Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 09-24-2007, 04:29 PM   #1
monkierojer
Decent playground baller

monkierojer has an OK reputation so far
Default When would you draft Elton Brand

I'm playing head to head in yahoo and i'm 12th pick out of 12 players. When would you suggest picking brand? (Also keeper league 3 years 3 players)
monkierojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: When would you draft Elton Brand

Pick him off waivers in January. He's going to miss most of the year, and when (if) he comes back, could really help during playoffs.

Fantasy playoffs, not real playoffs....
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:20 PM   #3
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkierojer
I'm playing head to head in yahoo and i'm 12th pick out of 12 players. When would you suggest picking brand? (Also keeper league 3 years 3 players)

Since it's a keeper league, somebody will draft him. It's a tough call for you being the last pick because you're a bit behind the 8 ball as it stands. I think that if you could get Brand in any round at 10 or later, I would do it. But it's a risk either way. Someone might surprise you and take him way before that.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:38 AM   #4
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

I'd go the nutso route. Tank the season and just draft him unnessecessarily crazily high, even on the good chance he won't be back this season. Draft Oden too. Your team will be so bad it will get next years top picks. Leave yourself 4 potential keepers anything else, trade off early in the season getting back lots of 1st round picks for next year or top teams will often trade their injured stars cheaply.

So here's the plan

Go for Chris Paul+a centre Yao/Amare/Gasol with the 12th and 13th pick.

Kirilenko in the 3rd(on the hope he'll be traded by next year) and Brand with the 4th pick. Oden with the 5th pick. Then draft pick bait with the rest of the picks. Bench all your guys and come back next year.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:48 PM   #5
monkierojer
Decent playground baller

monkierojer has an OK reputation so far

Thanks For the input guys. I'm not going to tank the season. I'll try to pick him in the later rounds and hold him. I was looking at mock drafts on
http://www.fantasybasketballcafe.com and they drafted him 6th 1st round. That kind of confused me because most people agreed w/ drafting him. Am i missing some information?
monkierojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:10 PM   #6
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkierojer
Thanks For the input guys. I'm not going to tank the season. I'll try to pick him in the later rounds and hold him. I was looking at mock drafts on
http://www.fantasybasketballcafe.com and they drafted him 6th 1st round. That kind of confused me because most people agreed w/ drafting him. Am i missing some information?

Yeah that draft was done really early, before the Brand injury. I think they actually but an * beside Brand's name and made reference to that below.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:39 PM   #7
Defo
I brick open layups

Defo has an OK reputation so far

Brand went undrafted in my league, but someone picked him off wavers pretty quick. It's a risk. Unless the Clippers have a shot at the playoffs when and if he's ready to play, I can't see the team taking the risk of him getting re-injured just to win a few more games. If the opportunity is there, they'll quietly let the season tank so they get a shot at Rose/Mayo/Beasley, and why not?
Defo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:42 PM   #8
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

I agree with anywhere after 10th, maybe even a round higher if you have large roster sizes.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: