Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-21-2007, 11:37 PM   #46
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Trades That Will Make The Los Angeles Lakers Better Than They Are Now!!! Trust Me!!!

The only one that makes even a little sense is the Ron Artest trade.

Lamar Odom for Rasheed Wallace? AND some crappy players?? Are on crack?

Tyronne Lue and Zasa Pachulia are not worth it.

Stephen Jackson or Andris Beidrins are each individally worth more to the Warriors than Kwame and Turiaf together.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:07 AM   #47
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Trades That Will Make The Los Angeles Lakers Better Than They Are Now!!! Trust Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Turiaf is a nice hustle player but he can't play the center position undersized as he is. If he can't even beat out Kwame for the starting center spot in LA then you just KNOW that you have jizz coming out of your ears.

I respectfully disagree with you. Ronny Turiaf is not undersized for the Golden State Warriors Hustle and Flow (I think Kenny Smith coined the term Hustle and Flow) offense. Furthermore, the Los Angeles Lakers dealt with a lot of injuries last season so everybody's position was out of whack and many people were playing positions and logging minutes that they weren't used to, I'm not making excuses, it's just the truth.

Ronny Turiaf mostly played Power Forward and some Center when needed.

I believe Ronny Turiaf can thrive in the Golden State Warriors offense. He brings the energy and hustle that fits the Golden State Warriors identity.

This trade is almost equal for all parties.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:14 AM   #48
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Default Re: Trades That Will Make The Los Angeles Lakers Better Than They Are Now!!! Trust Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
The only one that makes even a little sense is the Ron Artest trade.

Lamar Odom for Rasheed Wallace? AND some crappy players?? Are on crack?

Tyronne Lue and Zasa Pachulia are not worth it.

Stephen Jackson or Andris Beidrins are each individally worth more to the Warriors than Kwame and Turiaf together.

Rasheed Wallace would be the perfect Triangle Offense player. He's consistent. Crappy players??? Sammy Mejia is a nice 6'7" point guard. He could play shooting guard as well. Cheikh Samb is a nice Center for Kareem Abdul Jabbar to work with.

Tyronn Lue has Triangle Offense experience and his defense and his hustle would be greatly beneficial to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Zaza Pachulia is also a nice defender to have so I don't know how the Los Angeles Lakers lose in this trade??? Both teams would be benefiting from the trade.

What message did the Golden State Warriors send when they traded away Jason Richardson who was an integral member of the Golden State Warriors??? They are trying to get under the cap. Kwame Brown can provide a big body for them and Ronny Turiaf is a nice hustle player and also they are both expiring contracts. They get a draft pick in the deal.

I think it's fair for both sides.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:20 AM   #49
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation
Default Re: Trades That Will Make The Los Angeles Lakers Better Than They Are Now!!! Trust Me!!!

No one thinks these trades are feasible except you.

It should tell you something.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:33 AM   #50
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run&Gun=Fun
No one thinks these trades are feasible except you.

It should tell you something.

What is it supposed to tell me??? Please let me know.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:36 AM   #51
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
What is it supposed to tell me??? Please let me know.

That your trade proposals can and will not happen unless several Gm's attend a crack party.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:17 AM   #52
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run&Gun=Fun
That your trade proposals can and will not happen unless several Gm's attend a crack party.

You're not thinking with an open mind, if you did, you would find out that these trades are nice for all sides.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:37 AM   #53
Pharoh
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Pharoh has an OK reputation so far

These trades are garbage. So Lakers are supposed to give up Bynum for those players when they have refused to part with him for Kidd?

Lue has triangle experience? Go ahead, trade a player who is basically demanded by every team Lakers talk with for a backup PG because he has triangle experience.

If Sacramento was going to trade Artest to LA for Kwame and others, it would have happened already. Golden State will not part with Biederins that easily either.
Pharoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:48 PM   #54
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
These trades are garbage. So Lakers are supposed to give up Bynum for those players when they have refused to part with him for Kidd?

Listen. The Los Angeles Lakers already made a mistake with taking on Brian Grant's contract. Brian Grant was injury prone and the Los Angeles Lakers had to waive him to clear roster space, but they still assumed his salary for a couple of seasons making it hard to sign anybody of significance because his salary was still on the books making it hard to sign somebody significant.

Jason Kidd is old and injury prone. What if he was injured and the Los Angeles Lakers had to waive him just like Brian Grant and still had to assume his contract making it hard for the Los Angeles Lakers to sign anybody because his contract would tie up the salary cap making it hard to sign anybody.

It's easily understandable why the Los Angeles Lakers are cautious in regards to trading for Jermaine O'Neal and Jason Kidd because of their injury history and also not to mention the Los Angeles Lakers history of picking up players who end up injury prone (ie: Brian Grant, Vladimir Radmanovic), so it's understandable why the Los Angeles Lakers would be cautious.

Quote:
Lue has triangle experience? Go ahead, trade a player who is basically demanded by every team Lakers talk with for a backup PG because he has triangle experience.

You're not only trading away Andrew Bynum and Tyronn Lue is not the only person in the trade.

The problem is that most people are looking at the individual players involved rather than the trade as a whole.

You've got to look at the trade as a whole. The Los Angeles Lakers are not only giving up Andrew Bynum and Maurice Evans in that trade, but at the same time, they're getting rid of Brian Cook and Sasha Vujacic and are gaining Tyronn Lue and Zaza Pachulia.

Quote:
If Sacramento was going to trade Artest to LA for Kwame and others, it would have happened already.

Times change, maybe attitudes and views change over time, maybe the Sacramento Kings will do this trade with the new players and draft pick involved??? You never know.

Quote:
Golden State will not part with Biederins that easily either.

The same thing could have been said about Jason Richardson, but they traded him. Ronny Turiaf would be a nice addition. He could even be an upgrade.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #55
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

not sure how you justify not taking kidd or JO because they are older and injury prone but willing to take on a time bomb in artest? of the three he's the one i would trust the least to make it through a season without something happening...at least with kidd and JO you're limited to injuries taking them out of the game, artest has had back problems and is a fruitcake to boot....
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #56
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
not sure how you justify not taking kidd or JO because they are older and injury prone but willing to take on a time bomb in artest? of the three he's the one i would trust the least to make it through a season without something happening...at least with kidd and JO you're limited to injuries taking them out of the game, artest has had back problems and is a fruitcake to boot....

Thanks for the post gts.

Ron Artest is willing to take on because he has entertainment value as well as being one of the best players in his position. Most teams shy away from Ron Artest because of his attitude and antics, but the Los Angeles Lakers have to take that risk. If Ron Artest misbehaves, he can be traded and you won't only trade him, but his contract as well.

On the other hand, if you bring in an injury prone Jermaine O'Neal and/or Jason Kidd and they get injured and they waived because they can't contribute and take roster space like Brian Grant did, they won't be able to get traded, they'd get waived to clear roster space, but they can't waive their contract. Their contract is still on the books.

A player can change his attitude and can be traded (with his contract) if need be. However, if a player is injured, and it is determined that he needs to be waived because his injury wouldn't allow him back for a long period of time to make room on the roster, then the player is waived, but the contract is still on the books until it expires.

Ask the Philadelphia 76ers fans or management how they feel about still paying Aaron McKie's $7,000,000 salary for the 2007-2008 season making it harder for them to sign anybody significant (They can still use the Mid-Level Exception, Low-Level Exception, and/or Veteran's Minimun, but still key free agents want a lot of money).

Ask the New York Knicks fans or management how they felt still having Allan Houston's almost $20,000,000 salary on the books last season or a couple of seasons ago when he wasn't even on the roster.

Brian Grant's nearly $15,000,000 salary a few seasons ago was the reason why the Los Angeles Lakers couldn't sign anybody significant because his contract was still on the books making it hard to sign anybody. (They can still use the Mid-Level Exception, Low-Level Exception, and/or Veteran's Minimun, but still key free agents want a lot of money).

Ask the Dallas Mavericks fans or management how they feel still assuming Shawn Bradley's $5,200,000 salary for the 2007-2008 season. His contract is still on the books (making it harder to sign somebody significant) but he's off the roster. (They can still use the Mid-Level Exception, Low-Level Exception, and/or Veteran's Minimun, but still key free agents want a lot of money).

When talking about Jermaine O'Neal and/or Jason Kidd, you need to take their health into serious consideration.

I'd rather take Ron Artest than Jermaine O'Neal and/or Jason Kidd right now if all the other trades I proposed would go through.

Last edited by LakerRaider : 09-23-2007 at 09:21 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: