Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #61
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Default Re: If Jason Kidd ran the Knicks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
whats sad is that u actually believe that. so basically u dont think that basketball is a team sport when u make statements like that. thats like saying in football wins and loses fall in the hands of the qb while the qb is playing with 10 other guys on offense. that statement makes no sense what so ever. and the money doesnt mean anything in sports anymore because guys who arent even all that are making as millions opon millions of dollars, so the money dont mean nothing anymore.
I think ur thinkin about this all wrong.
If the Spurs lose a lot of games, who gets the blame? Duncan
Houston? Mcgrady and Yao
Wizards? Arenas
Most of the time the highest paid player (ESPECIALLY A PG) will get blamed for loses. It's not our fault but its the truth.

The knicks lose because we turn the ball over, have horrible perimeter D, and have a problem controlling the tempo of the game.
Marbury gives up a lot of jump shots and penetration because he goes AROUND picks rather then IN FRONT of them. He basically asks the pg to drill a jump shot or take him off the dribble.

Combo of that AND he can't speak to the press and he isn't a educated guy, banged an intern, not willing to take a pay cut to win(minny), fight with teammates(Q, Van Horn, Kurt Thomas). **** i wouldnt wanna root for him now.

The thing i do like is... He loves the knicks and he wants to win. He has a thick skin. AND hes given some form of sacrifice to his game for the team (first time in his 10 year carreer).

I blame him and Zeke for us sucking so much.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:42 PM   #62
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
I think ur thinkin about this all wrong.
If the Spurs lose a lot of games, who gets the blame? Duncan
Houston? Mcgrady and Yao
Wizards? Arenas
Most of the time the highest paid player (ESPECIALLY A PG) will get blamed for loses. It's not our fault but its the truth.

The knicks lose because we turn the ball over, have horrible perimeter D, and have a problem controlling the tempo of the game.
Marbury gives up a lot of jump shots and penetration because he goes AROUND picks rather then IN FRONT of them. He basically asks the pg to drill a jump shot or take him off the dribble.

Combo of that AND he can't speak to the press and he isn't a educated guy, banged an intern, not willing to take a pay cut to win(minny), fight with teammates(Q, Van Horn, Kurt Thomas). **** i wouldnt wanna root for him now.

The thing i do like is... He loves the knicks and he wants to win. He has a thick skin. AND hes given some form of sacrifice to his game for the team (first time in his 10 year carreer).

I blame him and Zeke for us sucking so much.

I think this topic should sent to the main board.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #63
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

155, Do you think a player who's job is to run the offense and plays the most minutes should not be held accountable if his team loses? And if he just so happens to be the captain you can't blame him?

Yeah its a team sport. But someone is in charge on the floor while the game is played. Someone executes the plays. In this case its Marbury.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:15 PM   #64
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Somebody send this to the main forum.
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:17 PM   #65
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

but y isnt like that tho. y isnt that the teams best player gets the blame when the team doesnt win. that aspect of a team sport i dont agree with. for example i dont like when a qb throws a 10 yard pass the reciever takes it like 70 yards and the commentater only want to focus on the qb. i would understand if the guy wasnt playin well but, people cant say that marbury hasnt been ballin since he got to ny. if he scores 30 point and like 10 assist and the team loses that mean its his fault the team lose. now lets say for example duncan scores like 15 points and like 6 rebounds and the spurs win but duncan played bad does that mean duncan was the reason y the spurs won. in a team sport everybody has a role to play. if theres a 9 or 10 man rotation, those 9 or 10 guys each has a role to play for the team to win. basketball is a team game. marbury is not the reason y the knicks have been losin.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #66
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

The only reason I won't send this to the main board is because Marb would get killed in their.

But sports is like that.
Maybe unfair. Oh Well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: