Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #16
HardTattooedThug
Serious playground baller

HardTattooedThug has decent reputation
Default Re: Tyrus Thomas or Gerald Green

Thomas easily. If bball kept plus/minus stats, I'd bet they would reflect the Bulls were better when Ty was on the floor, and the Celtics were worse when Green was in the game.
HardTattooedThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #17
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Thomas over Green, 10 to 9.

Edit: Had to change that 8 to a 9.. forgot Green is only missing one finger.

Last edited by JalenRawley : 09-20-2007 at 05:46 PM.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #18
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Thomas easily. If bball kept plus/minus stats, I'd bet they would reflect the Bulls were better when Ty was on the floor, and the Celtics were worse when Green was in the game.

They are kept. Thomas is +3 and Green is -4.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:20 PM   #19
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
They are kept. Thomas is +3 and Green is -4.
where did you find that so quickly and how far back does it go?
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #20
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
where did you find that so quickly and how far back does it go?

Need them for a Kobe v Jordan thesis?
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:45 PM   #21
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
Need them for a Kobe v Jordan thesis?
you've got me mixed up with someone who doesn't like kobe. i just dislike the lakers generally. i'm one of the jordan fans who is neither threatened nor offended by kobe-hype (until people start actively disparaging my favorite players, i don't care about the comparisons).

i'm actually interested in what larry bird meant to boston in the early 90s.

side-note on + / - in general though. i remember once seeing in a particular game that the bulls had a better point differential with scottie in than with michael in, but mike fratello broke it down showing how scottie was playing with bj, pax, grant and cartwright, while mike's second team was bj, levingston, scott williams, and purdue. i don't know if those rotations were normal or if the numbers held up over a season, but since then i haven't put a ton of stock into + / - because of the factors that we don't see in the numbers. it probably means even less when talking about guys like green who play off the bench without set rotations.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:26 PM   #22
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Green. His jumper is unstoppable.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:29 PM   #23
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Green. He has athletic prowess, a solid jumpshot, and is pretty versatile for his height. Reminds me of Mcgrady. He can be a star in Minnesota. Thomas on the other hand is a force, but i think of him as a poor man's shawn marion.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #24
Kobe Bean Bryant
I airball my layups

Kobe Bean Bryant has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
Green. He has athletic prowess, a solid jumpshot, and is pretty versatile for his height. Reminds me of Mcgrady. He can be a star in Minnesota. Thomas on the other hand is a force, but i think of him as a poor man's shawn marion.
I 100% agree
Kobe Bean Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #25
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

82games.com keeps plus/minus stats but they only go back to like 04. Maybe even 05.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:15 PM   #26
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Gerald Green needs to develop his jumper some more obviously. He can finish on the break good, but his half court game isn't at a high level yet. Tyrus is still a little raw offensively but really showed he can make big time impacts on the game on both sides of the year. He can dunk as ferociously as Green can dunk with finesse. I really think he can produce a better than average offensive game in a year or two.
You can't honestly compare Tyrus Thomas' offensive game, which is dunking, to Gerald Green's, who has a good jumper and can take it to the rim a bit. Seriously, the better offensive player at this point is no contest, and there's no basis for you saying he'll be better in a year or two. You've given so evidence to back that up.

That said, I take Thomas, as well.

Quote:
Another woeful point. One guy played on the team with the second worst record in the league that was missing 2 of its best 3 players for most of the year. Terrible. Do you people think before you post? Ever?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:34 PM   #27
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Tyrus Thomas or Gerald Green

If you have ever seen Tyrus play, you can't help but get excited about what he will become. He's only 21, and already makes a huge impact whenever he is on the floor. Granted, he can't stay there for more than 15 minutes/game, but that will come with experience.

I can't make an unbiased decision here, because I have never seen Gerald Green play for an extended period of time, but Tyrus has been working on his jumper, and was hitting it fairly consistently from about 15 feet during the summer leagues. If he can continue to improve that, there will be no question as to who is the better player.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 PM   #28
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Thomas seems to be to defense what Green is to offense. Both have shown something in those areas but are still relatively raw, with high perceived potential for improvement.

I'd have to see a little more of Green to get a solid opinion, though. Shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks of the season for me to have a good impression of him.

My gut says Thomas, though.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:02 PM   #29
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Too deep of a roster for him to manage to do that.
thats wat they said about david lee.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:21 PM   #30
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Who said that?

Who do the Knicks have? Jerome James? Fat Curry who can't rebound unless the ball hits him in the face? Soft serve Frye? No. Outside of Lee there was nobody on the roster over 8 a game.

Terrible post.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: