Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-19-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default bynum stars in lakers final summer league game

"The Lakers Summer Pro League Squad won their final game 132 - 123 with Baby Bynum showing he is ready to make a run at playing time this upcoming season.

After a 19 point 8 rebound effort in the previous game, Bynum followed in the season final with 25 points and 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. The Buzz however is that he went 10 for 10 from the floor. When you are shooting 100% from the floor, that will definitely get it done.

Jordan Farmar had another nice game with 16 points, 11 assists, and 3 steals. Devin Green has flexed his muscles two games in a row and had 26 points, hitting 12 of 14 shots, with 8 rebs, 4 assists, and 1 steal.

The question marks at the end of the night are what are the Lakers going to do about Devin Green and Danilo Pinnock who also turned in another good performance. With a crowded roster, who will get invited to camp, and who will make the roster"

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/a-180.html
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well I would very much LOVE to keep Devin and Pinnock as well as Bynum and Farmar.

Here are expendible players we can let go.

Cook
George
Wafer
Jackson
Mckie.

is that enough?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:34 PM   #3
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

OliverThizz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well I would very much LOVE to keep Devin and Pinnock as well as Bynum and Farmar.

Here are expendible players we can let go.

Cook
George
Wafer
Jackson
Mckie.

is that enough?
Well, I dont think George is coming back, Mckie and Jackson should definitely be let go, and Wafer will probably be sent back to the NBDL again. That would leave us room and hopefully we can keep Devin and JR because I have been really impressed by both of them. Our team is lookin deeper and deeper everyday and if they can learn to play together, we should be in real good shape.
OliverThizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverThizz
Well, I dont think George is coming back, Mckie and Jackson should definitely be let go, and Wafer will probably be sent back to the NBDL again. That would leave us room and hopefully we can keep Devin and JR because I have been really impressed by both of them. Our team is lookin deeper and deeper everyday and if they can learn to play together, we should be in real good shape.

What makes me even happier is the fact we dont need to sign too many new people.

Our greatness is coming from developing players. thats the smart way to go. Insteada going out there and finding an expensive player, we have one already on his way. Im really happy about these results.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:34 PM   #5
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

OliverThizz has an OK reputation so far

We have a good young team to build on. Good role players and good potential starters. Bynum is going to be a beast too. When I think about the dunk he threw on Shaq and his enthusiasm, I know he is going to be the next thing.
OliverThizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:08 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Not to mention Bynum's 270+ lbs are all muscle. not like fat shaq
Old 07-20-2006, 01:15 AM   #7
LakerRoss
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LakerRoss has an OK reputation so far
Default Making the right Moves, But??

I agree the team is making the right decisions especially when they don't have alot of money to make deals with. They have to take chances and make sure that the players they bring in fill their needs and are willing to be developed. I think that having Kurt and B-Shaw coach the summer league team was the best move they could have made because now they have a relationship with those younger players and are teaching them the inside outs of the triangle and what Phil expects. Bringing Jim Cleamons back was great too. Games are won in the practice sessions!
LakerRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:12 AM   #8
leopoldotoribio
I airball my layups

leopoldotoribio has an OK reputation so far

our team right now is a 50 plus winning team with all the additions...
but if somehow we could get just 1 more additional player (harrington,wells,jeffries,wilcox,evans) then we have a shot fighting for the west finals.
leopoldotoribio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 03:51 PM   #9
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldotoribio
our team right now is a 50 plus winning team with all the additions...
but if somehow we could get just 1 more additional player (harrington,wells,jeffries,wilcox,evans) then we have a shot fighting for the west finals.

i like our team and i agree with you in the fact that i think we are missing a piece...out of the guys you listed i think we have a real shot at only reggie evans...which i think will help us out a ton...he will be like a poor mans dennis rodman...all rebounding and D, no offense...but a guy like him is exactly what we need...a guy whose dedicated to something other than shooting the ball...and hes a tough rugged player...and i think he is the cheapest guy on your list...but i really dont know about that "grabbing" he did to chris kaman last year in the playoffs...id be a little uneasy if he were in my locker room...
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 03:56 PM   #10
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

An advantage the Lakers have is that they will own their own NBDL team. Whoever doesn't make the 15 man roster can be sent there. The Lakers D-league team could run the triangle so the young players can continue to develop and maybe, they could make the roster in future years.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:12 PM   #11
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

bynum is incomparable to kwame. kwame SUCKED .. bynum has more energy and has more confidence that kwame did in his first years.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:21 PM   #12
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
bynum is incomparable to kwame. kwame SUCKED .. bynum has more energy and has more confidence that kwame did in his first years.

You really can't judge Kwame till after this season. Washington never coached this kid. Hell, if you look at all the Washington big men, none of them has improved since they got there. Haywood had potential, but has done nothing. Jamison is the same player he was before he got there. His rebounding and defense has improved a bit though. Kwame is getting proper coaching now and he's getting better. He will never be a star, but he should be a decent to good center in this league, which is valuable because there are few decent to good centers playing these days.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #13
ggnehm
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ggnehm has an OK reputation so far

jobica

Man you need to watch the kid more he dropped 16 pts in 1 quarter vs. the Knicks last session on 7-7 from the floor. Was dunked on by Shaq came down court and gave it right back to “The Diesel”. The other day in summer league he dropped 24 and 15. He has had a great summer aside from 1 maybe 2 games he has been a monster. OH yeah and the kid is only 18 cut the boy some slack. I love big baby Bynum aka socks. If we were to trade him now without giving him a chance to succeed that would be a travesty.
ggnehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:33 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Bynum definitely started out with guidance right away which is a great thing.

I am glad to see him performing to the level of other guys that are rookies or sophmores like Brandon Roy and Adam Morrison.

Same with Jordan they are all showing their reason for being drafted high.

Kwame on the other hand didnt start out with that same guidance that Bynum has. Kwame had to try and figure out things on his own and Michael Jordan Broke his spirit because he couldnt perform right away. I can't blame Kwame for any Washington days. Or laker das fpr that matter. he did alright
Old 07-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #15
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yea i think bynum will have a more prominent role this season...im glad to hear he had such a monster summer league....i hope its a sign of things to come...bynums getting lot of good guidance from kareem and he doesnt have the small hands that kwame has...but i do believe kwame will perform better this season as well...he was doing great after mihm went down...i think his biggest problem is confidence...after his years in washington he must worry about every little mistake he makes and when your on the court you cant do that becasue it affects your whole game..
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: