Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #1
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Top 10 Shooters

Top 10 Shooters

1. Ray Allen

Pros: Simply the best; a no brainer for me. Can shoot the 3, the mid range J, and free throws. 2nd all time in total 3 pointers made, an unbelievable clutch shooter, an absolute sniper from anywhere on the court, silky smooth J. Says shooting is like breathing to him. Rumored to have a range of 45 feet.

Cons: None.

2. Steve Nash

Pros: Has an unblockable fade away mid range shot, shoots 50/40/90, free throw master, clutch shooter, very consistent.

3. Dirk Nowitzki

Pros: How do you guard a 7 foot shooter? You can't. Can shoot over anybody, is an excellent free throw shooter, 3 pointer is great, mid range shot is almost perfect. Consistent for the most part, and clutch. Has a turn around fadeaway that's unstoppable.

4. Jason Kapono

Pros: Very quick release, always has a good shooting night, shot an unbelievably amazing percentage from beyond the arc last year (.514%), won the 3 point shootout, an up and coming star in terms of shooters.

Cons: Has been injured a bit in his career, still too young to rank him above veteran shooters like the 3 players above him.

5. Mike Miller

Pros: Knocks it down every night. Can rain threes, solid mid range shot, nice free throw shooter. Comes off screens like a bullet. Quick catch and shooter, great release form, always a threat from beyond the arc. 3rd in total 3's made, averaged 3 3's per game.

Cons: Is yet to have an "out of this world" 3 point percentage; his highest is .407%, though that's still very good. Also pretty streaky.

6. Kyle Korver

Pros: Is an amazing shooter from all 3 spots, a lights out free throw shooter and can become unconcious from beyond the arc. One of the best catch and shooters, very quick release, elevates during his shot, always aware and coming off screens.

7. Gilbert Arenas

Pros: One word - CLUTCH. Very clutch, can shoot jumpshots from half court, has a great form, shoots high percentages when he's on fire, has a great pull up jumper.

Cons: Needs to work on his percentages and consistency.

8. Michael Redd

Pros: Might have the quickest jumper in the game. Best left handed shooter, can fade away very well, pulls up quicker than lightning. Can shoot well from all 3 parts of the floor, is a clutch shooter, top 5 mid-range shooter.

9. Kobe Bryant

Pros: Best scorer in the league and one of the best shooters, too. Probably the best clutch player, probably the best pull up jumper in the league, amazing mid range shooter, hit an NBA record 12 threes (12/18), shoots well from the line, an unguardable fadeaway.

10. Vince Carter

Pros: Has improved his jumpshots by leaps and bounds since his early years, can shoot jumpshots from halfcourt with ease, is a very clutch shooter, can pull up very well, has the best fadeaway in the league in my opinion. Went 9 for 9 at one point in the 2001 playoffs from three.

Cons: Falls in love with his jumper a bit too much, fades away when he doesn't need to.

Close, but no cigar (in no order): Peja Stojakovic, Jason Richardson, Brent Barry, Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Raja Bell, Paul Pierce, Tracy McGrady, Joe Johnson, Mike Bibby, Ben Gordon.

Note: I would have easily put Peja in the top 5 if he wasn't injured last year.

I think anything from 7 and lower is completely rearrangeable/swappable with other players. Agreements? Disagreements? Debate and discuss.

Last edited by Richie2k6 : 09-22-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Top 10 Shooters

Looks right
Eddie House is close to top 10 imo.
Very quick release but very streaky.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:57 PM   #3
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Interesting list...

Cons of your top 3 are that none of them play defense.

Korver is prone to having long dry spells.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:59 PM   #4
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Cons of your top 3 are that none of them play defense.
Well it's just any pros/cons involving shooting.
Quote:
Korver is prone to having long dry spells.
That theory is definitely accurate according to 2k7... the man misses completely open 3's so much. Meh.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:00 PM   #5
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

vince should not be on that list and i would have gilbert a bit higher
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #6
YaoMacBat11
Decent playground baller

YaoMacBat11 has an OK reputation so far

Not going by percentages, which I know ppl will question me, but I'd have to put T-Mac on that list..in the top ten. Yes most will say I am trolling or what not, but if you have carter, korver on there? T-mac should be above both of those...
YaoMacBat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #7
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Chauncey should be in the top ten imo, Korver in Billups are really close in career percentage in threes...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #8
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Arenas, Vince, and Mcgrady are the same basic level as shooters I think. Just a difference in how they use it.

And I wont pretend to be unbiased but Ben Gordon at least justifies a mention. Hes shot between 41 and 44(rounded off) every season and is second among active players for his career after Nash. 7th all time too but...its only been 3 years.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #9
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

From the little I have seen of Mike Miller he seems really streaky...Is Redd any better??
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:06 PM   #10
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMacBat11
Not going by percentages, which I know ppl will question me, but I'd have to put T-Mac on that list..in the top ten. Yes most will say I am trolling or what not, but if you have carter, korver on there? T-mac should be above both of those...
I would say Carter is the better shooter. He shoots a better percentage from FG, 3PT, FT, eFG and TS, all 5 major shooting categories. Also, he has more 3 point accolades, and I would say he's a more consistent shooter, too. I'd also say Carter attacks the rim more than McGrady as well, which is probably why McGrady's percentages are lower - he shoots jumpers too much. Carter can fall in love with jumpers, but he's not always purely shooting. McGrady is usually shooting J's as a first option.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:07 PM   #11
Moderation

Ben Gordon should be in the top 10.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:07 PM   #12
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

people already forgot about hamilton? ben gordon?
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:20 PM   #13
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

ur telling me vince carter is a better shooter then peja stojakovic?
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:23 PM   #14
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_brah07

Yeah the guys misses one season, and all of a sudden he is the forgotten man...??? Vince Carter isn't even close to being a better shooter than Peja...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:25 PM   #15
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_brah07
Reasoning:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Note: I would have easily put Peja in the top 5 if he wasn't injured last year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: