Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-20-2007, 03:53 AM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Tyrus Thomas or Gerald Green

Both players are very explosive and will both probably be very good one day.

Who is going to be the better scorer? overall player?

I think Gerald Green will be a better scorer but Tyrus IMO can do it all.

Still I would select Green over Tyrus
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:40 AM   #2
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is a pretty well-respected posterDengness9 is a pretty well-respected posterDengness9 is a pretty well-respected posterDengness9 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Tyrus Thomas or Gerald Green

Dude above me is apparently racist, but anyway....

You know who I'm gonna say... T-Time no doubt... Gerald Green is a great athlete but when you compare these 2, I think Tyrus has the edge

Offense:

Gerald Green needs to develop his jumper some more obviously. He can finish on the break good, but his half court game isn't at a high level yet. Tyrus is still a little raw offensively but really showed he can make big time impacts on the game on both sides of the year. He can dunk as ferociously as Green can dunk with finesse. I really think he can produce a better than average offensive game in a year or two.

Defense:

Thomas dominates Green on D when in comparison. Tyrus is going to be a major shot blocker with atleast a steal and a half to go with it. Not to mention he will average double digit rebounds. Green doesn't have much intensity on D and it's known. I mean he is athletic enough to become a quick enough defender but he definitely is not a very strong player physically. If he put on any weight at all it could help out his D a lot.

If anyone would argue that Green is better than Tyrus offensively, could be right, but the difference is not by a lot. No one would argue with the notion that Tyrus' D is much better than Green's D and always will be. I just feel that Tyrus will be a force on both ends of the court much more than Gerald Green will ever be. For that reason I would take Thomas no doubt.

Last edited by Dengness9 : 09-20-2007 at 05:43 AM.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:43 AM   #3
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
I go for Green b/c a lot of Green's are Jewish people and Jewish people tend to like big numbers. Most of Thomas' are black people and black people are happy with a SS check and a Mickey's 40.
???
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:02 AM   #4
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Not to mention he will average double digit rebounds.
Too deep of a roster for him to manage to do that.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:15 AM   #5
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is a pretty well-respected posterDengness9 is a pretty well-respected posterDengness9 is a pretty well-respected posterDengness9 is a pretty well-respected poster

maybe not this year but when he becomes the starter, no doubt. I don't expect him to be a starter when the season kicks off. I don't know what Skiles is planning to do with Tyrus. But Paxson said in an interview 2 days ago on Chicago Tribune Live, that getting Tyrus involved a lot more this year is a priority, so we will see. But if anything man, this will be the last year of single digit rebounds for him. Ben Wallace this year and until he is done with the bulls will have to worry about Tyrus taking all his rebounds instead of the other way around.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:22 AM   #6
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

I'm expecting TThomas to be a starter by all-star break. The ideal combination would be a combination of young and old. Thomas or noah + Ben or joe smith
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:33 AM   #7
kidachi

thomas can be a FORCE offensively and defensively.

but green can be the star. he can be a t-mac type of player. IMO
Old 09-20-2007, 09:37 AM   #8
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Right now I'd rather have Ty Thomas.

Green is far more skilled and just as athletic. The problem is Green knows that so his effort is not always what it should be.

I'd rather have the unskilled athlete giving 110% than the skilled athlete whose effort is unreliable.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:39 AM   #9
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
I go for Green b/c a lot of Green's are Jewish people and Jewish people tend to like big numbers. Most of Thomas' are black people and black people are happy with a SS check and a Mickey's 40.

i wonder how long til thats deleted
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:29 AM   #10
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

I think Green has the better skillset and developing quickly. Tyrus Thomas is the energy guy. Who gets his points through sheer hustle but does not have the skills IMO to develop a proper shot...or ever be the go to guy on offence...where Green does
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:37 AM   #11
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

I'll go with neither. Neither one will be a superstar.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:56 AM   #12
Basketballer
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Basketballer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
I'll go with neither. Neither one will be a superstar.

ps. Basketballers checkout my LENSE :P
Basketballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:19 PM   #13
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Gerald Green needs to develop his jumper some more obviously. He can finish on the break good, but his half court game isn't at a high level yet. Tyrus is still a little raw offensively but really showed he can make big time impacts on the game on both sides of the year. He can dunk as ferociously as Green can dunk with finesse. I really think he can produce a better than average offensive game in a year or two.
Gerald Green hit 36.8% of his threes last year. What's Tyrus Thomas' percentage? I have a hard time taking your posts seriously when you write stuff like this. You actually think this is analysis of their offensive abilities when you (incorrectly) point at Green's jumper as his weakness (his real weaknesses are his handle and overall understanding) and then proceed to compare them as dunkers (which barely matters at all) while ignoring everything else (post-up skills, bball IQ, passing, handles, etc.). If you're going to be a ******* at least be informed with your fanboy agenda (like the rest of us).
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #14
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

lurch67 has decent reputation

I think Green has a better skill set and will develope into the better player.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #15
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Tyrus Thomas.

I'll always take good size over good wing players, especially when the size has great defensive skills.

I think both can average 16-22 ppg though, but Thomas will always be superior on the defensive and rebounding end.

Thomas gets 4 rebounds in 13 minutes per game. If he even could crack 20 mpg, he'd at least get 7 boards and probably 8-10 ppg. If he got 30 minutes, forget about it.

Both are only 21 and have shown desire to get better and work hard. They have bright futures.

Both need to work on their self control, which will come with maturity.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: