Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-18-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Will the Red Sox choke the AL East?

the Yankees game is not done yet but at 12-0... I think it is.

anyway, it seems Gagne helped blow another slim Boston lead to drop the Red Sox 2 1/2 in front of the Yankees

since the Yankees are only two back in the loss column, if the Yankees take care of business and win the extra game they have to, then the Yanks are essentially two games behind the Sox.

rest of schedule:

at home versus Orioles x 1

at home versus Blue Jays x 4

@Devil Rays x 3

@ Orioles x 3

can't predict the rotations too far down the line, but it could be agiven that the Devil Rays and Oriole have packed it in for the year.

as for the Blue Jays, I'm sure the ywould want to finish the season above .500 to feel good about themselves, but with the top of their rotation being used against Boston, the Yankees should be able to see the bottom of the Blue Jay rotation for 2 or 3 of the games at the Stadium.

Red Sox:

@Blue Jays x 1
@Devil Rays x 3
vs As x 2
vs Twins x 4

while also not a killer schedule, the Red Sox do have it slightly harder than the Yankees.

so what do you think? will the Red Sox choke?

since Yankees hold the tiebreaker, Red Sox have essentially only a 1 1/2 game lead
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Will the Red Sox choke the AL East?

2 1/2 now with the Yanks win. Honestly, if Boston can't take 2 out of 3 from Tampa Bay, they don't deserve the division. Either way, the Red Sox aren't making the World Series.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:27 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
2 1/2 now with the Yanks win. Honestly, if Boston can't take 2 out of 3 from Tampa Bay, they don't deserve the division. Either way, the Red Sox aren't making the World Series.

Red Sox or Yankees, you mean?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Red Sox or Yankees, you mean?

Both. Neither team will beat the Angels. If a miracle happens and the Angels lose in the ALDS, the Yankees will go. They'll destroy Cleveland's pitching staff and they're in Boston's heads already.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:32 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Angel's base running small ball type of play and very effective starting pitching has always given the Yankees fits, and I could see them possibly taking the Yankees to 5 and winning again.

not sure about angels vs red sox mainly because i have never watched their matchup before. but with all of hte nagging injuries to the Boston lineup and a tired pitching staff (the Japanese guys mostly), it's not surprising
Old 09-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #6
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Angel's base running small ball type of play and very effective starting pitching has always given the Yankees fits, and I could see them possibly taking the Yankees to 5 and winning again.

not sure about angels vs red sox mainly because i have never watched their matchup before. but with all of hte nagging injuries to the Boston lineup and a tired pitching staff (the Japanese guys mostly), it's not surprising

Here is how the Red Sox did against the Angels this year:

4/13- 10-1 BOS
4/14- 8-0 BOS
4/16- 7-2 BOS
8/6- 4-2 LAA
8/7- 10-4 LAA
8/8- 9-6 BOS
8/17- 8-4 BOS
7-5 LAA
8/18- 10-5 BOS
8/19- 3-1 LAA

The Red Sox are 6-4 against the Angels, but Manny Ramirez was healthy and played in each game. That's not the case now.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #7
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

this thread just jinx them. thx a lot.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:51 PM   #8
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjswifty
this thread just jinx them. thx a lot.

only fans without any faith in their own team believe in jinxes
Old 09-18-2007, 10:51 PM   #9
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
only fans without any faith in their own team believe in jinxes

Boston did until 3 years ago.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:58 PM   #10
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i think boston will hold on to the lead yankees will win world series though
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:59 PM   #11
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Its killing me to be a Blue Jays fan. They have been a solid or good team lately but it doesn't matter when you have 2 juggernauts in your division. This year they have one of the best pitching staffs in the entire league and their offense completely craps out. It doesn't help that the team is poorly coached and for the most part, poorly managed.

All that said, I hope the Yankees win the division. Seeing Boston choke it away would amuse me greatly. I do hope both teams lose in the playoffs though.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:16 AM   #12
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Angels have the type of hitters who will work the count and drive the Yankee starters out of the game by the 5th/6th inning due to exhaustion. The Yankees still don't have a reliable bridge to get to Rivera in the 9th. I know Joba Chamberlain has been pitching well, but in addition to being inexperienced, he's a highly emotional guy. I wonder how the pressure of the playoffs would effect him? Their other bullpen guys--Farnsworth, Vizcaino, Villone, etc just aren't reliable enough. Also, the NYY have a suspect defense and that's the kind of factor that can do teams in when the going gets tough...............
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:24 AM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
The Angels have the type of hitters who will work the count and drive the Yankee starters out of the game by the 5th/6th inning due to exhaustion. The Yankees still don't have a reliable bridge to get to Rivera in the 9th. I know Joba Chamberlain has been pitching well, but in addition to being inexperienced, he's a highly emotional guy. I wonder how the pressure of the playoffs would effect him? Their other bullpen guys--Farnsworth, Vizcaino, Villone, etc just aren't reliable enough. Also, the NYY have a suspect defense and that's the kind of factor that can do teams in when the going gets tough...............

As for the current division race, I will have no pity for the Red Sox if they blow it. I do hate the Yankees and make it well known on here, but I have put that aside as I see the teams around them crumbling like a bunch of choking dogs......
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:40 AM   #14
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Its killing me to be a Blue Jays fan. They have been a solid or good team lately but it doesn't matter when you have 2 juggernauts in your division. This year they have one of the best pitching staffs in the entire league and their offense completely craps out. It doesn't help that the team is poorly coached and for the most part, poorly managed.

All that said, I hope the Yankees win the division. Seeing Boston choke it away would amuse me greatly. I do hope both teams lose in the playoffs though.

h8r

Sox wont blow it, but I dont feel very good about this Boston team. Their bullpen is letting them down, and that was the best part of their team all year.

They need to hit the ball better, playoffs will be interesting, lets not forget last year the Cards limped into the palyoffs and ended up winning it all.

A whole new season in ten games time.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #15
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Boogaloo has decent reputationBoogaloo has decent reputation

The Jays may suck this year. DAMMMN U VERNON WELLS!!!! But they will have a big say on who wins the East.
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: