Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-18-2007, 08:52 PM   #16
AceVenturaPetDet
Local High School Star

AceVenturaPetDet has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bigboi_Baller>You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
He's from Pakistan if I'm not mistaken which could be considered Caucasian to some people.

I'm not familiar with Pakistan, how to u pronouce Pakistan? is it Fuu-ckees-toon?
AceVenturaPetDet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:57 PM   #17
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceVenturaPetDet
I'm not familiar with Pakistan, how to u pronouce Pakistan? is it Fuu-ckees-toon?

No it's pronounced the:
7-11employee-thatcallsyourmom-3o'clockinthemorning-forabootycall.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #18
Out Of Shape
Banned

Out Of Shape has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

You know the country that Barack Obama threatened to invade if he's elected president.
Out Of Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:26 PM   #19
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Bigboi, how did your fasting go?
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:38 PM   #20
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
haha i tried that **** on sunday went very hard but was a good experiance
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:14 PM   #21
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
haha i tried that **** on sunday went very hard but was a good experiance
Nice to hear that. More power to you

Keep trying it man, push yourself and test your limits.

Step out of your comfort zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
How's your fasting going?

Some questions:

1) You ever wish the Muslim community would do more to raise public awareness?

2) 1-10 how religious are you?
Mashallah (Thanks to God), fasting is going fine.

1. I think the muslim community is slowly taking the steps in the right direction; however, the first step needs to be in the homelands of many muslims were corruption and war cause the world to have a negative perception of many muslims.

Here in the US, I think the muslim population is still young but doing ok. Most muslim families (excluding Elijah Muhammad's Nation of Islam) are still 1st or 2nd generation Americans. As these kids grow up and they have children who are have grown up in American environment and have to cope with the conflict between their muslim identity and the American culture and values, they will slowly organize which will help spread public awareness.

At the moment, it utterly disgusts me how a score of high jackers so easily hijacked America's perception of muslims in America; God willing, the American Muslim population will become larger and hopefully more organized to prevent and uniformly condemn such actions on behalf of the name of Islam.

2. I guess the easy answer is: I'm not religious enough. I try to pray daily, but you know how it is with school, social life, and everything else. I usually read 2 or 3 prayers a day, but I've been reading 4-5 daily during Ramadan mashallah. I go to the mosque atleast once a week, I used to go to sunday school till I was 13.

I guess, I'm fairly religious but still not religious enough. I guess religion is more about the journey than the destination and you can always do better by staying closer to the prescribed path.

Quote:
are u a midget Mormon?
No, I don't think so. Are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
bigboi...you are an idiot. You're ****ing asian. Oriental=Asian but Asian doesnt always equal Oriental.
There's a lot of people who would disagree with you. A lot of people (especially in Asia), consider India/Pakistan/Neighboring Countries to be part of the "Indian Continent."

I've been told that I should consider myself a lot of other things. Quite bluntly, In America, Asian means you have slanted eyes. Thats just the truth. On the other hand, in England, Asian means brown skin so Pakistani or Indian.

So, I wouldn't consider myself Asian because in America thats not what Asian means.

I've been told I should be called African since the Middle East (that people group Pakistan into for some reason) is an extension of Egypt and Africa according to some.

Others say that Arabs are Caucasian and since Pakistan is considered as an extension of the Arab world, I would be considered Caucasian.

Sometimes, I wish they would just give a box saying brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
They are going good. The days seem so long though, so much sun light. There isn't day light savings to look forward to either.

I just got back from basketball practice, hella tiring. As soon as I get back from school, I feel tired as hell man but there's homework and basketball practice to get to before iftar time.

But thank God, I've been getting through them. Just 3 more weeks to go!

When did you guys start? Our local mosque started on Friday.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:22 PM   #22
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

bigboi_baller,

how old are you?
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:22 PM   #23
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

he is of the teenage years
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #24
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
he is of the teenage years
Are guessing that based on how I post or on me telling you?
Old 09-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #25
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Are guessing that based on how I post or on me telling you?

Considering you are studying for SATs and looking at colleges, I can be pretty sure you are of the teenage years
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:28 PM   #26
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Considering you are studying for SATs and looking at colleges, I can be pretty sure you are of the teenage years
True. I'm 16, going on 17 soon.

High school senior.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:59 PM   #27
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

You started bball alreadY!? wtf what about football or soccer?!?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:04 AM   #28
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
You started bball alreadY!? wtf what about football or soccer?!?
I play in leagues year round.

I played with a team of guys and against guys who are mostly high school Varisty or JV players. I don't play for my school, because my school's team is really good... like nationally ranked good.

Actually, we are in the middle of a champion tournaments right now. We placed 2nd in our league and got invited to a tourney of mostly league champs, its gonna be hard.

And I found out I made made league all stars today.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:20 AM   #29
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
I play in leagues year round.

I played with a team of guys and against guys who are mostly high school Varisty or JV players. I don't play for my school, because my school's team is really good... like nationally ranked good.

Actually, we are in the middle of a champion tournaments right now. We placed 2nd in our league and got invited to a tourney of mostly league champs, its gonna be hard.

And I found out I made made league all stars today.
You're talking like 6'8 black guy good?

That's sick. tho I play all the ball I can which is basically just for my old school and the house league that I'm not supposed to be in (not supposed to play for a school). Also all the pickup ball I can, but that goes without mentioning.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:42 AM   #30
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
They are going good. The days seem so long though, so much sun light. There isn't day light savings to look forward to either.

I just got back from basketball practice, hella tiring. As soon as I get back from school, I feel tired as hell man but there's homework and basketball practice to get to before iftar time.

But thank God, I've been getting through them. Just 3 more weeks to go!

When did you guys start? Our local mosque started on Friday.

Yeah I also started Friday, but I haven't gone to a mosque. Don't really know if that's bad or not, but I will probably end up going at the end of the fasting.

The thing is we Albanians aren't really that religious, so I really don't know too much about Islam. Don't eat pork, don't drink, gamble, and fast, that's basically what we do. I remeber reading this book on Islam by some Muslim scholar from Harvard and he did a lousy job with it and made me question the religion. So I'm going to try to read the Koran itself or some other books on Isalm.

And to make matters worst is that the closest Mosque is about half hour from I live, not to mention the Albanian mosque that's a hour away.

And more power to you for sticking it out with sports. The worst thing about the whole fasting is not drinking water and if I were to be doing physical activities I don't know if I could hold out. All I have is school and work, which help divert my hunger.

And btw, once it's time to eat, bread never tasted better and water never tasted as refreshing.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: