Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-24-2007, 11:11 AM   #1
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board
Default AK or Artest

Which volatile SF would you rather have on your team, and what would you be willing to give up for them?

For the Knick's I'd rather have Artest. He's a hometown kid, who whould love playing in the Big Apple. I'd give up expirers (Dickau, Jones), and one of Collins, Chandler, #1 for him.

For the Nets, I think I'd rather have AK. He could play the 3 or 4, would get touches on offense and could play well in the open court with Kidd and Co. I'd give up Collins, Mags and Boki for him.

Note that is where I would start the bidding for each, realizing it may take more, but I don't either one is worth much more at this point.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: AK or Artest

If ron werent a dumb@ss id choice him always, good defender can score plus he has that enforcer attitude that the Nets needs, although AK's fine im just scared he might get injured at some point of the season.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

Def Artest men!

he has a much better All around game imo. Can give you 25+ points on any given night and still record 6-8 rebs 4 assist and 2 steals a game....

where as AK can give u 15 points 7-9 rebs 1 assist 2 steals and 1 block a game
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:36 AM   #4
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For the Celtics I'd take AK47 I guess, then trade him for something else.
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:58 PM   #5
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
Def Artest men!

he has a much better All around game imo. Can give you 25+ points on any given night and still record 6-8 rebs 4 assist and 2 steals a game....

where as AK can give u 15 points 7-9 rebs 1 assist 2 steals and 1 block a game

You're totally downplaying AK's stats. That's no different from me saying that Ron will net you 14 points 3 rebounds 2 assists and 1 steal a game.
Prodigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:51 PM   #6
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

I'd rather have Artest. He's a better defender, better offensive player and he's bigger.

ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:00 AM   #7
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

As a player Artest gets the nod 8 times out of 10.

But if you factor in the player's character, it's a more interesting question. AK would've gotten my vote hadn't he baby cried the way he did last week. But Artest isn't high on my list either since the trade drama at Indiana.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:03 AM   #8
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

AK is a better help defender, rebounder, passer, and blocker. Cares about playing so much that he whines if he doesn't play enough.

Artest is a better shooter, on ball defender, and stealer. Cares about playing so little that he would rather make a lame CD than play.

I'd take AK.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:06 AM   #9
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILballa
I'd rather have Artest. He's a better defender, better offensive player and he's bigger.

Ak is taller and longer though... I don't think you can say Artest is better at defense, as AK does some things the Artest couldn't even dream of, when it comes to blocking and deflecting shots. Other things that AK has been known to do in the past are being downplayed in this thread. It's hard to say which guy is better when they are at their peak, it's close, so close that they even have similar hair styles.

Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:12 AM   #10
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

artest of course, salary-wise. but given the same salary, i'm not too sure..i'd proly go for AK
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:16 AM   #11
silencespeak
Chicken Parm

silencespeak has an OK reputation so far

depends what a team needs. If I were looking for a defender, AK without a doubt.
silencespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:25 AM   #12
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

AK is not a 1 on 1 lock down defender, he puts up good fantasy stats (well used too)... but give me Artest guarding your best guard/forward anyday.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:28 AM   #13
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
AK is not a 1 on 1 lock down defender, he puts up good fantasy stats (well used too)... but give me Artest guarding your best guard/forward anyday.
cosigned
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:32 AM   #14
poeticism707
Local High School Star

poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
You're totally downplaying AK's stats. That's no different from me saying that Ron will net you 14 points 3 rebounds 2 assists and 1 steal a game.

AK's BEST SEASON was at about 15 points a game. How is he downplaying AK's stats?
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:40 AM   #15
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

I would take Ron Artest, because you get production on the offensive end as well as defensively.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: