Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #16
Defo
I brick open layups

Defo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Robert Swift's tattoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Green and Wilcox are 6'8"

They're listed at 6'9 and 6'10 aren't they?
Defo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:35 AM   #17
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
They should start Durant and Green. They aren't looking to win now so why not develop Durant and Green at the same time. Green played 3 years of college basketball so he should do fine.

Ridnour/Watson
Durant/West
Green/Wally/Wilkins
Wilcox/Collison
Swift/Sene

probably a good guess as it stand now. green and kd will both get good pt for rookies

i would put petro over sene though
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:44 AM   #18
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defo

Please don't get him started on players' heights, it's painful.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:57 AM   #19
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

i don't care how hard he tries. he just looks like a dork ass to me with that look. a total poser.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:10 AM   #20
Swinnus
Banned

Swinnus has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Green and Wilcox are 6'8"

shut the hell up
Swinnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:33 AM   #21
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defo

Don't bother.

Seriously. All that guy knows about the NBA is REAL player heights, like it matters for something. 1 inch doesn't mean **** to anyone but him.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:56 AM   #22
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I thought I was the only one who gets really annoyed when he always adds that to a thread, "[insert name here] is not 6'7", he is 6'6.5", 6'7" in shoes". It has absolutely no bearing on the game and he just pulls their "true" height from nowhere. It is almost as irritating as the weak era argument.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:20 AM   #23
Defo
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
i don't care how hard he tries. he just looks like a dork ass to me with that look. a total poser.

Haha... ' dork ass'. Speaking of crazy tattoos though, anyone remember Cherokee Parks? He had some sick tattoos.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:46 PM   #24
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This team is loaded with versatile young guys.

Durant can go big at either the 2 or 3 at the moment, and maybe as a small 4 down the line. Green can go big at the 3 or small at the 4. Swift and Collison are half court type post up bigs. But then the have Sene, and Petro who are more full court running type bigs who are more defensive minded. And Wilcox is a runner at the 4, but you can really push the ball with him at the 5. They really need a PG to establish what tempo this team is going to play at, and a coach with a real defined philosophy so they can start sifting through these guys.

I like Petro by the way. I saw him play in person really well in NJ last year. He can really move for a guy that long.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:36 PM   #25
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

man, that tat on his right arm looks like a character on my son's and1 shirts. what crap.

maybe his "hardcore" image will transfer to his actual ball skills? yeah right.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:27 PM   #26
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
This team is loaded with versatile young guys.

Durant can go big at either the 2 or 3 at the moment, and maybe as a small 4 down the line. Green can go big at the 3 or small at the 4. Swift and Collison are half court type post up bigs. But then the have Sene, and Petro who are more full court running type bigs who are more defensive minded. And Wilcox is a runner at the 4, but you can really push the ball with him at the 5. They really need a PG to establish what tempo this team is going to play at, and a coach with a real defined philosophy so they can start sifting through these guys.

I like Petro by the way. I saw him play in person really well in NJ last year. He can really move for a guy that long.

petro has improved and will get good minutes behind swift

the pg position was a problem last year and i hope that between watson/ridnour/west that one of thm emerges as the prime 1

we can deal the third of the list for a draft pick
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:18 AM   #27
Defo
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
petro has improved and will get good minutes behind swift

the pg position was a problem last year and i hope that between watson/ridnour/west that one of thm emerges as the prime 1

we can deal the third of the list for a draft pick

Yea, Delonte West looks better and better playing PG and I'd love to see him surprise people and win that starting job, especially over Ridnour who's really seemed like a whiner. The job was his and he lost it.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:57 AM   #28
poeticism707
Local High School Star

poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
he wishes he could be as cool as chris andersen
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:01 AM   #29
poeticism707
Local High School Star

poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL

Don't worry, he'll change is look immediately. The word from the press is he is very concerned with what you think...
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:36 PM   #30
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm a big West guy, and being a Boston fan, have seen a ton of him. But I think if your going to run him full time at the point you need a more versatile SG. Otherwise your going to overextand what he can do handling the ball and playmaking, while at the same time taking him out of the mix as a spot up shooter, which is a strength. I don't think even fully developed that Durant can pull that off. And if he was capable of it, you wouldn't want him doing it because you need him set up as a scorer, moving without the ball, and setting up in the mid post.

Someone like Joe Johnson next to him would work well, or ironically, a younger Ray Allen who had a lot of playmaking skill.
He'd also be a really nice triangle PG, where his weakside shooting could be taken advantage of, while the bulk of the half court set responsiblity would fall on some point forward type player.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: