Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 11:37 PM   #1
Chrono90
Local High School Star

Chrono90 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default how will miami do next season?

shaq is a year old but he still has the size..

Dwade is back from injury, but no one knows how healthy he is..

supporting cast are about the same...

but, the East has gotten stronger, the knicks and celtics both got stronger. Think the Heat can still be a dominant force????
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:38 PM   #2
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation
Default Re: how will miami do next season?

I say 8th or 9th place in the East. They're just so .... OLD. However, if they can stay injury free, I think they can even creep up to 4th place.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

how many Heat threads are their gonna be???

all discussing the same thing wow
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:45 PM   #4
aj242
I hit open 5-footers

aj242 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono90
shaq is a year old but he still has the size..

Dwade is back from injury, but no one knows how healthy he is..

supporting cast are about the same...

but, the East has gotten stronger, the knicks and celtics both got stronger. Think the Heat can still be a dominant force????

Forget the supporting cast. Tell me how many games Shaq & Wade play together relatively healthy in the regular season?

That's ultimately what it comes down to.
aj242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:47 PM   #5
Chrono90
Local High School Star

Chrono90 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj242
Forget the supporting cast. Tell me how many games Shaq & Wade play together relatively healthy in the regular season?

That's ultimately what it comes down to.

i think they'll play a decent amount of games this season assuming they're injure-free
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:05 AM   #6
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

ILuvThisGame has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
i think they'll play a decent amount of games this season assuming they're injure-free

You can't assume Shaq is going to be injury free. He hasn't played a full season the past what 3 years if not more and he will not for the rest of his career.

They lost Posey a good defender, + Kapono's scoring spark, GP probably isn't coming back, Zo is also a year older, Walker is a year older (slower if thats possible).

Quote:
but, the East has gotten stronger, the knicks and celtics both got stronger.

Your leaving out the Bobcats addition of J Rich and hell even the Hawks added 2 NBA ready guys out of the draft.
The Heat added Penny Hardaway to raise their average age to what.... 37? and added Smush "I can't handle a starting gig" Parker and Daequan Cook?

The Heat need to do something fast like... force Shaq into retirement, trade Haslem while teams still think he hasn't hit his ceiling (which he has), and get some young talent.

You can call me a homer fan or whatever for giving Charlotte 8 more wins but I think the Southeast looks like:
Washington (better than .500)
Charlotte (around .500)
Miami/Orlando (high 30 wins)
Atlanta (who cares)
by the end of the season.
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:19 AM   #7
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Don't be silly.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #8
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvThisGame
You can call me a homer fan or whatever for giving Charlotte 8 more wins but I think the Southeast looks like:
Washington (better than .500)
Charlotte (around .500)
Miami/Orlando (high 30 wins)
Atlanta (who cares)
by the end of the season.

I wouldn't call you a homer fan for giving Charlotte several more wins, I'd call you retarded.

J-Rich....

Questions linger, but Miami will be significantly better than what some are projecting(out of the playoffs, which is just f'n stupid)....The off-season has been rather underwhelming, but at the end of the day the Heat's fortunes come to down to the Heatlh of Wade and Shaq...

If heatlh permits, the Southeast divison will be taken yet again(a top 4 seed).

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 09-23-2007 at 07:18 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:21 PM   #9
pj24lal

pj24lal has an OK reputation so far

I think anywhere from 4th-10th to be honest - don't see why this year should be any different to last. They will be as slow, as old. If they finish above 4th they will have massively improved from the way they have played last year but I doubt that so much.
pj24lal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:42 PM   #10
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

ILuvThisGame has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
I wouldn't call you a homer fan for giving Charlotte several more wins, I'd call you retarded.

J-Rich....

Questions linger, but Miami will be significantly better than what some are projecting(out of the playoffs, which is just f'n stupid)....The off-season has been rather underwhelming, but at the end of the day the Heat's fortunes come to down to the Heath of Wade and Shaq...

If heath permits, the Southeast divison will be taken yet again(a top 4 seed).

Look who's talking with the Heat avatar... lol

Walter Herrmann proved he was a player at the end of the season and we added JRich while holding on to Wallace and Carrol. Our core is very young and progressing and needed someone to be brought in to score and facilitate the offense (Richardson was an amazing pickup in that respect)

While Miami's core minus Wade and role playing Haslem is 30+. I don't see how Miami can do anything BUT worse than last year and how the Bobcats can do anything but what they have since their inception into the league and add a couple more wins the next season.
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if miami stays healthy, big "if" they can make a run for the midpack of the playoff teams, 4 or 5 is not out of the realm of possibilities..shaq can still dominate, wade can control a game, it will remain to be seen how the role players do, but with riles running the show they can win some games...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:12 PM   #12
basketballer4
Sweaty ti.ts

basketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat cool

I think they'll get the 2nd seed.
basketballer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:41 PM   #13
billybadass
I hit open 5-footers

billybadass has not been impressing people

shaqs done. he should retire all hes doing is bringing down his career ppg average like ewing and drob did
billybadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #14
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

I think they will make the playoffs this year and that will be the last time of the Shaq and Wade era. They will wait for Shaq's contract to expire and then try to build around Wade.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #15
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvThisGame
Our core is very young and progressing
Exactly why people disagree with you putting Charlotte 2nd in the Southeast. They're awfully young, too young, to be considered ahead of veteran teams.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: