Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-18-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation
Default i just gotta get this out there...

KING, DO SOMETHING! IM SICK OF U SITTIN AROUND NOT DOIN NOTHING SO WE CAN JUS END UP BEING A BELOW AVERAGE TEAM THAT BARELY GETS THE 7TH OR 8TH SEED OR JUST MISSES PLAYOFFS OUTRIGHT! if king doesn't do something beneficial this summer, i want him fired. And to be honest...i wanted him fired a long time ago...
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:52 PM   #2
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

What exactly do you want him to do? You dont want him to make a bad decision aquiring players via overpaying or taking on a crap deal. Patience, you dont make moves just to make them. Video games you can get away with but in the real world you simply cant. Not many teams are drooling over Sammy due to his deal. And they arent willing to give up equal value to get him either. If they eat that contract its because they are returning lesser players in the process. Who else would you like moved? Cant move Steven Hunter since he is currently the first big off the bench and right now a key bench player. You better be bringing something helpful back. What else, Iggy wont be traded and the rookies you took because they fit the style/look you want. Athletic players who can rebound/defend.

AI is the big value getter and right now the offers just arent there. We dont want another Charles Barkley trade.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:47 PM   #3
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

we need to sign some1 with our midlevel first off, hes pissin me off cuz he hasnt offered reggie evans yet. WTF IS THE THINKING? u can't sit on ur a$$ all offseason waiting for some ai deal to fall into ur lap. BE PROACTIVE! Hes a bad gm and hes gonna screw the ai thing up i kno it, and hes not gonna sign any1 worth while this offseason
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:16 AM   #4
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

bring pat croce back... damn billy king
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:31 AM   #5
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

Pat Croce was President of Basketball Operations or was he team owner? Anyways, time is dwindling down and not really expecting much from King here on out.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:15 AM   #6
ppierce34

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Who even knows if they'll use the full MLE. I doubt they do whether AI is on the roster or not. It seems pretty clear that whether they rebuild and trade AI or end up holding on to him, Comcast wants to be under the luxury tax again.

Don't expect them to use the Marc Jackson trade exemption either. So basically they gave away Marc Jackson last season, feels good when you give away a great lockerroom guy that gave you 12 and 6 off the bench so a multi-billion dollar company could save some money. I don't like Billy King, but Comcast has tied his hands on some things.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:47 AM   #7
sean
I brick open layups

sean has an OK reputation so far

You are partly right but I also think King deserves some of the blame. I did believe we needed to get rid of Jackson to make more room on the roster though.
sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:25 PM   #8
NBAfan32

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

Well id actually like to see what this team can do. They need to sign another big guy for sure but i dont expect it to be a big name guy. Probably someone like Bo Outlaw or Henderson for the veteran's minimum. Key to this season is chemistry and the improvement of the young players especially Dalembert and Iguodala. IF Dalembert get a clue, plays smart D and boxes out to get boards that would be great. As for Iguodala, playing aggressive and improvement on his jumpshot will be a big boost for the team as well. We have perimeter defenders now, more athletic than last year, now Mo just has to use those pieces to try and get us back to the playoffs.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: