Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-16-2007, 01:13 AM   #1
Supafly79
I airball my layups

Supafly79 has an OK reputation so far
Default Your Knick rotation as of today

My starting five would be

Marbury
Qrich
Balkman
Zach
Curry

Reserves
Mardy
Crawford
Jeffries
Lee
Morris

I think the only thing to be disputed is the 2 and the 3 positions in the starting five. It could go alot of different ways. IMO with Balkman and Qrich on the wings you have solid perimeter defense to start the game. I don't see Qrich coming of the bench because I think he is the vocal leader of the squad and I think all of his teammates respect him. Balkman is a better defender than Lee and therefore needs to start at the three. We have to protect Zach and Eddy on defense and to do that our perimeter players need to keep guys in front of them. Balkman and Lee are both great rebounders but the difference is Balkman can rebound and start the break himself, Lee has to wait for a guard. Just think when we play the Celts Q/Allen Balkman/Pierce Zach/Garnett. What do yall think? Holla back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Supafly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:48 AM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Your Knick rotation as of today

Good posting and analysis. Balkman isn't gonna start, but should be second off the bench. Q is better at that forward spot.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:07 AM   #3
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Crawford should be starting at SG. And Lee at SF might be interesting against some teams instead of Q. More size and rebounding - although Q averages 7 rpg.

Last edited by oldknickfan : 09-16-2007 at 06:09 AM.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:31 AM   #4
Supafly79
I airball my layups

I just think that Lee can't guard any small forwards so why have a whole frontline that can't defend. Balkman is the best fit at the small forward chemistry wise to me. He is quicker than Lee, handles the ball better than Lee and is a better defender. Crawford IMO needs to come off the bench. He is too streaky and is too small to defend bigger two guards. I really like the idea of Crawford and Lee coming off the bench. I just pray that we have a healthy Qrich after the back surgery he had. He has been playing hurt for years now.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:22 AM   #5
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

I actually really like that starting line-up. Crawford is the perfect 6th man combo guard. Like Barbosa or Gordon. Those players play their best when they're alongside a big point guard or off the bench.

Meanwhile Q does it all. He scores, rebounds, passes, defends. The perfect SG for us.

Balkman does his energy thing and sets the tone. Plus it shows that hard work can get you a starting spot.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #6
Supafly79
I airball my layups

Thanks for your reply Skillzwithaz. That is exactly what I was thinking. I think Crawford would have to be too passive if he was in the starting five. Just because he doesn't start doesn't mean he can't finish games on the floor. When he comes in he would have the green light to shoot and be aggressive. Just like Gordon, Barbosa, and even Ginobili last year. People forget that even though Manu was an all star, Pop would bring him off the bench to completely change the flow of the game. I like Jamal but chemistry wise I just think its a better look for him off the bench.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Situationally, Q can play the two.

But Q has the body of a SF.

6-6 230. I have met him twice over the course of last season in my line of duty, I'm 6-7 and I am ince above eye to eye with him.

But.......not too many guys can play in the backcourt full-time with that weight.

Joe Johnson does it nightly, but Joe is the main option In ATL. He has to.

He is also close to 6 foot 8. So his wieght actuall is stretched by the inches.

The amazing part is since Q has a bad back regardless of surgery, people want him in the backcourt to further stretch his back beyond what he is capable.

As a forward where he should be he is the one who can exploit.

As a guard he would have to do too much on the defensive end.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #8
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

the starting 5 that ive wanted is

marbury
collins
qrich
randolph
curry

this is assumin collins has recovered well from surgery. but i wouldnt mind
q at the 2 n balkman at the 3 either
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:01 AM   #9
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

i dont know tho. nate looks like he's ready to do damage. i know it was just summer league and all that but he was really unstoppable. i believe if u gave nate the minutes he can average 20 easily. the thing is that we have so much gaurds.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:25 AM   #10
spree8149
I airball my layups

spree8149 has an OK reputation so far

the OP had it right, thats our best starting 5. we shud have an energy guy like balkman in the starting lineup. i consider balkman, lee, and nate our energy guys and if theyre all comin off the bench then the rotation isnt balanced. crawford and lee will still get theres off the bench where i think they r better. and i dont see collins gettiin much minutes unless we get injuries at our guard spots.
spree8149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:25 AM   #11
spree8149
I airball my layups

spree8149 has an OK reputation so far

the OP had it right, thats our best starting 5. we shud have an energy guy like balkman in the starting lineup. i consider balkman, lee, and nate our energy guys and if theyre all comin off the bench then the rotation isnt balanced. crawford and lee will still get theres off the bench where i think they r better. and i dont see collins gettiin much minutes unless we get injuries at our guard spots.
spree8149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #12
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I'd like to see Q drop a few pounds no matter were he plays.

He has great lower body strength but losing a few pounds doesn't mean he will lose strength if he changes his workouts.

It will help with his stamina, his back and his quickness.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:51 PM   #13
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I'm just going to copy and paste what I said in a previous thread about starting line-ups (with slight tweaks)......

I'd prefer Jamal Crawford off the bench. Have him be the leader of the second unit. If I was Isiah Thomas I'd setup a sitdown between John Havlicek and Jamal. Hopefully, this talk would help Jamal see how important the "6th Man" can be.

My first five would be:
Stephon Marbury
Quentin Richardson
Renaldo Balkman
Zach Randolph
Eddy Curry

- Crawford would be the first player off the bench for either Q or 'Naldo.
- David Lee would be the second player off the bench for Zach or Eddy. * The player not being replaced by Lee moves to the offensive low-post. *
- Mardy Collins comes in third off the bench. He replaces either Steph or whoever was not replaced by Crawford.

That would be my rotation. Those 8 would always get in the game roughly at the same points in time and get a standard range of playing time.

Then I would have my situational players. These guys would come in when their particular skillset, style of play is needed, or foul trouble puts me in a bind.

Fred Jones - need to improve wing athleticism, play uptempo
Nate Robinson - need to pressure the ball (Nate can be really effective at this when he's not taking crazy chances), increase tempo
Randolph Morris - slow game down, improve interior defense even if it means taking away some interior offense
Malik Rose - slow game down, settle team down and regain composure

Jerome James, Jared Jefferies, and the two rookies would need to show me something during the preseason and first month of the regular season to leapfrog any of the above guys.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:49 PM   #14
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

That makes the most sense to me, now if Isiah sees it the same way we might have something.

I have a feeling he doesn't though.....oh well.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:45 AM   #15
Thaihoops
I airball my layups

Thaihoops has an OK reputation so far

Hi

I am intrigued that some people think Balkman may be starting material, that shows a lot. My guess is that the Knicks starting unit and back ups will change substantially from the beginning until the end of the season.

I still think Balkman has to prove his minuets. The suggested starting lineup with Balkman may prove out over the season.

TH
Thaihoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: