Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-18-2006, 08:38 PM   #31
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
How is it wrong.
Kurt Thomas is set to make 7.35 million this coming season and 8.09 million the season after. His deal is up after that.

I don't know where you found that stuff you posted.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:39 PM   #32
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Kurt Thomas is set to make 7.35 million this coming season and 8.09 million the season after. His deal is up after that.

I used the link on the main page of ISH. Thanks for letting me know that its wrong.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:40 PM   #33
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11

Exactly what I was about to post. Next year is his last year.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:43 PM   #34
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

What a great signing.

This still doesn't make up for giving up Marcus Williams, though.

But its a great signing. They finally add a slasher/defender to their plans.

And get buckets do they really need frontcourt help? They got Amare and Marion and Kurt Thomas. Last year they nearly made the Finals with Tim Thomas and Diaw as their PF and C and Pat Burke as their third big. I think they'll be alright. Yeah they could use a Kelvin Cato type to put in during crunchtime against San An / Miami when the tempo slows down, but it's not that pressing, and I prefer this because it's a move for the future.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:43 PM   #35
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
Does this make Barbosa expandable.

I have heard this rumour on another board. Most likely just garbage but its the offseason.
K. Thomas
Barbosa

For

Gooden
Sasha.

Phoenix radio was reporting during the Lakers series that Lakers execs fell in love with Barbosa and want to try to sign him when his contract is up.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:46 PM   #36
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Give up 2 players that are both better than Drew Gooden for Drew Gooden? Great idea.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:49 PM   #37
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Kurt Thomas isn't better than Drew Gooden.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:02 PM   #38
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

I wouldn't bank on that.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:58 PM   #39
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

They're both good for 10 pts and 10 boards given a fair amount of minutes, only KT is tougher and considerably smarter and more reliable.

Plus KT can spread the floor with that jumper. Yeah Gooden's got good post moves but just isn't consistent enough. If I take Gooden it's only due to age.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:03 PM   #40
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

dp

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 07-18-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:08 AM   #41
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
And get buckets do they really need frontcourt help? They got Amare and Marion and Kurt Thomas. Last year they nearly made the Finals with Tim Thomas and Diaw as their PF and C and Pat Burke as their third big. I think they'll be alright. Yeah they could use a Kelvin Cato type to put in during crunchtime against San An / Miami when the tempo slows down, but it's not that pressing, and I prefer this because it's a move for the future.
1: People should stop boosting up the WCF run as if it's a validation for smallball. They were only that close to the Finals because a fluke in the seeding rules forced the WC's two best teams, San Antonio and Dallas, to face off in the Conference semis on the other half of the bracket. In reality they squeaked by LA twice, first barely getting past the Lakers who were hampered by incompetent pg play and only had Kwame Brown in the paint, and then they faced a Clippers team that was stopped by Kaman getting hurt and Dunleavy leaving the game in Shawn Livingston's hands for whatever stupid reason while Sam Cassell sat on his thumbs.

2: Kurt Thomas is 33 and coming off of a 53-game season. And he was never the biggest guy anyway (6'9, 235). You don't want to count on him, he'll be 34 come next postseason. STAT, if the microfracture hasn't Penny'd him, could possibly be enough but coming of of that operation I'd prefer to have insurance. Shawn Marion's true position is SF, no way at 6'7 is he going to be a match for TD in 7 games.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:43 AM   #42
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Shawn Marion's true position is SF, no way at 6'7 is he going to be a match for TD in 7 games.
No, but he matched up with Chris Kaman pretty well for 7 games (when he wasn't guarding Sam Cassell, that is). I think Marion will do just fine against Francisco Elson if he's pressed into that role.

Guard rotation--Nash, Bell, Barbosa, (nobody)
Big rotation--Amare, Diaw, KT, (Marion)

Frankly, they could use help in both, but it's nice to get one of the two spots squared away.

Oh, and here's the link for confirmation:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...9suns0719.html

Quote:
Marcus Banks and his family threw a surprise birthday party for his mother Saturday under the guise that she had to attend a meeting with a prospective NBA team.

He topped that surprise this week when the Las Vegas native firmed up plans to play closer to home with the Suns. Banks, who arrived in the Valley on Tuesday night, came to terms with the Suns on a five-year contract worth about $21 million. The deal could be official as soon as Thursday.

"We're honored to be with the Suns and a hop, skip and a jump away," his father, Arthur, said. "We really feel like it's an ideal fit with the Suns' style. Marcus is so ecstatic about it."

After nabbing only Eric Piatkowski in the first week of free agency, the Suns took care of their summer priority to find point guard relief for Steve Nash. Banks, 24, addresses what Phoenix tried to get earlier this month in Lindsey Hunter and then some.

With a strong 6-foot-2 frame, Banks is a noted defender but is far better offensively than Hunter and keeps the Suns younger.

Able to back up or team with Nash, Banks may challenge Leandro Barbosa as the team's quickest penetrator.

Any character concerns were wiped out by checks and a Monday dinner Banks had with coach Mike D'Antoni. Banks plays in Las Vegas in the summers with Shawn Marion, another former Runnin' Rebel.

"It could be really effective," Banks' agent, Michael Higgins, said. "He really likes D'Antoni. He told me he'd be thrilled just to learn from Steve Nash."

Banks was a backup for 2 1/2 seasons in Boston before being traded last season to Minnesota.

Banks' addition would give the Suns 11 players under contract and make the possibility of Eddie House's return doubtful.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:54 AM   #43
SandMan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SandMan has an OK reputation so far

According to 82games.com, banks is the second best defensive point in the league.

http://www.82games.com/rosenbaum3.htm

They finally got someone to at least slow down parker, and to a lesser extent terry.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:01 AM   #44
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Banks
Bell
Marion
Diaw
K.Thomas

Now the Suns can run that lineup and play really solid defense. Diaw will be overmatched by some PFs, but he really is an underrated defender on this board.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:07 AM   #45
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan
According to 82games.com, banks is the second best defensive point in the league.

http://www.82games.com/rosenbaum3.htm

They finally got someone to at least slow down parker, and to a lesser extent terry.

The Suns tried to trade for Chris Duhon last week, no lie.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: