Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-23-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
Valiant Valor
Banned

Default If Kobe's the NBA's best swingman, why isn't he my first choice to lead a team?

I'm sorry, but I've been personally grappling with this question since ISH came out with that poll a couple of months ago.

I mean, if this is indeed the case, shouldn't Kobe be an unanimous choice by everyone to be the #1 swingman to build their team around? Cause if this were true, shouldn't it be JUST as ignorant to say you'd take Wade and LeBron over Kobe as it would be to say you'd take Drexler over Jordan?

Really, when is some sort of accountability going to take place for when people casually annoint one player over the next? Why are you doing it? What qualifications give you the basis to feel the way you do? What true and distinctional seperation exist for one player to be ranked ahead of another?
You see, these are the issues that need to be unequivically answered. And if they can't be clearly answered, then there MUST NOT be a clear choice, only leaving us with the option to say ANY GIVEN CHOICE is in fact debateable.

Pretty much that's all I'm asking of ISH. Make decisions and choices, but be fair in your process.

Thank you.
Valiant Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: If Kobe's the NBA's best swingman, why isn't he my first choice to lead a team?

Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #3
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

Default Re: If Kobe's the NBA's best swingman, why isn't he my first choice to lead a team?

He's not a great team leader.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
Kobe24
Banned

If Kobe isn't the best swingman, why are your threads always have his name in it? Think about it...
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #5
Valiant Valor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Something really needs to be done when people come into your thread for the sole purpose of posting nonsense like this.

There is nothing wrong with my thread, and all I ask for is serious responses. If you don't agree with the thread premise, just don't click on it.

It's not that hard to figure out.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #6
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

Because LeBron is your first choice.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #7
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
If Kobe's the NBA's best swingman, why isn't he my first choice to lead a team?

Quote:
I mean, if this is indeed the case, shouldn't Kobe be an unanimous choice by everyone to be the #1 swingman to build their team around?

Because when you talk about a fanbase of several million people they cant be expected to agree on anything.

How often is any belief in sports unanimous? Shaq didnt even get every MVP first place vote in 2000 when he put up 30/14 and led a 67 win team. Plenty of people thought Drexler was the MVP in 92 before the finals.

Not everyone thinks Nash(or Kidd) is the best point. Not everyone thinks Lebron is the best 3. Not everyone thinks Duncan is the best 4.

Thats how the world works. I was once told Steve Francis at his peak was better than Jordan was in 98.

"If a lot of people think ____ is the best why dont I?" just isnt a reasonable question to ask to me.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:16 PM   #8
Valiant Valor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Because when you talk about a fanbase of several million people they cant be expected to agree on anything.

How often is any belief in sports unanimous? Shaq didnt even get every MVP first place vote in 2000 when he put up 30/14 and led a 67 win team. Plenty of people thought Drexler was the MVP in 92 before the finals.

Not everyone thinks Nash(or Kidd) is the best point. Not everyone thinks Lebron is the best 3. Not everyone thinks Duncan is the best 4.

Thats how the world works. I was once told Steve Francis at his peak was better than Jordan was in 98.

"If a lot of people think ____ is the best why dont I?" just isnt a reasonable question to ask to me.
Okay...is consensus too hard to ask for?

Let me ask you...if everything was equal what current swingman would you chose to lead your team?
Old 09-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #9
dynasty23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Valor

He's easily the first choice to lead a team.
dynasty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #10
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Quote:

Because your in love with Lebron?
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:33 PM   #11
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Okay...is consensus too hard to ask for?

Yes....

Quote:
Let me ask you...if everything was equal what current swingman would you chose to lead your team?

Eh...dont feel like having that discussion. Couldnt possibly say or hear anything even close to new.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:18 PM   #12
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Valor
Something really needs to be done when people come into your thread for the sole purpose of posting nonsense like this.
Yeah, the thread maker should get the message.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #13
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
because your an idiot?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:44 PM   #14
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
because your an idiot?

Please remove the question mark and replace with a "!" instead.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:15 PM   #15
silencespeak
Chicken Parm

his enlightened niche would to be 2guard and let nash/kidd to lead. Kobe is like uranium, you need a superpower to stablize it.
silencespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: