Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 09-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
MyLakers
I hit open 5-footers

MyLakers has an OK reputation so far
Default Laker fan expecting greatness from Rockets this season

Hello everyone, I'm new to the Rockets forum. But since NOTHING positive is going on in Laker land, I thought I come give props to a truly up and coming team. Other than the Celtics, the Rockets may have improved more than any other team, which is saying alot considering you were already good.

I my opinion, your team is ripe to make a run at the title. Adding Scola and Francis is big time; not to memetion the return of Bonzi playing under Rick Adleman (who I feel is the perfect coach for this team).

There is no doubt that Stevie Francis is not the same player he was when he left, but he is still no joke and can score in bunches. He can be used either as a stater or as scorer coming off the bench. A given the league inforcing the rule that prevents defenders from holding on the perimeter, he will be VERY difficult for opposing defenses to contain.

And many of you that haven't been watching the FIBA tourney really don't know just how good Scola is. He was MVP for the tournament! Remember, he was awarded MVP over everyone from the USA team. Good in post, has nice 12 footer, huslles, and likes to rebound and defend.

The re-emergence of Bonzi Wells coming off your bench to terrorize the opposing teams' second unit is HUGE. He has starting talent for nearly every team in the NBA, and he already knows Adleman's offense. Both he and Francis serve as insurance against TMac going down at some time during the season.

And lastly, other than Popavic, Rick Adleman might be the best coach the Rockets could possibly want. His offensive sets work great with the good passing bigs that you have.

So good luck, and I hope my Lakers won't have to face you until at least the 2nd round!
MyLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: