Missed my draft, but here's the roster I ended up with...
10-team league, 14-man teams.
I missed the draft due to it being at like 4am my time, but IMO I actually ended up with one of the strongest teams:
PG Steve Nash
SG Brandon Roy
G Allen Iverson
SF Andrei Kirilenko
PF Lamar Odom
F David Lee
FC Drew Gooden
C Yao Ming
UTL Tony Parker
Bench - Marco Belinelli - this got me excited
Bench - Kyle Korver
Bench - Chris Webber
Bench - Daniel Gibson
Bench - Brad Miller
Now here are some of the moves/non-moves I've made:
- Right off the bat I was offered Kevin Martin if I gave up Brandon Roy, which I considered but ultimately declined.
- Dropped Chris Webber - too much of a ? for me, might not even end up playing this year.
- Picked up free agent Udonis Haslem as a replacement for what Webber might have given me - very similar stats and definitely more minutes this year.
- Dropped Daniel Gibson - didn't see a need for more than one 3-point specialist on the roster with Korver already in the fold.
- Picked up free agent Travis Outlaw - I felt the need for a do-everything forward to give me a little depth, and if he earns the starting SF spot in Portland or at least solid minutes, he's got every chance to finally have a breakout year.
- Just now I was able to swing a major trade. I gave up Allen Iverson and got back Gilbert Arenas. I can see how this might look like a lateral move to some, but I feel like in terms of fantasy value this gives me two of the top six or seven players, in Nash and Arenas.
I have to say I'm pretty satisfied. Any thoughts, opinions?