Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 09:22 PM   #31
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

Default Re: The perfect team for AK - The Knicks

Actually the perfect team for AK is the Warriors, but they dont have the pieces the Jazz want nor do the Knicks or Sonics.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #32
yobore
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
Actually the perfect team for AK is the Warriors, but they dont have the pieces the Jazz want nor do the Knicks or Sonics.
Nor does anybody.

on the one hand, Jazz fans hate AK think he has no work ethic and is a whining cancer, yet on the other hand they expect other teams to give great value in return.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:37 PM   #33
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore
Nor does anybody.

on the one hand, Jazz fans hate AK think he has no work ethic and is a whining cancer, yet on the other hand they expect other teams to give great value in return.

I dont think thats really true, i for one dont hate AK, i understand where hes comming from, we would love for AK to get this mess fixed and have him back with the Jazz, we are looking for so much because we know AK can explode the stat sheet again. He's such a unique player, if it was up to me the Jazz keep him throughout this year at least. Really Ak should be able to get more touches with Fish gone, I dont know think he gets traded, I really do think he will be with us opening game against the rockets.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #34
Doctor K
Avengers Assemble!

The Russia Team
Doctor K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:09 PM   #35
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Q-Rich got all those shots because he was one of the few players on the team that could hit the mid-range/3 shot. Kirlenko shot is really inconsistent, however, I wouldn't be opposed to see him on the knicks.

For starters, he would produce bigger numbers then what David Lee did last year. He could do what Lee does and then some. He's a much better fit at the 3 then Lee and he has much more skills. He's able to block shots, play better defense and his jumper is better then Lee's.

And we do have some expirers we could throw at them, not to mention some young pieces (Balkman, Lee, Collins or Chandler.)
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:24 PM   #36
snipes12
Dirk Madness

bring him to portland !! trade for future round picks webster and miles

Oden
Aldridge
AK
Roy
Jack

Last edited by snipes12 : 09-22-2007 at 11:32 PM.
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:40 PM   #37
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Q-Rich got all those shots because he was one of the few players on the team that could hit the mid-range/3 shot. Kirlenko shot is really inconsistent, however, I wouldn't be opposed to see him on the knicks.

For starters, he would produce bigger numbers then what David Lee did last year. He could do what Lee does and then some. He's a much better fit at the 3 then Lee and he has much more skills. He's able to block shots, play better defense and his jumper is better then Lee's.

And we do have some expirers we could throw at them, not to mention some young pieces (Balkman, Lee, Collins or Chandler.)
Utah is not going for scrubs ...they dnt care if they get the world of expirings ...they are not going to flood their roster with morons and scrubs...just to say well "to trade AK"
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:56 PM   #38
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
Utah is not going for scrubs ...they dnt care if they get the world of expirings ...they are not going to flood their roster with morons and scrubs...just to say well "to trade AK"

He's making what, 12 million a year and his contract is worth 60 milllion dollars and he didn't even score more then 10 points this past season. Not to mention he has ripped his head coach and the organization and has made threats to play elsewhere.

Look what Toronto got for VC. Nuggets got for AI. Etc. And he's not even on VC or AI's level.

IMO, some expirers and a few young players doesn't seem that bad considering the alternatives.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:14 AM   #39
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Am I the only one (outside of Knicks fans) that thinks Balkman + expiring contracts wouldn't be that bad for Utah?

Utah gets rid of a huge contract for a rookie deal and cap space after next year. Balkman can also be a servicable starter at SF IMO. From what I've seen of him, he's a very good rebounder for his position and plays solid D. He has no skills on offense other than dunking but at least that is one less ego that you need to satisfy with shots.

The Knicks could use a player like him to go along with softies like Curry and Randolph but it just adds another questionable attitude to their team. Then again, there is no point in trying to make any sense of the Knicks roster and how this could affect them. I'm at that point where I assume the Knicks will take ANYONE on their team.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:15 AM   #40
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
He's making what, 12 million a year and his contract is worth 60 milllion dollars and he didn't even score more then 10 points this past season. Not to mention he has ripped his head coach and the organization and has made threats to play elsewhere.

Look what Toronto got for VC. Nuggets got for AI. Etc. And he's not even on VC or AI's level.

IMO, some expirers and a few young players doesn't seem that bad considering the alternatives.
Well Nets and Denver weren't championship caliber teams!
Old 09-23-2007, 12:20 AM   #41
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Am I the only one (outside of Knicks fans) that thinks Balkman + expiring contracts wouldn't be that bad for Utah?

Utah gets rid of a huge contract for a rookie deal and cap space after next year. Balkman can also be a servicable starter at SF IMO. From what I've seen of him, he's a very good rebounder for his position and plays solid D. He has no skills on offense other than dunking but at least that is one less ego that you need to satisfy with shots.

The Knicks could use a player like him to go along with softies like Curry and Randolph but it just adds another questionable attitude to their team. Then again, there is no point in trying to make any sense of the Knicks roster and how this could affect them. I'm at that point where I assume the Knicks will take ANYONE on their team.
yes only you and knick fans think that
Old 09-23-2007, 12:46 AM   #42
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
AK actually cried for not getting enough shots on Utah... He'll commit suicide playing with Jamal Crawford, Stephon Marbury, Zach Randolph, Eddy Curry, Nate Robinson, QRich, etc.

exactly
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:55 AM   #43
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
exactly
Wouldn't it be funny to see how guys like Randolph and Marbury react to AK's whining.

AK: Pass me the ball more
Randolph: Shut the **** up
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:35 PM   #44
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

If the kid can't hold up playing in Utah, imagine him playing on the Knicks and the scrutiny he could face there.

But... I do think Utah and NY would seriously consider something involving:

Expirers (Jones,Dickau)
+ 1 of QRich, Jeffries, M.Rose
+ 1 of Collins, Balkman, Chandler, #1

The Jazz risk losing him for nothing with the way this is being portrayed. They may not be offered much more than that, IMO.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:42 PM   #45
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

knicks wont include lee in a package for an overpaid player
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: