Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-20-2007, 06:45 PM   #1
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Default Trades That Will Make The Los Angeles Lakers Better Than They Are Now!!! Trust Me!!!

Trade #1: Los Angeles Lakers Trade:

Lamar Odom

To The Detroit Pistons For:

Rasheed Wallace
Sammy Mejia
Cheick Samb

Trade #2: Los Angeles Lakers Trade:

Vladimir Radmanovic
Jordan Farmar
Rights to Marc Gasol
Future First Rounder

To Sacramento Kings For:

Ron Artest

Trade #3: Los Angeles Lakers Trade:

Brian Cook
Andrew Bynum
Sasha Vujacic
Maurice Evans

To The Atlanta Hawks For:

Tyronn Lue
Zaza Pachulia

Trade #4: Los Angeles Lakers Trade:

Kwame Brown
Ronny Turiaf
Possible Draft pick

To:

Golden State Warriors For:

Stephen Jackson
Andris Biedrins

Derek Fisher | Tyronn Lue | Javaris Crittenton
Kobe Bryant | Stephen Jackson | Sammy Mejia | Coby Karl
Ron Artest | Luke Walton
Rasheed Wallace | Andris Biedrins | Elton Brown
Zaza Pachulia | Chris Mihm | Cheikh Samb | Larry Turner

The Los Angeles Lakers could probably sign Derek Anderson, Rodney White, Devin Brown, Jumaine Jones, Clifford Robinson, or Brian Skinner to veteran minimums (assuming the Los Angeles Lakers don't keep Larry Turner, Elton Brown, and/or Coby Karl).
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
hotsizzle
Superstar

Default Re: Trades That Will Make The Los Angeles Lakers Better Than They Are Now!!! Trust Me

How about we do the 2nd and 4th deal and stop there.

Fisher
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Bynum
Biderins
S. Jackson

I love that core
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Default Re: Trades That Will Make The Los Angeles Lakers Better Than They Are Now!!! Trust Me

Trade #3 is lopsided in the Hawks favor and trade #4 is lopsided in the Lakers favor. I think only trade #2 is doable.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:58 PM   #4
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
How about we do the 2nd and 4th deal and stop there.

Fisher
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Bynum
Biderins
S. Jackson

I love that core

Tyronn Lue has Triangle Offense experience. Sammy Mejia is a 6'7" point guard, also a combo guard. Cheikh Samb is a pretty good Center to have.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:58 PM   #5
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

so, this pistons are going to trade their only secure starting 4/5 for a 3/4 (who really does very little on defense as a 4)? And throw in a big man prospect and a recent pick?

Dont think so.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:01 PM   #6
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Trade #3 is lopsided in the Hawks favor and trade #4 is lopsided in the Lakers favor. I think only trade #2 is doable.

Trade number four is not lopsided in the Los Angeles Lakers favor. The Golden State Warriors get some greatly needed depth and size at a position they were weak and vulnerable in last season.

Furthermore, it seems like the Warriors are more interested in getting under the cap (ie: trading away Jason Richardson). The Golden State Warriors get two expiring contracts as well.

Trade #3 is not lopsided for the Atlanta Hawks. Both teams greatly benefit from that trade.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:02 PM   #7
Make It Rain
Banned

Kobe Bryant for an expirer and a 1st round pick.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:03 PM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
The Golden State Warriors get some greatly needed depth and size at a position they were weak and vulnerable in last season.

??

Biedrins is better and more valuable than both Kwame and Turiaf combined. He is pretty much the only player on the Warriors who gives them consistent post D and rebounding. The Warriors already have their future frontcourt in Biedrins and Wright.

It is lopsided in the Lakers favour.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:04 PM   #9
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
so, this pistons are going to trade their only secure starting 4/5 for a 3/4 (who really does very little on defense as a 4)? And throw in a big man prospect and a recent pick?

Dont think so.

Jason Maxiell can get more playing time. Lamar Odom won't be the first or the second option. The Los Angeles Lakers don't have to include Cheikh Samb or Sammy Mejia if they don't want to. The main players in the trade are Lamar Odom and Rasheed Wallace, so if it was a one for one trade, it would be alright.

Furthermore, I believe that the system the Detroit Pistons are playing in would be beneficial towards Lamar Odom. It would bring out his strengths rather than his weaknesses.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:06 PM   #10
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
??

Biedrins is better and more valuable than both Kwame and Turiaf combined. He is pretty much the only player on the Warriors who gives them consistent post D and rebounding. The Warriors already have their future frontcourt in Biedrins and Wright.

It is lopsided in the Lakers favour.

The Los Angeles Lakers can throw in a future first rounder. No big deal. Baron Davis and Ronny Turiaf would keep the arena electrified. Imagine Ronny Turiaf on the Golden State Warriors??? That would be a nice team.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #11
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
The Los Angeles Lakers can throw in a future first rounder. No big deal. Baron Davis and Ronny Turiaf would keep the arena electrified. Imagine Ronny Turiaf on the Golden State Warriors??? That would be a nice team.

Not if Turiaf is replacing a younger and already better player like Biedrins.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #12
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Not if Turiaf is replacing a younger and already better player like Biedrins.

Andris Biedrins played more minutes than Ronny Turiaf so Ronny Turiaf didn't really have a chance to prove himself like Andris Biedrins did.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #13
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Default Re: Trades That Will Make The Los Angeles Lakers Better Than They Are Now!!! Trust Me!!!

the lakers should sign blue edwards, todd day and tyus edney to 3 yr contracts, they swould give their current starters a run for their money.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:18 PM   #14
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Tyronn Lue has Triangle Offense experience. Sammy Mejia is a 6'7" point guard, also a combo guard. Cheikh Samb is a pretty good Center to have.

So trade our two biggest trade commodities (besides Kobe) for Sheed and a backup PG in Lue. No thanks, I'd rather trade Odom/Bynum for JO
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:27 PM   #15
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
So trade our two biggest trade commodities (besides Kobe) for Sheed and a backup PG in Lue. No thanks, I'd rather trade Odom/Bynum for JO

Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum for Jermaine O'Neal wouldn't work contractually. They have to throw in more contracts that the Indiana Pacers don't want.

Tyronn Lue has Triangle Offense experience and played well for the Los Angeles Lakers.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: