Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #31
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Sagat has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: A very hard IQ test for you

It's also very important you look at the source of the IQ test. Is the source credible? There are thousands of IQ tests out there; the key is finding ones on a large mass scale that seem to be accurate (such as this one - based on a study of more than 250,000 people).
Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #32
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

I decided to go ahead and give it another shot. Like some of the others, I wanted to see if I could elevate my score even higher.

I was pretty sure I'd do worse this time around, considering I would be unsure of which answers I had correct from the first test.

To my surprise, I went from 133 to 138. That may not seem like much at face value, but in the IQ world that's significant. Not quite Mensa level, but pretty damn close.

Typically on IQ tests, I score on average anywhere between 120 - 130. Maybe I'm just better pattern recognition (believed to be one of the best and most accurate calculators of one's IQ) as opposed to other methods of measuring one's Intelligence Quotient?

Old 09-19-2007, 01:18 PM   #33
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

138 is MENSA level.

MENSA level is actually not that high. you have to be in the 98th percentile to qualify for MENSA, and that means you only need an IQ of 131-133. it's very high, to be sure, but it's not overwhelmingly so, everyone probably knows a few to a dozen people who are in the range.

the reason MENSA's as small as it is would be because most people don't join a pointless club of people with high IQs.

I was actually planning to take the MENSA test at one point, so that if I made it I would be able to say I was in MENSA as a joke, and then be able to whip out my membership card. but I can't really imagine any other reason for joining. what do they do? sit around and be smart? sounds like a big circle jerk to me.

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQtable.aspx

of course I really don't think this thing is an accurate measure of IQ. simply because I know mine's above 120 because I took a real test as a kid to get into some program and passed. so it's not 107.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #34
Basketballer
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Basketballer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: a balls-ass hard IQ test for you

meh...118 here..had to guess the last 5

ps. Basketballers check out my LENSE :p
Basketballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #35
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Quote:
of course I really don't think this thing is an accurate measure of IQ. simply because I know mine's above 120 because I took a real test as a kid to get into some program and passed. so it's not 107

What's a real test? Who's the publisher of the test? This test involved data and studies from more than 250,000 individuals. Safe to say their scale is pretty accurate. No IQ test will ever be 100% accurate, but unless their claim is false, this test is credible.

You scored lower on this test, but have tested better on others. I have scored better on this test, but lower on others. Maybe I just got lucky with the ones I had to guess at, maybe not.

Getting a 107 shouldn’t give you the impression this test if inaccurate. More importantly, it shouldn’t make you feel you’re inferior. You (geeWiz) give me the impression you’re on a mission to separate yourself from others, on an intellect level.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #36
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
What's a real test? Who's the publisher of the test? This test involved data and studies from more than 250,000 individuals. Safe to say their scale is pretty accurate. No IQ test will ever be 100% accurate, but unless their claim is false, this test is credible.
a real IQ test administered by the school. if you scored above 120, had decent grades, a teacher rec, and a parental rec, you could go to another school and take accelerated learning classes. I scored above 120.

the number of individuals doesn't interest me. I'm simply saying that this isn't a complete measure of IQ but rather one part of it.

Quote:
You scored lower on this test, but have tested better on others. I have scored better on this test, but lower on others. Maybe I just got lucky with the ones I had to guess at, maybe not.
or maybe you're really good at the type of cognitive powers that this tests for. are you in engineering or architecture or science? if you're not, maybe you should be. likewise, there's a good reason I'm not engineering or architecture or science: I suck at it, especially compared to other things, and when you suck at things they aren't enjoyable.

Quote:
Getting a 107 shouldn’t give you the impression this test if inaccurate. More importantly, it shouldn’t make you feel you’re inferior. You (geeWiz) give me the impression you’re on a mission to separate yourself from others, on an intellect level.
I'm just a realistic person whose giving the honest truth. the honest truth is I've scored 130+ on every IQ test or indication I've ever taken, and I got 107 on this. the honest truth is that I suck at spatial reasoning and pattern recognition to the point where I can't find my way home driving from somewhere I've been less than 10 times. the honest truth is that spatial reasoning and pattern recognition aren't the full story.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #37
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Quote:
the honest truth is that I suck at spatial reasoning and pattern recognition to the point where I can't find my way home driving from somewhere I've been less than 10 times. the honest truth is that spatial reasoning and pattern recognition aren't the full story.

Sounds like a woman, blonde in particular.

(no offense)

:
Old 09-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #38
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
Sounds like a woman, blonde in particular.

(no offense)
none taken, I get that from my friends all the time.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #39
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation herebrantonli has an incredible reputation here

I got 105 and I was absolutely shocked. No I rarely did official IQ tests, but I'm in the top set for English (in England) and Maths, and I'm doing well in the sciences. I guess I'm just not good at these pictorial questions.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:08 PM   #40
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
I got 105 and I was absolutely shocked. No I rarely did official IQ tests, but I'm in the top set for English (in England) and Maths, and I'm doing well in the sciences. I guess I'm just not good at these pictorial questions.
"It's not the hand ya dealt it's how ya play ya cards"
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:10 PM   #41
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I clicked H for every one after 15 and got a 95.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:59 PM   #42
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation
Default Re: a balls-ass hard IQ test for you

107... i dont know how much this tells about how smart sum1 is
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: