Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-24-2007, 07:44 PM   #16
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: New NBA 2k8 trailer.

Can you edit the player's gear? I don't know why ... but they STAY giving Kobe Bryant tube socks ... and he never wears them. It's annoying me to all get out. Another quick question, why is 2k's arm bands so thin? No one wears wristbands that skinny. Can those be edited or changed? It's the subtelties like this that disappoint me.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:47 PM   #17
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Gameplay looks TOP NOTCH, btw ...
Old 09-24-2007, 07:55 PM   #18
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
Can you edit the player's gear? I don't know why ... but they STAY giving Kobe Bryant tube socks ... and he never wears them. It's annoying me to all get out. Another quick question, why is 2k's arm bands so thin? No one wears wristbands that skinny. Can those be edited or changed? It's the subtelties like this that disappoint me.

Are you talking about those baller band/rubberband type wrist bands? Because if you are, those are actually skinny.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:05 PM   #19
applejoe
Decent playground baller

applejoe has an OK reputation so far

NBA Live with 20 seconds of slider adjustment >>>>> NBA 2k series
It's all about having fun and instead of having shots adjusted by the computer just for the sake of being "realistic". I like how NBA 2k stops crossovers from working, but lets you blow by people simply by holding turbo and running in circles and zig zag motions, super realistic
applejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #20
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
Are you talking about those baller band/rubberband type wrist bands? Because if you are, those are actually skinny.
No, not the baller bands. I know what those are and where they go ... those are the rubber bands that players have been wearing on their wrists since about 1999 / 2000.

I'm talking about the actual WRISTBANDS. The one's players used to be able to wear directly on their elbow or above, but have been since designated to right below their elbow (for some unknown reason) ...

Kobe for instance used to wear his above his elbow on his bicep, as shown here:

Post 2005 - 2006

He wore it on his forearm, as seen here:

See? Little differences like this is what sets a game off and makes them real. The nuances of the look and real basketball gameplay ... the wristbands they have on the players on this game look like rubber bands strapped to their forearms. No one wears wristbands that skinny and that small. I mean, 2k must have a hard time w/ this stuff ... considering they JUST added baller bands to the mix on their player models.

It might seem like a nitpick, but it makes a difference! (IMO)
Old 09-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #21
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejoe
It's all about having fun and instead of having shots adjusted by the computer just for the sake of being "realistic". I like how NBA 2k stops crossovers from working, but lets you blow by people simply by holding turbo and running in circles and zig zag motions, super realistic
Good point. But also, Live has never been un-realistic post Live 2004 ... **** what you heard elsewhere.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:22 PM   #22
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's a really nice trailer. Iverson crossover was sick.
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:36 PM   #23
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
No, not the baller bands. I know what those are and where they go ... those are the rubber bands that players have been wearing on their wrists since about 1999 / 2000.

I'm talking about the actual WRISTBANDS. The one's players used to be able to wear directly on their elbow or above, but have been since designated to right below their elbow (for some unknown reason) ...

Kobe for instance used to wear his above his elbow on his bicep, as shown here:

Post 2005 - 2006

He wore it on his forearm, as seen here:

See? Little differences like this is what sets a game off and makes them real. The nuances of the look and real basketball gameplay ... the wristbands they have on the players on this game look like rubber bands strapped to their forearms. No one wears wristbands that skinny and that small. I mean, 2k must have a hard time w/ this stuff ... considering they JUST added baller bands to the mix on their player models.

It might seem like a nitpick, but it makes a difference! (IMO)

Oh ok. Gotcha.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:39 PM   #24
elinss86
Decent playground baller

elinss86 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
B-Low have you played the 2k demo? I don't understand how you are seeing crazy oops in traffic, when I've seen nothing of the sort. The guy who made this trailer compiled the craziest moves he could find after many many hours of playing. It's not as if you see that stuff every game.

exactly, its a HIGHLIGHT reel. you play the demo and its realistic as hell. lmao at these live clowns. in about 25 games of demo played theres been 1 unrealistic play - a windmill from duncan. thats it. and ive had a grand total of 1 alley oop (layup) ive watcehd a few games of cpu vs cpu and evn on pro its a beauty to watch for the ppl that understand bball
elinss86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:35 PM   #25
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lebi9krmmxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJWpBDw7Ke4

For all those that want more sim like stuff, someone broke down the differences between 2k7 / 2k8, the second video is all 2k8 stuff.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #26
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejoe

: Here goes the slider adjustments excuse again. Sorry, but no slider adjustments can help the worst excuse for a basketball game ever (Live 07 on 360). Even the biggest Live fans made the switch over last year. The only ones who hate on 2K are the people are still can't let go Live because it's all they know or the gameplay is just too advanced (too hard) for them.

Honestly, the way you described how you think 2k is "unrealistic" can be applied to Live also along with other flawed gameplay. Let it go man, 2K has easily surpassed NBA Live and is never looking back. You think Live is good with sliders? Try 2K with sliders. Hell, you don't even need sliders for it to be better than Live 07. It's time to make the switch just like millions of other Live players who converted to NBA 2K. I'll take windmill alley-oops over Yao Ming playing like an atheletic power forward any day.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:36 PM   #27
applejoe
Decent playground baller

applejoe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
: Here goes the slider adjustments excuse again. Sorry, but no slider adjustments can help the worst excuse for a basketball game ever (Live 07 on 360). Even the biggest Live fans made the switch over last year. The only ones who hate on 2K are the people are still can't let go Live because it's all they know or the gameplay is just too advanced (too hard) for them.

Honestly, the way you described how you think 2k is "unrealistic" can be applied to Live also along with other flawed gameplay. Let it go man, 2K has easily surpassed NBA Live and is never looking back. You think Live is good with sliders? Try 2K with sliders. Hell, you don't even need sliders for it to be better than Live 07. It's time to make the switch just like millions of other Live players who converted to NBA 2K. I'll take windmill alley-oops over Yao Ming playing like an atheletic power forward any day.

2k is so bad that playing without adjusting the sliders in Live is already way more fun, then if you adjust the sliders? 4getaboutit
applejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:44 PM   #28
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Live has sucked since 05
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #29
awsmori
I brick open layups

awsmori has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
Live is all about Arcadey Run & Gun style gameplay, 2k is all about using strategy, and using players strengths to your advantage.
In Live 07 I can hit 7/10 threes with Kwame Brown for god's sake. In 2k I can't hit 7/10 threes with anyone unless they are really on fire.
In Live 07 I can score 120 with Kobe in 5 minute quarters, without even trying. In 2k, the most I can score with Kobe in 5 minute quarters is 40.
Live is for players that want to rack up the score, 2k is for the players that want to actually play basketball and use strategy, instead of fast break pull up 3 with anyone on the court.

bingo
awsmori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:43 AM   #30
VCdabest
I brick open layups

VCdabest has not been impressing people

nother video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hot66...elated&search=

wow this game keeps getting better and better.
VCdabest is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: