Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 09-18-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation
Default Hornets already at work...

Some guys decided to come in early for voluntary training camp. Glad to see they're getting a jump start on what Scott said will be a tough training camp.

On opposite ends of the floor of the Alario Center on Monday, forward Cedric Simmons worked on post moves, while guard Jannero Pargo took jump shots.

Nearby, Tyson Chandler and Hilton Armstrong shot free throws. All four worked out for nearly four hours, doing many of the same drills that Hornets Coach Byron Scott puts the team through during the regular season.

But they weren't preparing for an opponent. Instead, they volunteered to get a jump on conditioning before training camp begins Oct. 2.

Since last week, the Hornets have had up to seven players participate in volunteer workouts, including point guard Chris Paul and swingman Morris Peterson.

"It's good for the atmosphere and for the culture of the team to have guys anxious to go to work," Hornets General Manager Jeff Bower said. "Given our situation this year, it makes a lot of sense for guys to be here early and get settled into their home environments as well."

Some players are practicing early to improve on weaknesses, while others show up because they know Scott plans to conduct a tough training camp and competition among backups at several positions is expected to be intense.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/inde...130.xml&coll=1

Paul regains quickness

It was obvious after the first few minutes during a pickup game involving some of his teammates Tuesday, that Chris Paul has regained his quickness since having a pin surgically inserted in his left foot in April.

Near the free throw line at the Alario Center, Paul spun so quickly that when Jannero Pargo tried to defend, Paul was already on his way to the basket for a layup.

"It's been a long summer with rehabilitation, but I think getting back here has got me feeling more confident," Paul said.

Paul began participating in volunteer workouts with his teammates last week.

"I get to see these guys on a daily basis, and I'm going to keep strengthening my foot. As far as playing, as soon as they told me I could walk on it, I've been shooting.''
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: