Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-16-2007, 12:17 AM   #31
-primetime-

Default Re: Best Players in the NFL- Team

it may be 2 pts. per 20 yds...idk

I will do that...

6 pts per TD
2 pts per 20 yds

DEAL????

do you want me to take T.O. or Moss?
Old 09-16-2007, 12:38 AM   #32
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

You actually have the nerve to say that Owens had a better game then Smith because he had 1 more TD then him? :

TO caught 26% of Romo's yardage...Smith caught 60% of Delhomme's yardage in their respective games...Owen faced one of the most dreadful secondaries in the league and still was not as productive as Smith.

Screw your fantasy points, that doesn't tell you ANYTHING about who had the better game, it's just a standarized point system who don't understand the freaking game. By that system, Drew Carter had a better game then Steve Smith because he caught 2 touchdowns for Carolina while having something like 30 yards.

You need to look at each situation and the opposition each team faced...Smith caught 4 more catches and had 31 more yards, plus a game winning touchdown how is it not better then TO's 87 yards and 2 touchdowns against a terrible secondary in which your QB had a career day.

Smith only had 19 yards in the 1st half, while his team was trailing 13-7...he started making big 3rd down conversation catches, including a game winning TD in the 3rd quarter. He then proceeded to make a big 18 yard catch on 3rd down, which set up a Drew Carter 9 yard TD catch I believe...he was huge for Carolina in the 2nd half. TO had a nice game too, but you're overrating the significance of those 2 touchdowns in a 45 point outburst.

Last edited by Los Angeles : 09-16-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:41 AM   #33
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

By the way even if TO didn't spit in Hall's face last year he would have been a reserve, while Smith would have been the starter for the NFC. Not because Smith had like 5 less touchdowns but because experts understand that Smith was more productive on a game by game basis then TO last year.

Quote:
Receiving Yards: 1 pt for every 10 yards
Receiving TDs: 6 pts for every receiving TD

17.8 points for Smith
20.7 points for Owens

118 yards (11.8 points + 6 points)
87 yards (12 points + 8.7 points)

That's ridiculous, they don't take receptions under consideration?

By the way, Shawn Marion is a top 3 fantasy player...is he a top 3 NBA player? You really need to understand the game better, Smith obviously was a more crucial part to his team in week 1, thus he outplayed TO...anyone who watched both games would tell you the same exact thing.

You can pick either or, I just though you'd pick TO because he's your boy.

Last edited by Los Angeles : 09-16-2007 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:45 AM   #34
-primetime-

what do you suggest we do then, go by Carbine's opinion?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/060721

3. Standard scoring: six points for rushing/receiving TDs; four points for passing TDs; three for FGs; one for PATs; six for defense/special teams TD; one for sacks/fumble recoveries/INTs; two for safeties; one for every 20 passing yards; one for every 10 rushing/receiving yards; 20 points for an arrest. However, there are wrinkles:

I don't know why you act like TDs are not important....Smith should have his fare share...don't be scared

I will take T.O. because yes, he is a Cowboy

the loser has to sport the other's avatar throughout the playoffs and until the final second of the Super Bowl.

do we have a deal?
Old 09-16-2007, 01:49 AM   #35
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
By the way even if TO didn't spit in Hall's face last year he would have been a reserve, while Smith would have been the starter for the NFC. Not because Smith had like 5 less touchdowns but because experts understand that Smith was more productive on a game by game basis then TO last year.
experts?

the fans voted him in...

probowls are overrated full of overrated players like my own Cowboy's saftey Roy Williams.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:33 AM   #36
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

I would take T.O. over Moss personally (in their prime and currently.) T.O can go over the middle of the field and break a few tackles to score while Moss is just sling it up in the air and let him catch it. Moss has never been much of a threat in the middle of the field.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #37
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

The AFC and NFC All-Star squads are made up of the consensus votes of fans, players and coaches. Each group's vote counts one-third towards determining the 43-man rosters that represent the American Football Conference and National Football Conference in the Pro Bowl. NFL players and coaches will cast their votes Dec. 14-15.

It's not just the fans who vote...
First possession of the game, Smith already has 3 receptions, 35 yards and 1 touchdown.

He's a really overrated receiver.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #38
-primetime-

so do we have a bet?

he has 2 TDs right now....do you have to wait for him to score a third before you say "yes"?
Old 09-16-2007, 03:09 PM   #39
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Quote:
he has 2 TDs right now....do you have to wait for him to score a third before you say "yes"?

You're quickly becoming my least favorite poster with your lack of understanding and knowledge in all facets of the game.

I said Yes, about fifty posts back.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #40
-primetime-

Quote:
You're quickly becoming my least favorite poster with your lack of understanding and knowledge in all facets of the game.
don't get all pissy just because someone else doesn't think Smith is the best WR in the NFL

we will see how has a lack of understanding when you are sporting my avatar
Old 09-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #41
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Quote:
we will see how has a lack of understanding when you are sporting my avatar

Smith: 8 receptions, 153 yards and 3 touchdowns...pretty much doing everything himself today, Delhomme should be benched...I don't believe in him anymore.

I'm done arguing with you, I'll just let Smith do the talking.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:13 PM   #42
-primetime-

Quote:
Smith: 8 receptions, 153 yards and 3 touchdowns...pretty much doing everything himself today, Delhomme should be benched...I don't believe in him anymore.

I'm done arguing with you, I'll just let Smith do the talking.
you're up

but I will win in the end
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: