Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #46
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tyrus Thomas or Gerald Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Tyrus Thomas doesn't have all star potential..Green does.

I don't know about that, I have a feeling Thomas will really develop in the next two seasons. He will surprise people, just watch.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:50 AM   #47
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
I don't know about that, I have a feeling Thomas will really develop in the next two seasons. He will surprise people, just watch.

I explained in the previous post why I don't think he will be great. He is too small to be a PF and not skilled enough to be a SF. He did have some explosive nights but I'd be shocked if he could do it on a consistent basis.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #48
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Since when is being 6'9 with amazing hops where your head is at the top of the backboard square, being to small to be a PF? Ben Wallace is a 6'9 center! Check Tyrus' rebounds/minutes ratio sometime. Check his blocks/minutes ratio too. The Bulls were 25-5 when Tyrus logged 15 or more minutes last season. That undersized PF bs has got to go. VCMVP, you gotta back your argument that he is "too undersized" for PF. If/When Tyrus begins to get a lot of minutes, he's going to be very good if not great. The one time all last season Tyrus played 30+ minutes (played 39), against Cleveland in a 108-112 loss, he had 27 pts, 8 rebs, 3 steals, and 3 blocks. He also went 9-11 from the field and 9-10 from the line. His next two most minutes played gameas were 29 and 27 minutes played. In the 29 minutes played he had 23 and 9 and in the 27 minutes played he had 13 and 10 with a steal and a block. In the playoff games against Detroit in the eastern conference semi's, Tyrus only logged 20+ minutes twice in 6 games. In 22 minutes played in game 2, he 18 points 4 rebs, 3 steals and a block. In 21 minutes played in a game 5 win, he had 10 points, 6 rebs, and 5 steals with a block. He is capable of filling the statsheet in a small amount of minutes. In game 4 of the Detroit series he had 10 and 7 with a block in 14 minutes. He had good games and bad games in his rookie season, but the good games he had displayed what kind of player he's gonna be. Should get extended PT in crunch time opportunities this year.

Gerald Green 2006-07 Stats Tyrus Thomas 06-07 Stats

PPG 10.4 PPG 5.2
RPG 2.6 RPG 3.7
APG 0.6 APG 1.0 SPG 0.6
SPG 0.5 BPG 1.1
BPG 0.3 FG% 0.475
FG% 0.419 FT% 0.606
FT% 0.805 3P% 0.000
3P% 0.368 MPG 13.4
MPG 22.0

Gerald Green who is an offensive player averages only 5 pts more than Thomas in 9 extra minutes, and he has a year extra of NBA experience. Thomas averages a rebound more in 9 less minutes. Green averages 1.0 assists in 22 mpg, that is just horrible. If Tyrus played 22 minutes his .6 apg would jump to atleast 1 to 2. Thomas already averages a block in 13 minutes, so if he plays 26 minutes he will have atleast 2, and if he plays 30 + you know you getting 3 + blocks more than not. Reguardless of Green shooting from the perimeter, Thomas has a better fg%, but Green shoots it 20% better from the line. All i'm sayin is I can't wait to compare these 2 players when they both have more consistent minutes, especially Thomas, and see who is better then. The early signs point to Tyrus like i just explained above.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #49
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
RealMenWearGreen

You didn't take it down yourself??? Get it put back up you lil b i t c h.

312 DPC

They talk **** in the NBA, why can't **** be talked here. Realmenweargreen had things bleeped out in his post. He obviously used offensive language and took shots at me. I am the only one who get's blamed. This is BS. A mod can talk **** to me but i can't say anything back. I'm cool, i'm a mod for a basketball message board. Gotta have a lot of free time to be a "mod". Loser
Exactly what did I say to you that was offensive? Point it out, please. It's true that when one points out a dumb post it reflects poorly on it's source, but that simply can't be avoided. So unless you have a real point to make (and you don't) cut the nonsense and just focus on making stupid posts about the Bulls.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:53 AM   #50
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Since when is being 6'9 with amazing hops where your head is at the top of the backboard square, being to small to be a PF? Ben Wallace is a 6'9 center! Check Tyrus' rebounds/minutes ratio sometime. Check his blocks/minutes ratio too. The Bulls were 25-5 when Tyrus logged 15 or more minutes last season. That undersized PF bs has got to go. VCMVP, you gotta back your argument that he is "too undersized" for PF. If/When Tyrus begins to get a lot of minutes, he's going to be very good if not great. The one time all last season Tyrus played 30+ minutes (played 39), against Cleveland in a 108-112 loss, he had 27 pts, 8 rebs, 3 steals, and 3 blocks. He also went 9-11 from the field and 9-10 from the line. His next two most minutes played gameas were 29 and 27 minutes played. In the 29 minutes played he had 23 and 9 and in the 27 minutes played he had 13 and 10 with a steal and a block. In the playoff games against Detroit in the eastern conference semi's, Tyrus only logged 20+ minutes twice in 6 games. In 22 minutes played in game 2, he 18 points 4 rebs, 3 steals and a block. In 21 minutes played in a game 5 win, he had 10 points, 6 rebs, and 5 steals with a block. He is capable of filling the statsheet in a small amount of minutes. In game 4 of the Detroit series he had 10 and 7 with a block in 14 minutes. He had good games and bad games in his rookie season, but the good games he had displayed what kind of player he's gonna be. Should get extended PT in crunch time opportunities this year.

Gerald Green 2006-07 Stats Tyrus Thomas 06-07 Stats

PPG 10.4 PPG 5.2
RPG 2.6 RPG 3.7
APG 0.6 APG 1.0 SPG 0.6
SPG 0.5 BPG 1.1
BPG 0.3 FG% 0.475
FG% 0.419 FT% 0.606
FT% 0.805 3P% 0.000
3P% 0.368 MPG 13.4
MPG 22.0

Gerald Green who is an offensive player averages only 5 pts more than Thomas in 9 extra minutes, and he has a year extra of NBA experience. Thomas averages a rebound more in 9 less minutes. Green averages 1.0 assists in 22 mpg, that is just horrible. If Tyrus played 22 minutes his .6 apg would jump to atleast 1 to 2. Thomas already averages a block in 13 minutes, so if he plays 26 minutes he will have atleast 2, and if he plays 30 + you know you getting 3 + blocks more than not. Reguardless of Green shooting from the perimeter, Thomas has a better fg%, but Green shoots it 20% better from the line. All i'm sayin is I can't wait to compare these 2 players when they both have more consistent minutes, especially Thomas, and see who is better then. The early signs point to Tyrus like i just explained above.

Great responce, I don't see how anyone can argue with that. The thing Thomas really needs this season is more minutes, if he can be so productive with limited minutes imagine what he could do with more playing time. Oh and it's to early to say that Thomas doesn't have what it takes to be an all star in the future there aren't good enough evidence to back that up, plus what he showed us last year is barely a preview of what we'll be seeing of him in the coming years. Tyrus deserves more credit.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #51
delmar
I airball my layups

delmar has an OK reputation so far

Thomas!!!Thomas!!!
delmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #52
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

Gerald Green.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:36 AM   #53
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Thanks for the props Crazystyle. Looks like no one responded like you were saying. WINNER IS... TYRUS THOMAS for now atleast...
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: