Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-19-2007, 06:53 PM   #31
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default Re: Bigboi_Baller>You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Yeah I also started Friday, but I haven't gone to a mosque. Don't really know if that's bad or not, but I will probably end up going at the end of the fasting.

The thing is we Albanians aren't really that religious, so I really don't know too much about Islam. Don't eat pork, don't drink, gamble, and fast, that's basically what we do. I remeber reading this book on Islam by some Muslim scholar from Harvard and he did a lousy job with it and made me question the religion. So I'm going to try to read the Koran itself or some other books on Islam
It seems like almost everyone started on Thursday though...

I basically don't do those things and try to pray daily, I mean how much more is there? A lot of it is just acting a certain way on a daily basis like your outlook on life and what not.

I agree, most of the scholars are horrible. They are boring and have no clue how to connect with anyone who isn't a scholar.

I've been thinking about reading it myself for years, hopefully, with the help of Allah, I'll finally get around to doing it.

Quote:
And to make matters worst is that the closest Mosque is about half hour from I live, not to mention the Albanian mosque that's a hour away .
I really don't like the "ethnic" mosque system we have here in America. Like there are "Pakistani mosques" and "Arab mosques" and so on.

I think as the next generation begans to grow up (the American generation) who all understand English, we will began to unit inshallah. With all the khutba's (homilies) and other speeches given in a uniform langauge (English), so that we can all unite as one ummah.

Quote:
bread never tasted better and water never tasted as refreshing.
Truer words have never been spoken. I usually open by eating a date followed by a nice home made milkshake. Nothing like cold, sugary, melted ice cream going down your system.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: