Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-16-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
CristianoVirtuos
Banned

CristianoVirtuos has an OK reputation so far
Default 2007/2008 Champions League

Man Utd winning it this year. Book it.

Last edited by CristianoVirtuos : 09-16-2007 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Cuz I'm a dumbass.
CristianoVirtuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2006/2007 Champions League

booked.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
CristianoVirtuos
Banned

CristianoVirtuos has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
booked.

Damn right. BTW, go to that "which posters annoy you" thread and please mention me. Thanks.
CristianoVirtuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:36 PM   #4
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

yeah.. all hail manchester united.. and the best player in the world Cristiano Ronaldo...
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:36 PM   #5
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

I'll pick Barca

Rhonaldinho, Henry, Eto, Messi...best forward core in the football world.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:40 PM   #6
evinecz
Banned

barca is good.. but they hav 2 many stars players.. and they will be figthin for the ball...and they will not gel 2gether., just look at wat happened 2day.. they drew vs an stupid side...Manchester united for the champions league...and ronaldinho is sucks compare to cristiano ronaldo...
Old 09-16-2007, 07:51 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

AC Milan = 2006/07 UEFA Champions League Champs! Book it

Oh wait, AC already won it! : :) you mean 2007/08.

AC for the repeat! Let's see what they went through this past Champions League:

1-0 over Celtic - 4-2 over Bayern Munich - 5-3 over ManU - 2-1 over Liverpool for the Championship! Sure they were in a weak group though. They also had the best club defender, midfielder, forward and footballer of the years.

Let's go AC! Kaka-Seedorf-Gattuso-Gilardinio-Etc. along with Dida in front of the net. If only Ronaldo can get his head on straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
I'll pick Barca

Rhonaldinho, Henry, Eto, Messi...best forward core in the football world.

I'll take:
Nani-Tevez-Saha-Rooney-C. Ronaldo[Also have Carrick, Nani and Anderson]
Ibrahimović-Adriano-Crespo-Figo-Cambiasso

Over Barca. Nani and Anderson are so young, Cristiano is also just 22, same with Rooney.

Don't count out the following MF/FW cores either:
Raul-Robinho-Julio Baptista-van Nistelrooy-Guiti
Kaka-Ronaldo-Serginho-Pirlo-Gilardino-Inzaghi-Pato
Shevchenko-Drogba-Robben-Essien-Kalou-Ballack
Toni-Podolski-van Bommel-Klose-Ze Roberto

Barcelona might have all the big names, but I highly doubt they'll have the chemistry. Most of the teams I listed have been together for a while and already click with one another and haven't seemed to have problems. Let's see if Barca can make the Quarter-Finals before they take it all.

Last edited by qrich : 09-16-2007 at 08:11 PM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #8
evinecz
Banned

ac milan's win over manutd was luckk.. man utd beat ac milan 3-2 and then lost 3-0 cuz we had no defender.. all our defenders were injured.. plsu we were competin for 3 trohpies.. ac milan was competing for just the champions league.. if we had all our players fit..man utd would of been the champions...
Old 09-16-2007, 08:08 PM   #9
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinecz
ac milan's win over manutd was luckk.. man utd beat ac milan 3-2 and then lost 3-0 cuz we had no defender.. all our defenders were injured.. plsu we were competin for 3 trohpies.. ac milan was competing for just the champions league.. if we had all our players fit..man utd would of been the champions...

Excuses, excuses, excuses. You guys were chasing 3 trophies, and how many did you win? You guys had it when you had a 3-2 victory, but lost it to a superior AC squad. Kaka, Seedorf, Gilardinio were able to put one away each.

Now luck, was the goal that Rooney had in the first leg in Old Trafford in the 91st minute of the 1st game to give ManU the 3-2 win and aggregate lead.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #10
qrich
King Heno

Here Are The Groups:

Group A:
Liverpool - England
Beşiktaş - Turkey
FC Porto - Portugal
Marseille - France

Group B:
Valencia - Spain
Chelsea - England

Rosenborg - Norway
Schalke 04 - Germany

Group C:
Lazio - Italy
Real Madrid - Spain
Werder Bremen - Germany
Olympiacos - Greece

Group D:
Celtic - Scotland
AC Milan - Italy

Benefica - Portugal
Shakhtar Donetsk - Ukraine

Group E:
Lyon - France
Rangers - Scotland
VfB Stuttgart - Germany
Barcelona - Spain

Group F:
Manchester United - England
AS Roma - Italy

Dynamo Kyiv - Ukraine
Sporting CP - Portugal

Group G:
Inter Milan - Italy
PSV Eindhoven - Holland
CSKA Moscow - Russia
Fenerbahçe - Turkey

Group H:
Sevilla - Spain
Arsenal - England

Slavia Prague - Czech Republic
Steaua - Romania

Denotes who I think will advance
Old 09-16-2007, 08:24 PM   #11
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

It might be tough for celtic to advance with benfice in their group.

You think Moscow will advance?
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:27 PM   #12
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
It might be tough for celtic to advance with benfice in their group.

Yeah, it took me some time to finally go with Celtic, I just kept going over the rosters and what not, trying to make up my mind, but I think Celtic will just make it.

Quote:
You think Moscow will advance?

Have to admit, I don't really think they will, but it's the homerism in me, and just wanting them to be able to get some sort of recognition. I think they do have a pretty solid chance of advancing though.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #13
evinecz
Banned

rooney's goal was no luck.. dat is a sign of a champion scorin at the last minute... and we did not lose it to a superior squad... ac milan squad is old and sucks.. the only 1 good is kaka...and we finished the season wid 1 trophy because of fatigue...if ac milan was chasin the league as well as the champions league they would not hav past the second round... and if u r talkin about luck... take into consideration kaka's goal vs celtic in rh 112 minute,..
Old 09-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #14
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

what about scotland beating france 1-0...thats pretty kick ass.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #15
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinecz
rooney's goal was no luck.. dat is a sign of a champion scorin at the last minute... and we did not lose it to a superior squad... ac milan squad is old and sucks.. the only 1 good is kaka...and we finished the season wid 1 trophy because of fatigue...if ac milan was chasin the league as well as the champions league they would not hav past the second round... and if u r talkin about luck... take into consideration kaka's goal vs celtic in rh 112 minute,..

How was it not? Kaka and AC went into Extra Time with Celtic, and there was still 8 minutes left and not in stoppage time like Rooney's. If AC's squad sucks, how come they won it all? And again, your using an excuse. ManU must be horrible then, huh? They lost to an AC squad which sucks, so what does that say about ManU? I didn't know 18 year old Pato is old? Nor that Dida, Pirlo, Gattuso, Gilardino, Emmerson, Cafu, Kaladze, Seedorf nor Inzaghi suck. Get out of here with that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: