Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 07-18-2006, 08:36 PM   #1
uvscfan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

uvscfan has an OK reputation so far
Default Utah Valley State 2006-2007 thread

Another exciting season is about to begin. UVSC will have more seniors starting this year than last year which will be the key to another winning season. Richard Troyer did well playing on Belize's national team this summer. His experience playing with and against national teams should have given him a chance to develop into a more dynamic player. There hasn't been a lot of news about the incoming class but Coach Hunsaker never ceases to find talent that bigger programs have missed.

This year's schedule doesn't appear to have Weber State or Boise State on it. It's not hard to understand why teams are scared of losing to an Independent team since Independents are usually thought to be a guaranteed win for larger programs. The goal is to join a conference and since the women's soccer team and the wrestling team have been invited to join sport-specific conferences, it's reasonable to assume that UVSC will be asked to join a multi-sport conference when it become elligible.

Ronnie Price was impressive in this year's summer league. I was really worried when the Kings picked up Douby in the draft because his game looks a lot like Ronnie's did minus the defense. Douby will not be able to develop the speed that enables Ronnie to be a great defender although the Kings have never been a team that valued defense over offense.

For those of you who are interested in Wolverines hoops I will be updating this thread as interesting stories come along. For those of you who don't care about UVSC, I probably don't care about your band-wagon team so keep that in mind while making posts about how you can't believe that someone would post about Utah Valley State.
uvscfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:28 PM   #2
jrrp321
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jrrp321 has an OK reputation so far

Ronnie Price, Sacramento Kings
The speedy point guard was a crowd favorite for his up-tempo offensive game...Price averaged 15.2 points, 2.8 rebounds and 2.4 assists in five games, including a 31 point outburst against the Mavericks.

Last edited by insidehoops : 07-20-2006 at 01:37 PM.
jrrp321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:25 AM   #3
Duck Rodgers
Serious playground baller

Duck Rodgers has an OK reputation so far

As a student at that fine school for the past year and a half I think I can safely say.....Worst. School. Ever. Good luck to the team, though, as I have a few friends balling up there....I'm just glad I'm out of that place.

Don't tell me you honestly think anybody else on the Internet cares about UVSC basketball other than you......It's all about BYU in that area of the country.
Duck Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: