Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #1
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Lightbulb With the Knicks Scandles Is a Blockbuster Accusiton In the Wind?

In light of all the Knick's negative press with the trial, accusations of sexual harassment, discrimination, bigotry, bone-head statments and various scandals, will MSG's owner and management feel compelled to bring in a big name player and who do you think it might be?
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: With the Knicks Scandles Is a Blockbuster Accusiton In the Wind?

Even in the light of the scandal, I still don't see any major trade going on.

Zeke won't part with the youngsters, and nobody is willing to pick up a bad contract.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:30 AM   #3
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default Re: With the Knicks Scandals Is a Blockbuster Accusation In the Wind?

I don't see anything happening.

They have to get rid of Jerome James so that they can keep Nichols.

Dickau is as good as gone and if not James then Rose who is an asset, too bad.

Unless we trade a few players to get a so-called franchise super star our roster is set and I feel it's (Potentially) as good as anybodies other than a few teams.

The key word is potentially.

To me the problem of acquiring a big name is the what if. What if we give up talent for this unknown person and he gets injured.......doom.

So I think it's a great situation having so much young talent and you can win with a lot of really good players and not have a franchise player.

If Curry and Z Bo can coexist this should be an interesting season and a lot of buzz will be coming from the Garden. It will over shadow what the Celtics did and soon everybody will be a Knick fan again.

I hope........

I also hope Brown wins the law suit so that Stern can step in and suspend Dolan as they did to Steinbrenner. That's when the Yankees were forced to be run by real baseball people. They built up the farm system and went on to win a few world series all because of the suspension of the meddling Steinbrenner.

I don't like Dolan and if any of what was said is true about Isiah I don't like him either. But all will be forgiven if he makes us a winner again. If anybody follows the history of Dolan then you'll know what a disservice he has been to the people of New York and who are stuck with cablevision.

I would hate to have to work for him unless your one of HIS guys like Isiah, who could do no wrong. Any other owner would have fired Isiah by now, 3 times over.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:37 PM   #4
evodeadd
I airball my layups

I'm trying really hard not to read about what's going on with the court case...but it's difficult because there's just no other Knick news to read about.

I can't wait for the season to start so that we can just talk about basketball.

But regarding your question...as much as I like the young talent on this team, there's not enough playing time for all of them and it will be waste for them to sit on the bench only to get a possible 0 to 5 minutes of playing time.

If I was Isiah...and we had a chance to get a young Allstar caliber player for a few young talents...I would do it.
evodeadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #5
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Very good answers guys!

I hate Dollan too and Isaiah is a two-faced, sexist and racist phony. But Don't expect Stern to weigh in here. He did nothing after the Kobe sex case was settled and he is not going to come down against an owner. David Stern knows who are paying his salary.

Some interesting players have asked for trades recently including Kobe Bryant, Shawn Marion and AK47. Kobe or Marion would be good on the Knicks.

I don't want to see the Knicks trade David Lee or Rolando Balkman -- But if it was for Kobe who would refuse?

Too much news about the MSG/CableBlindness sleaze. don't expect better Knick management unless the judge rules that Anucha should replace Tomas/Dollan as GM and owner. And maybe not even then.

Since when has incompetence been a reason to fire anyone at MSG? Anucha should not be arguing that she is not incompetent. She should point out that at MSG/Cablevision incompetence is a requirement for being hired as a manager or appointed as owner!

They claim that Anucha could not manage a budget. look at the Knick's payroll and butchery of the salary cap. No body there seems to give a damn about money or even know how to count. who else would pay Jerome James $6M per year to NOT play basketball?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:33 PM   #6
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Default Re: With the Knicks Scandals Is a Blockbuster Accusiton In the Wind?

Something has to be up. the Knicks just signed four more players, bringing their total up to 20. http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/signi..._mediaday.html
Old 10-02-2007, 08:55 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Wasn't Walker Russell in our summer league? I wasnt impressed @ all.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:17 AM   #8
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Wasn't Walker Russell in our summer league? I wasnt impressed @ all.

Yes he was.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #9
jjswifty

Why cant we grow our own stars? We're gonna give up picks, young talent, for aging, 2nd rate stars(except kobe)...again?
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #10
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

I could see a deal made just to put this whole trial on the backburner.

Players like Artest, AK, and Marion are attainable and these players would fill a need. However, the question really isn't who's available, rather what are you willing to give up.

And I just wanted to mention that Lee or Balkman are too much to give up for Artest.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:39 PM   #11
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

I wouldn't hold my breath. The Knicks should just rely on what they got.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
I wouldn't hold my breath. The Knicks should just rely on what they got.

I second that.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:06 AM   #13
Good Old Willy
DBDs

I'll state the obvious here, but which MOST dammit MOST posters on ISH forget to do: Best way to look at these types of questions is always from the demand side, not supply side.

What demand is there from other teams, for guys off our roster? Which Knick would X team want on their team, to improve themselves at X position. In other words which Knick can you add to another team to improve that team - then work out the trade back details.

For the Knicks, the demand for their players is actually limited:

Eddy Curry (some teams: non-running teams that play half court and already have adequate D or more athletic other big man)

Quentin Richardson (some teams: as 6th man? willing to hope for rebound-season. Perhaps most likely trade as Balkman may end up starting if Qrich doesn't step up)

Davis Lee (some teams: looking for energetic role player, as 6th man? Probably too limited skill set to earn career as NBA starter with many teams)

EDIT: too many knicks have no value to other teams, but still have value for the Knicks, or have terribel contracts, i.e Marbury, Malik Rose, so will not get traded.

Last edited by Good Old Willy : 10-14-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:53 AM   #14
opm1s6
Can barely lace up my sneakers

yeah i'd rather not get anyone else. it just isn't worth getting rid of these young players. I'd rather develop them for at least another year and then trade them when they are actually worth something. anyway, none of the players out there do it for me.
opm1s6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:17 AM   #15
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Someone's garbage may turn out to be anther's treasure and vice versa:

Nobody would take Steve Francis' bad, bloated contract! Frye turned out to be a soft and disappointing player with the Knicks!

Zack Randolph was the only player in the NBA to average 23 PPG and 10 RPG last season!

So why would they trade ZeBo (and filler) for Frye and Francis? Sure Frye is not that bad and still may turn out to be a solid player -- or maybe not. Francis they bought out.

The answer is they were desperate to dump ZeBo for his off court behavior -- for almost anything.

So don't be so sure we won't be able to unload some of our junk again. Anyone want Jerome James for almost anyone or anything?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: