Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 08-06-2006, 11:17 PM   #1
Benjithonious
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Nuggets Not as Bad Off as Suggested.

Okay, I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading a lot of the opinions posted here and I have to say that I'm shocked by the overwhelming lack of loyalty the nuggets fans have for their players here. I realize that many people posting here aren't nugs fans and simply want to stir the pot, but for those of you claiming to be Nuggets fans, I ask you to take one more look at this team and realize all that we have going for us.

After a disappointing season, its natural to want your team to make some changes, but let's truly examine the situation:

1. We underachieved last year because of inconsistancy due to injuries.

2. If we come out healthy this year (Camby, Nene, Martin, etc.), even with the roster we have right now, without any trades, we win the Northwest Division and make the second round of the playoffs.

3. Trading away players like Miller, Boykins, Najera, etc. is in general a terrible idea unless we could somehow gather a marquee player like Iverson or a lights out three point shooter in return.

3a. These types of roll players who have tons of heart are what make
a decent team great. They have a lot of value here in Denver as well as around the league, and should not just be treated as bargaining chips.

4. We don't need to trade the foundation of our team for some washed up veteran second-tier talent with a bloated ego to become a contender. All we really need (if we stay healthy) is to cultivate a unity with the players we have, a perimeter shooter, and maybe a year or two.
Benjithonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:29 AM   #2
Makaveli

I totally agree with you
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:30 AM   #3
roth15syr
I brick open layups

As do I. The Nuggets don't need to make trades, they need to get some draft picks and draft to their needs and sign free agents which will really help them. Though unloading KMart's contract wouldn't be horrible just cuz I genuinely don't think he'll be able to stay healthy for more than 20-30 games at a time for the rest of his career. Though if AI and Korver somehow became available from the Sixers, I'd basically offer any 2 players besides Carmelo/Nene for them (Andre, KMart, Camby, Patterson). That's called one stop shopping boys and allows my boy Melo to go deep in the playoffs. AI, Korver, Melo, KMart, Nene=DOMINATION.
roth15syr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #4
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Melo gonna be crazy this year. He turned into the real Carmelo Anthony, before, he had no muscle. He looked more like Marshmelo Anthony. Coach K is having a really good influence on him it looks like...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
nuggetsoftruth

Default Heart & reward

You're right, but to help compliment that heart and nucleus we have we need to have a lights out shooter to help lift up the Nuggets' spirits and get them easy points when they have been working so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjithonious
Okay, I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading a lot of the opinions posted here and I have to say that I'm shocked by the overwhelming lack of loyalty the nuggets fans have for their players here. I realize that many people posting here aren't nugs fans and simply want to stir the pot, but for those of you claiming to be Nuggets fans, I ask you to take one more look at this team and realize all that we have going for us.

After a disappointing season, its natural to want your team to make some changes, but let's truly examine the situation:

1. We underachieved last year because of inconsistancy due to injuries.

2. If we come out healthy this year (Camby, Nene, Martin, etc.), even with the roster we have right now, without any trades, we win the Northwest Division and make the second round of the playoffs.

3. Trading away players like Miller, Boykins, Najera, etc. is in general a terrible idea unless we could somehow gather a marquee player like Iverson or a lights out three point shooter in return.

3a. These types of roll players who have tons of heart are what make
a decent team great. They have a lot of value here in Denver as well as around the league, and should not just be treated as bargaining chips.

4. We don't need to trade the foundation of our team for some washed up veteran second-tier talent with a bloated ego to become a contender. All we really need (if we stay healthy) is to cultivate a unity with the players we have, a perimeter shooter, and maybe a year or two.
nuggetsoftruth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: