Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-19-2006, 05:10 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default LOL Cook got hurt playing D

LMAO maybe there is a reason cook shouldnt play D.

He got hurt blocking a shot. Should we still urge him to play D?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
LMAO maybe there is a reason cook shouldnt play D.

He got hurt blocking a shot. Should we still urge him to play D?

How did he get hurt? Did he land funny or?
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He blocked a shot and he dislocated his thumb doing it.

lol aint that sad?
Old 07-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #4
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

Give him props for playing some good D though. Do you know how long he is out for?
Old 07-19-2006, 06:01 PM   #5
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

"Brian Cook became the second Laker to undergo surgery in recent days after an urgent procedure Monday night to repair an open dislocation of the interphalangeal joint of his right thumb," writes Mike Bresnahan of the LOS ANGELES TIMES. "Cook was involved in a freak accident Monday while playing a pickup basketball game at the trendy Sports Club LA in West Los Angeles. The thumb on his right hand--his shooting hand--was torn open after he hit the backboard while blocking a shot."

http://www.nba.com/news/309525.html
Old 07-19-2006, 08:41 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SETH
Give him props for playing some good D though. Do you know how long he is out for?

I believe he will be back when training camp comes.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:51 PM   #7
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default cookie

Cook should be ok. If he plays good during training camp he might get some minutes this season.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:13 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Cook a SF?

I dont see him getting mins ahead of Turiaf, Odom, radman, and even mihm.

Hes a 3rd string on PF and 4th at center.

sux to be him
Old 07-20-2006, 01:39 AM   #9
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think cook will find his way in the rotation...he is an efficient shooter...51% last season!...anytime you got a guy who can put it consistently in the bucket will get minutes...his time will be cut from last season but i do believe he will play...he will play some power..bc radmon and lamar are natural 3's...
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 03:57 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
i think cook will find his way in the rotation...he is an efficient shooter...51% last season!...anytime you got a guy who can put it consistently in the bucket will get minutes...his time will be cut from last season but i do believe he will play...he will play some power..bc radmon and lamar are natural 3's...

Well it will all depend on radman's position.

But ihatetimthomas, would u actually put cook ahead of turiaf??
Old 07-20-2006, 04:15 PM   #11
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

I want to remind you that Cook will be playing for a contract. It's amazing how hard a player will play when he wants to get paid when the season ends. He may even be willing to defend someone and rebound the basketball. NBA players are inspired by contract years.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:35 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
I want to remind you that Cook will be playing for a contract. It's amazing how hard a player will play when he wants to get paid when the season ends. He may even be willing to defend someone and rebound the basketball. NBA players are inspired by contract years.

Usually I find players that are in their contract years performing like scrubs because they are nervous or w/e.

Devean George's regular season wasnt exactly the younger devean george we liked.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:40 PM   #13
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

hes lost his touch after last years injury
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:44 PM   #14
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Usually I find players that are in their contract years performing like scrubs because they are nervous or w/e.

Devean George's regular season wasnt exactly the younger devean george we liked.

You only watch lakers i assume again...you know devean george wasnt the only guy in the nba playing on a contract year...take a look at tim thomas...guy balled like crazy...look at mike james, best season of his career...bonzi wells, guy led 1st round of playoffs in rebounding at small forward!, al harrington, chris wilcox, jason terry, speedy claxton....i think you get my point...and about cook over turiaf...i think they will share minutes but until turiaf develops a more consistent offensive game, he wont be playing many more minutes than cook, i like turiafs energy and hustle but he still is pretty much a rookie, he was out most of last season, and he still needs to develop
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:07 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
You only watch lakers i assume again...you know devean george wasnt the only guy in the nba playing on a contract year...take a look at tim thomas...guy balled like crazy...look at mike james, best season of his career...bonzi wells, guy led 1st round of playoffs in rebounding at small forward!, al harrington, chris wilcox, jason terry, speedy claxton....i think you get my point...and about cook over turiaf...i think they will share minutes but until turiaf develops a more consistent offensive game, he wont be playing many more minutes than cook, i like turiafs energy and hustle but he still is pretty much a rookie, he was out most of last season, and he still needs to develop

I already explained I dont watch many other teams because lakers are the only team I actuall get to watch consistently.

Secondly It isnt just my opinion about the whole contract year crap some sports announcers talked about it. Some players play pretty horrible when it comes time for their contract year. Or it can be some stupid controversy.'
Kinda like Ben wallace and Shaq when he was with us. it wasnt a contract year but he wanted a very expensive extension and he never did anything for us to give him that extension
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: