Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-23-2007, 06:45 PM   #16
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 80s: Top 6 Players at each Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
what? i'm talking about the 80s here, like the topic states. elvin made the honorable mention list because of what he did in the 80s

malone deserved 1 of those regular season mvp's. malone had a poor attitude, was a black hole on offense, and was half the defensive player olajuwon was. olajuwon gets the #2

ewing only had 2 good years, and his teams sucked. meanwhile eaton was probably the most feared defensive big in the 80s and shattered shot blocking records, once averaging an astonishing 5.56bpg in 1985, on top of being one of the games best rebounders. eaton was a 2 time defensive player of the year

You are reaching big time Ewing was comparable to Olajuwon throughoutt the 80's so how he could lesser than Mark Eaton is Hilarious.....Mark Eaton was a great shotblocker the way Manute BOl was a gerat shot blocker...with not much else other than rebounding and shot blocking to offer. Ewing was equally feared but much more active on both sides of the ball.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:21 AM   #17
Shep
Decent college freshman

Shep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Dr. J is a SF, you forgot Ewing, DJ ws a PG
the only thing i forgot is to call your mother back. erving was a shooting guard for his best years ('80, '81), ewing only had 2 good years, dj was a shooting guard for his best years ('80, '81). you've been owned time and time again, i'm beginning to think that you like getting embarrassed
Quote:
a couple of points:

gus williams was a shooting guard and i am a huge fan

but i would probably put chris mullin over gus
respect goes out to you, but mullin had only 1 year at shooting guard and on top of that he only had 1 good year

gus williams was never a shooting guard dude
Quote:
You are reaching big time Ewing was comparable to Olajuwon throughoutt the 80's so how he could lesser than Mark Eaton is Hilarious
saying ewing was comparable to olajuwon in the 80's is beyond hilarious, thats getting to the stage where you stop, stare for a minute, shake your head and say "wow"
Quote:
Mark Eaton was a great shotblocker the way Manute BOl was a gerat shot blocker
except he actually was a strong man, was intimidating, and stayed in the game. i've already outlined why eaton deserved an honorable mention, if you don't agree its because you haven't watched tape, researched the man, and lack common sense
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:23 AM   #18
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

ewing 2 good years and eaton > ewing?

welcome to the ignore list mate. say hi to lebron23
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:31 AM   #19
Shep
Decent college freshman

Shep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
ewing 2 good years
yes, ewing had 2 good years
Quote:
and eaton > ewing
when talking 80's yes, eaton > ewing
Quote:
welcome to the ignore list mate. say hi to lebron23
i'm being ignored for speaking the truth?
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:39 AM   #20
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Dr. J is a SF, you forgot Ewing, DJ ws a PG...I really don't have the time to list everything wrong with your pathetic list.

You clearly didn't have time to read it either, as all of those points had been addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmtheshank
Chris only played four seasons in the 80's, and only had 1/2 great season(s). Gus played 3 more years in the decade than Chris did, and had a couple top ten finishes in MVP voting, along with an All-NBA First Team. The majority of Mullin's prime was spent in the 90's, so I guess you got to go with Gus if we're talking strictly the 80's.

I'd take Chris in a chugging contest

Last edited by Manute for Ever! : 09-24-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: