Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 07-02-2006, 01:21 AM   #1
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Talking Sammy and Timmy T to sign with Clips

Lakers, Clippers Make Moves
Radmanovic signs with Lakers; Cassell on the way out as Clippers sign Suns' Thomas
By Mike Bresnahan and Jason Reid, Times Staff Writer
9:04 PM PDT, July 1, 2006

In a day filled with innumerable twists, the local basketball landscape shifted, sighed and eventually settled as Vladimir Radmanovic left the Clippers for the Lakers, Tim Thomas left Phoenix for the Clippers, and Sam Cassell stayed where he was last season as a Clipper.

The Lakers moved quickly on the first day of free agency by snatching away a piece from their cross-town rival and agreeing to terms Saturday with Radmanovic, a three-point shooting forward who has made a career of stretching defenses.

ADVERTISEMENT
The Clippers reacted swiftly after Radmanovic and Cassell apparently reneged on agreements to stay with them, then reaching terms with the sharp-shooting Thomas and making a push for free-agent guard Bobby Jackson as a back-up plan in case Cassell left.

But Cassell, the 36-year-old point guard and undisputed on-court general of the Clippers last season, late Saturday agreed to a two-year, $13-million contract, keeping intact a Clippers nucleus that lasted longer than the Lakers in this year's playoffs.

Free agents cannot officially sign contracts until July 12.

Throughout the day, Cassell was weighing three options: a two-year, $13-million offer from Atlanta, a two-year, $11-million offer from the Clippers and a three-year, $12-million offer from Denver. After learning Atlanta was the highest bidder, Clippers Coach Mike Dunleavy told Cassell to give him a number to get the deal done, sources said.

Dunleavy received approval from Clippers owner Donald T. Sterling to increase the offer, and Cassell agreed to remain with the team he helped lead to new heights last season.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #2
jmonheim
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jmonheim has an OK reputation so far

as a fan of a team the bucks that gave TT a contract look for him to stop doing anything good now that he got paid hahaha
jmonheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:26 PM   #3
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

The Paper Clips drafted well but they went an signed Thomas to a four year deal. However, they look good for next year Diaz would have been a no.1 if he came out last year and Davis would have benn a lottery pick if he came out 2 years ago.

Cassell/Livingston/Ewing
Mobley/Ross/Diaz
Magette/Thomas
Brand
Kamen/Davis

is not a bad rotation, I might even go see one of those Monday night or Sunday afternoon games, (that is when the clipps play, right?)

The Clips have move past the galaxy on my list of teams that I don't pay any f..king attention to.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:06 PM   #4
Kandyman
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Kandyman has an OK reputation so far

Im not a real big fan of old timmy. Yes he did do well last year during the playoffs,he made some big shots but i dont know if he made any big stops on d. But does anyone not have a great year with steve nash. Ive seen reports shane battier was possibly going for fairly cheap(like 8th pick in draft). I love the way he plays and i personly think he would be a much better asset to the clippers. He's a team player, great on d, and overall much better than tim in all aspects except three's. I would love it if the grizz would take tim for shane.

Cant wait to see korolev get some minutes this year, and see shaun with a solid shot.

Last edited by Kandyman : 07-02-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:58 AM   #5
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Talking Devean George

theres rumors out there that the Clips are looking at Devean George too. I dono. He's a little old, but seems like a good fit.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #6
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Thumbs up Battier

Would have been a good acquistion but the Rockets acquired him for the rights to Rudy Gay in the draft from the Griz. Battier is a Dukie and I like his game
better than Vlad and Timmy especially on D. However, the loss of Vlad to the
Fakers doesnt hurt much with the Clips taking Timmy T from the Suns.
Timmy T is a bruiser who can shoot and is an upgrade over Vlad. The Clips
now have four bangers in EB, Kaveman, C Max, and Timmy T with another
tough guy in James Singleton coming off the bench. Teams will not mess with
the Clips.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #7
Pat Burke is GOD
I airball my layups

Pat Burke is GOD has an OK reputation so far

Tim is not going to do anything for you now that he's gotten paid. Bad deal, Baaaaaad deal, Alot of money for a lazy player with inconsistant contributions.
Pat Burke is GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:25 PM   #8
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Burke is GOD
Tim is not going to do anything for you now that he's gotten paid. Bad deal, Baaaaaad deal, Alot of money for a lazy player with inconsistant contributions.

thats why you suckers were chasing after him when the free agency starts? why are u going to others forum and writing bad about them dude are you crazy or something?
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:48 PM   #9
Pat Burke is GOD
I airball my layups

Pat Burke is GOD has an OK reputation so far

No not crazy. Phx were willing to re-sign Tim but were unwilling to pay the amount that you guys did. Why? They know his history and the type of guy he is. He has talent, he's had talent ever since he came into the league every team he has played for has said that about him, talent is not in question everything else is. Why was a talented guy like that on the bench all year in Chicago? I never really wanted the Suns to re-sign Tim (especially commit the kind of money you guys did to him). If he came cheap we would have taken him but he is true to form TT money hungery, plays well (puts effort) in contract years and takes a vacation on the rest and collects.
Pat Burke is GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:09 AM   #10
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Othella Harrington?

We should pick up Othella Harrington. He would fit well. Hes a free agent no one really wants so hed comne cheap and hes a veteran. Either him or Rasual Butler. he burned us in a HornetsClippers game last year!!
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:37 PM   #11
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Burke is GOD
No not crazy. Phx were willing to re-sign Tim but were unwilling to pay the amount that you guys did. Why? They know his history and the type of guy he is. He has talent, he's had talent ever since he came into the league every team he has played for has said that about him, talent is not in question everything else is. Why was a talented guy like that on the bench all year in Chicago? I never really wanted the Suns to re-sign Tim (especially commit the kind of money you guys did to him). If he came cheap we would have taken him but he is true to form TT money hungery, plays well (puts effort) in contract years and takes a vacation on the rest and collects.

I agree with him...bad deal...he saved us in a couple of games but he's not going to do well for you...sorry...radmanovic would have been good to keep...good luck with the Lakers....
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: