Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-24-2007, 08:00 PM   #76
Borat
very niiice

Borat has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Top 10 Shooters

Dirk isnt clutch? Based on a few misses and a bad series? So that makes him a bad shooter?

Nah he has proved over 100's of games that on average he is a fantastic shooter.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #77
Borat
very niiice

michael redd... 46/38%.
ray allen - 44/37%.

That aint great accuracy at all. And that takes into account all distances, all types of pressure, over 82 games.

That is an accurate measure of great shooting, compared to what random posters think or seem to like.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:37 PM   #78
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you are seriously under the impression that Ray Allen isn't a top 10 shooter in the league, I doubt it'd be worth arguing over. Seems like you're pretty set in your (false) criteria, and I don't think anyone will be able to change your mind.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:48 PM   #79
Borat
very niiice

He has a nice style.

But his career average and his season average is not great at all.
I'm happy to change my opinion if you can give me definitive proof that Ray Allen is a top 5 ot 10 shooter in the league, other than when he hits his one out of every three 3pt attempts, you think to yourself.... "thats automatic" and "that looks sweet".
Old 09-24-2007, 08:51 PM   #80
Borat
very niiice

Really I'm open and willing to give him the number 1 spot if there is any proof.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:53 PM   #81
Borat
very niiice

Cos I watch the Sonics play, and I watch as 1 out of 3 "go clang!" and I think to myself, is he so highly regarded as a shooter cos he looks good?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:58 PM   #82
Borat
very niiice

Peja is in when healthy, at 46/40/90%

As is Wally Szczerbiak at 50/40/86%
Old 09-24-2007, 09:01 PM   #83
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang

Uchiha_Hai has an OK reputation so far

Forget stats.

You can just say that Ray Allen is the best shooter, point blank. And you'd be right, because when you are looking at the skill and the talent, you throw the stat sheet out of the window
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:06 PM   #84
Borat
very niiice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Hai
Forget stats.

You can just say that Ray Allen is the best shooter, point blank. And you'd be right, because when you are looking at the skill and the talent, you throw the stat sheet out of the window

This is the type of dumba$$ stupidity I am talking about. "Looking at the skill and the talent"????

The skill is gettin the ball in the hole, not looking good while doing it. And he gets the ball in the hole at a good but not great percentage.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:07 PM   #85
echo484
I airball my layups

echo484 has an OK reputation so far

Ray's overall shooting percentages fall because he shoots a lot more three's than anyone else. This past year he shot 8 3's a game. Last year it was almost 9. His 3-pt percentage is actually quite good (high 30's, not low 30's like you're suggesting), especially considering the shot selection.
echo484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:09 PM   #86
Borat
very niiice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Hai
Forget stats.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:13 PM   #87
Borat
very niiice

I agree in the recent past he was top 5.
But last season he was not top ten.

44/37%.

Last edited by Borat : 09-24-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:32 PM   #88
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat
I agree in the recent past he was top 5.
But last season he was not top ten.

44/37%.

And did he suddenly become a bad shooter last year? Nope he still had the same skill.

Go compare Ray Allen's %s with the "New Ball" and then how they went up when they switched back to the old ball. Other factors like this can disrupt stats and %s.

And the pressure Ray Allen faces on his jumpshots is like no other. He rarely gets any open look.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #89
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Watch Ray Allen play, see the degree of difficulty on shots he takes compared to, say, Kyle Korver, and get back to me with that "argument" that only FG%/3P% matters. Name a guard that's a first option on his team that you think is a better shooter than Ray Allen, and explain why.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:48 PM   #90
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat
Rip??
47% FG/34% 3PT?

I dont think so.
They have 82 games to prove an average percentage.
You are obsessed with stats. Watch the games, not the statsheets alone.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: