Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2006, 06:28 PM   #16
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos
 
xxxSuperStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix via Chicago
Posts: 1,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Who's the league minimum going to get them? Shawn Kemp? Diaw and Matrix are undersized, a fact that te playoffs are going to consistently exploit. STAT and Thomas both are injury question marks. Plus, Thomas is old. They need to switch it up.

They only got to game 6 of the Western Conference finals last year WITHOUT Amare, Kurt Thomas and injured Raja Bell. Better blow it up.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #17
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 19,707
Default

I didn't say blow the team up, obviously, I said switch it up in reference to getting frontcourt help. If they want to beat Dallas or San An (the two teams that would have met in the WC Finals if seeding was based on record instead of Division titles factoring in) in a seven game series they need some help up front.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:32 PM   #18
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star
 
ExpatSunsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The lack of any reliable true bigs was a major factor, possibly the biggest factor, in Dallas beating them.

Sure, and the lack of reliable bigs was such a factor in San Antonio losing to Dallas, too...the 'major factor' that killed the Suns in that series was a lack of outside shooting.

You know KT was healthy for that series, right? He played about 5 min. total, but he was available in every game; fact is, the Suns wanted Diaw at center as much as possible, and they wanted Marion at PF guarding Dirk. The problem was, they didn't have any smalls. They wanted Raja to guard Josh Howard at SF, but he couldn't because he was injured, so they were forced to shuttle Marion back and forth.

If the Suns get Banks, they'll have four quality guards again. When they're healthy, they will go back to playing small, I promise.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:44 PM   #19
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 19,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
Sure, and the lack of reliable bigs was such a factor in San Antonio losing to Dallas, too...the 'major factor' that killed the Suns in that series was a lack of outside shooting.
Phoenix had 5 players shooting 36% or better from three in the postseason. 5 players at 33% or better in the Conference fials. But they lost the series due to shooting?

Quote:
You know KT was healthy for that series, right? He played about 5 min. total, but he was available in every game; fact is, the Suns wanted Diaw at center as much as possible, and they wanted Marion at PF guarding Dirk. The problem was, they didn't have any smalls. They wanted Raja to guard Josh Howard at SF, but he couldn't because he was injured, so they were forced to shuttle Marion back and forth.
Kurt Thomas was just coming off of injury. And is 33.

Quote:
If the Suns get Banks, they'll have four quality guards again. When they're healthy, they will go back to playing small, I promise.
With their present roster, I agree, they'll play smallball. And Dallas or San Antonio will beat them in the postseason, I promise.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:28 PM   #20
craigthomasb
College star
 
craigthomasb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,849
Default

what is wrong with pheonix, they had rajon rondo possibly for 4 years areound $2 million a season and traded him cause their cheap, then their gonna go out and spend like $5 million a season on banks, i dont get it?
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:32 PM   #21
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever
 
A Roc 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,380
Default

craig. Phx was trying to resign Tim Thomas. When TT decided not to sign with them the next day, they started offering the money to other players. John Salmons, then Marcus Banks.

I really this like move. As it stands now the Suns only have 1 PG on the roster and he is 32 years old and needs to start playing less minutes in the regular season.

Last edited by A Roc 23 : 07-18-2006 at 07:35 PM.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:32 PM   #22
thenextgreatbigman
Banned
 
thenextgreatbigman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,092
Default

..
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:08 PM   #23
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star
 
ExpatSunsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Phoenix had 5 players shooting 36% or better from three in the postseason. 5 players at 33% or better in the Conference fials. But they lost the series due to shooting?
33% isn't nearly good enough for the Suns--they expect to live off those threes, and to have that threat create space for players to drive the lane. The Mavs won four games by shading their defenders into the paint and daring the Suns to shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
With their present roster, I agree, they'll play smallball. And Dallas or San Antonio will beat them in the postseason, I promise.
Wait and see, I guess. I doubt the Suns will lose to Dallas next year, though, if they're even moderately healthy.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:13 PM   #24
AKADS
National High School Star
 
AKADS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,239
Default

Does this make Barbosa expandable.

I have heard this rumour on another board. Most likely just garbage but its the offseason.
K. Thomas
Barbosa

For

Gooden
Sasha.
AKADS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:15 PM   #25
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever
 
A Roc 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
Does this make Barbosa expandable.

I have heard this rumour on another board. Most likely just garbage but its the offseason.
K. Thomas
Barbosa

For

Gooden
Sasha.

Hate it. Barbosa will be the 6th man of the year for the next 5 years if the Suns can re-sign him.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:27 PM   #26
AKADS
National High School Star
 
AKADS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Hate it. Barbosa will be the 6th man of the year for the next 5 years if the Suns can re-sign him.

Who are the Suns not goin to pay. They will have to resign Barbosa and Diaw after this season.

Shawn Marion15,070,000 / 16,440,000 / 17,810,000
Amare Stoudamire 12,375,000 / 13,674,375 / 14,973,750 / 16,273,125 / 17,572,500
Steve Nash 10,500,000 / 11,375,000 / 12,250,000 / 13,125,000
Kurt Thomas 8,458,969 / 9,194,531 / 9,930,094
Raja Bell 4,468,966 / 4,800,000 / 5,131,034 / 5,462,069
James Jones 2,652,000 / 2,904,000 / 3,156,000

So if you want to pay Diaw and Barbosa both will be looking for 8 million plus each and both will more then likely want 5 yrs.
AKADS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:27 PM   #27
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star
 
ExpatSunsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
Does this make Barbosa expandable.
No.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:30 PM   #28
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
Who are the Suns not goin to pay. They will have to resign Barbosa and Diaw after this season.

Shawn Marion15,070,000 / 16,440,000 / 17,810,000
Amare Stoudamire 12,375,000 / 13,674,375 / 14,973,750 / 16,273,125 / 17,572,500
Steve Nash 10,500,000 / 11,375,000 / 12,250,000 / 13,125,000
Kurt Thomas 8,458,969 / 9,194,531 / 9,930,094
Raja Bell 4,468,966 / 4,800,000 / 5,131,034 / 5,462,069
James Jones 2,652,000 / 2,904,000 / 3,156,000

So if you want to pay Diaw and Barbosa both will be looking for 8 million plus each and both will more then likely want 5 yrs.
That Kurt Thomas salary is wrong. I don't know if the other ones are, though.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:32 PM   #29
AKADS
National High School Star
 
AKADS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,239
Default

The Cap in 07-08 will be around 55 - 58 million based on the growth of the league with Amare/Marion/Nash/Thomas alone at 50 million.
AKADS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:32 PM   #30
AKADS
National High School Star
 
AKADS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
That Kurt Thomas salary is wrong. I don't know if the other ones are, though.

How is it wrong.
AKADS is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy