Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 07-19-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Houston Rockets & Vassillis Spanoulis agree to 3-year deal

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4057635.html

Quote:
UPDATE: July 19, 2006, 11:39AM

Rockets, Spanoulis agree to 3-year deal

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle
The Rockets reached agreement with guard Vassillis Spanoulis on a three-year contract worth more than $5 million, the largest initial contract they had ever offered a second-round pick.

Spanoulis told Athens newspaper Eleftheros Typos that he would officially accept the contract offer sometime today or tomorrow Houston time.

The Rockets acquired the rights to Spanoulis in an exchange of second-round picks during the 2004 Draft. He played well enough for Maroussi Honda to move to Greek league power Panathanaikos last season and helped lead that team to the Greek league championship.

A member of the Greek Olympic team in 2004 Spanoulis, a 6-3 1/2-inch combination guard, is training with the Greek team for the World Championships and will not be in Houston until September.

Not sure how many folks here know him but the Rockets picked him up in the draft a couple years ago. Carrol Dawson has been very high on him saying he was a cross between "Kobe Bryant and Tony Parker" and said he was the best player on the best team over there. He also mentioned that he would be able to contribute this season. Hopefully, CD knows what he is talking about.

Here is a highlight mix on him. Now i know you can't tell how good a player is with a highlight mix, but atleast you can see his game:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XT7uOvKGvR8&search=Spanoulis
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

His nickname is "the Vaseline Spoon" roflmao.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:56 PM   #3
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I hate Greek names.

But if he's good, fine. I won't be buying your jersey though sir.

Quote:
His nickname is "the Vaseline Spoon" roflmao.
much better.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

howze a-boot "Vaseline Spank'n'jiz" he takes games over, he's a one man show, you want your team in his hands ....
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

I heard they also call him "Kill Bill" because Vassilis is greek for "William".
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:59 PM   #6
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

fast-foward to the 37 second, he travels on a wide open lay-up, but the refs miss it... just watch it in slow motion afterwards too...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #7
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

While we're on nicknames. I made one up for the Kandi Man. I don't know if it has been said before but.

Michael Olo-walk-on-d

He did travel I think.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:06 PM   #8
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

don't think, he took around 4 steps, maybe 3 1/2 steps...
Old 07-19-2006, 02:07 PM   #9
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I THINK that's true but the camera angle kind of made it hard to get a good view.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:08 PM   #10
brwnman

don't think, he travelled, just know that...

- last year, Wade travelled the same way on a fast-break dunk against the Raptors... I don't know if you can recall...
Old 07-19-2006, 02:12 PM   #11
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Default ..

I can't recall. I THINK I might remember it.

I also remember Sprewell when playing for the Wolves I THINK taking liek 4 steps and not getting called.

I THINK the people with no league wide credibility would never get away with anything like that.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:15 PM   #12
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Booo...Lucas > Span.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:16 PM   #13
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Didn't someone sign Lucas?
Old 07-19-2006, 02:19 PM   #14
brwnman

booo brwnman > Lucas > Span

and no-one has offered me a contract, but I will keep trying out...
Old 07-19-2006, 02:21 PM   #15
butch mcrae
I airball my layups

butch mcrae has an OK reputation so far

he better be better than malik badaine
butch mcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: