Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-19-2006, 01:31 PM   #61
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I didn't say that the trade was good. I was only referring to GeeWiz's remark that Kurt Thomas was better than Drew Gooden. He isn't. I still think he would be a better fit for the Suns considering Thomas' age and injury problems, but not at the salary he wants.

I just wanted to address the fact that Drew Gooden is better than Kurt Thomas (the current version).
There is no question that he is a better player than current Kurt Thomas. That was never my point. My point was that I would rather keep Kurt and whoever else would have to go in order to get Gooden, than have Drew on the team at a high salary for the next 5 years, and play up and down ball all the time.

Gooden also needs big minutes to make a mark on the game, and he still wouldn't get that here, whereas Thomas can make a solid contribution without playing heavy minutes. That's why I think he fits better here than Drew is.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:43 PM   #62
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

This is a great move, but knowing that the Phoenix Suns could've had Marcus Williams in the draft or other PGs that they drafted but traded away, this move is all for not... So until they address the front court, this move barely improved their team...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: