Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-07-2006, 11:00 AM   #16
Milkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Im uncertain on him. One side of me says I should like him. The other says he will bust. It's difficult. He will never be a great player but there isnt really a reason that he cant give some team a Diop like presence and these days, thats a great contribution at center. It really is sad that Diop is a top 10 center because really he isnt very good.
how many times have you watched him play?
Old 06-07-2006, 11:13 AM   #17
Lascar78
I hit open 5-footers

Lascar78 has an OK reputation so far

zaza is unarguably better than diop
Lascar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #18
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Anyone that question O'Bryant ethic is highly uninformed. Guy went from being so unimpressive as a high school senior that he wasn't offered any scholarships besides Bradley to a top 10 pick in the NBA draft.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #19
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Shaq
Yao
Camby
Ben
Okur
Kaman
Bogut
Magloire
Nenad
Illgauskas
Pryzbilla
Jeff Foster
PJ Brown
Brad Miller
Zo

I'll give you Shaq, Yao, Camby and Ben for sure. The rest are debatable. A couple score better. None are better defensively. None bring the same intensity except Zo and none give their team as much of an impact.

Quote:
how many times have you watched him play?
O'Bryant I've only seen draft footage of. Diop I have seen probably 100 or so times and as someone who grew up watching in the 90's, its sad that you can say Diop is a top 10 center and not be joking. Just sad.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:31 AM   #20
Milkman

Quote:
Diop I have seen probably 100 or so times

you saw around 100 games where Diop has played and you're in Australia? there isnt many games aired here and ive dloaded just about every dallas game uploaded to torrents and i havent seen Diop 100 times... i got most cleveland games too... maybe i missed some games...
Old 06-07-2006, 11:40 AM   #21
Milkman

Quote:
I'll give you Shaq, Yao, Camby and Ben for sure. The rest are debatable.

okay well Diop averaged this year 2.4pts, 4.6rebs and 1.8blks...

i'll just grab one guy from the list... say Okur, his averages this year: 18pts, 9.1rebs and 0.9blks... so yeah i guess its debatable......... riiiiiiiiiiiiight
Old 06-07-2006, 11:41 AM   #22
ecuhus
Scrub at the Park

ecuhus has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman
you saw around 100 games where Diop has played and you're in Australia? there isnt many games aired here and ive dloaded just about every dallas game uploaded to torrents and i havent seen Diop 100 times... i got most cleveland games too... maybe i missed some games...

He watched the same tape 100 time! :)

Anyway, I might be biased as a KU fan (no comment from the peanut gallery...), but I'd heard about him before we played him, and he's for real.

He enjoys playing, and liek the other guy said, he's GOT to have a motor to put himself on the map after being spurned by almost everyone. Props to Les for spotting a budding star. I predict a 14/9/2 guy, a la Kaman.
ecuhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #23
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Quote:

Cleveland games are basically all available. Have been for a good 3 years now. 16 playoff games this year. 100 games out of 290 is not much. Only saw him about 10-20 times this year for Dallas.
Quote:
i'll just grab one guy from the list... say Okur, his averages this year: 18pts, 9.1rebs and 0.9blks... so yeah i guess its debatable......... riiiiiiiiiiiiight

Because we all know that stats are a great measure of defense, I mean clearly Bruce Bowen, Ben Wallace, Raja Bell and many others are worthless players also. Okur puts up 18 and concedes 20. Thats really valuable. I would honestly take Diop's defensive impact over any of those guys, unless I had a certain need, like a jump shooting center or something. Quite simply there is no way I would take 10 guys on that list over Diop. No way at all, and I dare say Dallas wouldnt either.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:00 PM   #24
Yogi4mvp
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Yogi4mvp has an OK reputation so far

He's going to be a good one.
I'd way rather reach for him at 5 if I'm the Hawks than Marcus Williams.

I don't think much will separate O'Bryant and Aldridge at the pro level.
Both aren't as tough as they can be, but have an arsenal of moves down low and are shot blocking and rebounding beasts.
Yogi4mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #25
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

The C's may go with O'Bryant at 7. Perk, Big Al, Dwayne Jones, O'Bryant....very nice young crop of bigs.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #26
Unregistered

That would be a smart move. Hawks, Wolves, Celtics even Rockets are sitting pretty in this draft.
There's so much parity at the top you could get the best player in the draft late like with Dirk and Pierce back in the day.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:20 PM   #27
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

O'Bryant's the guy I've been wanting for the Wolves, though they'll probably get Gay or someone like that.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:49 PM   #28
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Quote:
O'Bryant's the guy I've been wanting for the Wolves, though they'll probably get Gay or someone like that.

Gay is probably a better fit. Gay is a guy who can contribute from day 1. Minny could go with some interesting looks with him. That said, they dont really need him. Hassell and Davis is a solid pairing on the wing. Then again, Minny arent really going anywhere anyway. McHale has basically raped KG's career.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:00 PM   #29
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i saw him play in a game locally vs. indiana state and i wasn't really impressed at all. he could rebound but he was the tallest player by at least 4 inches and he had 0 post moves. i didn't think the overall bradley team was very good either(isu won) but look what happened to them so you never know.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #30
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Help for Garnett inside is Minnesota's biggest concern right now (and has been for about 23403256239056 years) if you ask me. When we've got Davis and McCants to score on the wings and Hassell and Justin Reed to defend on the wings, we don't need Gay.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: