Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #16
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: I hate Robert Horry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
One more thing about the suspension thing... Suspending players during the playoffs should not be allowed. The playoffs are a very important part of the year. You can't just suspend one of the key players and expect a good outcome for the series. It's not like the regular season. You are playing to NOT get eliminated so one game without your best player matters. Suspensions should just count towards the regular season. That way, teams can't be screwed over (Suns).
LOL ... you know how many fights there would be if no suspensions were allowed. The players should be able to control themselves.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:36 PM   #17
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

For example, say the ball goes out of bound and a player (let's say Kevin Garnett) knows he touched the ball last. KG would still point to his goal hoping the ref gives them the ball.

thats not cheating... neither is what Horry did... it's not cheating...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #18
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
LOL ... you know how many fights there would be if no suspensions were allowed. The players should be able to control themselves.

I think in the playoffs you should be allowed to beat the hell out of people - go in the stands, start wearing street clothes on thebench.

all NBA rules should be suspended -- they are THAT important.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #19
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
That too, but the suspensions still count, just for the regular season. The NBA has made some bad decisions lately, especially on the preschool basketball rules.
Did the NBA make bad decisions or was it the players who made the bad decisions?
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #20
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Basketball is supposed to be a team sport and players are supposed to be as complete as possible.

It is not important for everybody to be complete, it is more important to know your role. Horry is a perfect example of this. You just sound bitter if you ask me.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:12 PM   #21
poeticism707
Local High School Star

poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.

I see no one has mentioned "Nash Flop." If Nash doesn't flop like a fish in the desert, then there are no suspensions. Also, Horry's foul was not nearly as hard as Nash made it look, which makes Nash's flop all the worse. Nash is a soccer player though, which means he is a veteran flopper- like the 3-peat Lakers. How Ginobli can be lampooned for flopping and Nash go completely UNMENTIONED is beyond me.
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:15 PM   #22
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
That hip check to Steve Nash was uncalled for. He won a championship but he cheated. Just thought I'd bring that up.

You cant be serious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp4UF4Av_g0

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:16 PM   #23
Borat
very niiice

Borat has an OK reputation so far

+1
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:16 PM   #24
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticism707
I see no one has mentioned "Nash Flop." If Nash doesn't flop like a fish in the desert, then there are no suspensions. Also, Horry's foul was not nearly as hard as Nash made it look, which makes Nash's flop all the worse. Nash is a soccer player though, which means he is a veteran flopper- like the 3-peat Lakers. How Ginobli can be lampooned for flopping and Nash go completely UNMENTIONED is beyond me.

Good point... Nash would make a professional soccer player feel proud with that flop!!!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:18 PM   #25
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Not a fan personally, either.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #26
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
That hip check to Steve Nash was uncalled for. He won a championship but he cheated. Just thought I'd bring that up.
Don't hate the player, Hate the game...
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #27
RagingBull33
I pooped a hammer.

RagingBull33 has decent reputationRagingBull33 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Championship-worthy teams FIND ways to overcome those hurdles instead of making excuses
So, if Jordan was called for a foul pushing on his last shot after his first retirement, and the Jazz win game 7, the Bulls are no longer a Championship worthy team?
RagingBull33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:46 PM   #28
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Melo will give sucker punch to everyone after the game is over. Haha. Rasheed will finally get a chance to rip the refs' ass off.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:52 PM   #29
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang

Uchiha_Hai has an OK reputation so far

Spurs would of rocked the Suns regardless mate.
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:57 PM   #30
poeticism707
Local High School Star

poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton
Melo will give sucker punch to everyone after the game is over. Haha. Rasheed will finally get a chance to rip the refs' ass off.
:
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: