Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 10-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #16
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Re: Who should start at PG initially?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
According to this mornins AJC sports news I read this morning

Anthony Johnson is the starting PG.
Pretty good vet...Didn't he have like 44 points in a playoff game one time? Guy needs to be a backup on a winning team, maybe the Cavs if he's still good. If he were able to draw attention from LeBron coming off the bench, along with Gibson drawing away attention as well, then it could really help them get more competitive.

I'm not high on Law for the Hawks, but I think he could have an immediate impact in the league. He could provide a strong scoring backcourt with Joe Johnson, and he'll be able to work off ball alot to create his own shots since Johnson can handle the ball well too.

My question is who is starting at the forward spots and center? I know Smith will start, but will Marvin get a crack at SF, with Horford or Zaza at C, or will they put Smith on the wing, Horford at PF, and Zaza at C?
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:53 PM   #17
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yea i love AJ... obviously as a pacers fan, i saw johnson put up 40 points against one of his other former teams, the nets, back in the 06 first round... he can start but like u said he should be a back up pg in a winning system... hes better than jacque vaughn in San An.... he needs to be in a situation like that... although he was with dallas at the beginning of last year... they underutilized his skills, AJ is a brilliant player and playmaker, he can hit shots for you and make that extra pass as well... though knowing the hawks they'll start lue
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:08 PM   #18
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

OlDeRaDo_64 has an OK reputation so far

I say speedy... not only does claxton have a cl name but i allways get him on fantasy drafts, and hes well worth having on your team for a 6th man, but in this case, he should start for atlanta
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:08 PM   #19
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

I like Lue or Claxton starting, with Johnson getting significant minutes off the bench. Law should take over the starting job eventually, and Johnson can be traded to a playoff team.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: