Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #16
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahwhathesaid
Melo is not a cancer, shoots 47 percent, most clutch in the nba

Yeah he was pretty clutch in the playoffs :rollingeyes:
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:57 PM   #17
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
All offense, no defense, a choker, and a cancer. I will continue to hate. I hope he misses out on the US team. Should be down in the lake looking for his bronze.

1st of all how is he a choker? Not his fault he doesn't have a true second option or even someone who can shoot an open jumper on his team. He has simply played great defenses in the playoffs. Other than the first round exits, you can't say he's a choker with a straight face.

2nd his man to man D is better than Lebron or Wades.

3rd, what excuse do you have for calling him a cancer. He's taken sh*t from his teammates and not said anything. Taken sh*t from his coach and listened.

4th he didn't throw his bronze away fool.

5th he's a guy whos only 22 and one of the better players in the league, never missed the playoffs since coming in the league at 19. And he's the only reason for that and in a difficult West. Its not like he's got a lot of amazing players around him and even the ones you can make a case are that great (Kmart/Camby/Nene) are always on the bench hurt.

So sounds like a great franchise player to me, considering his team is actually winning and with his age. And stop making up reasons to be a hater, just say you hate him and move on
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:01 PM   #18
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

OK first off? Melo is not a cancer. He's been a winner absolutely everywhere he's gone despite having not too great a supporting cast. It's been good but not great. Nuggets were bottom of the league before him, he's added, they're in the playoffs. Granted it was a special situation, as all Melo can do is score and all that team needed to explode was a scorer. But still, he did lift them immeasurably and you can't take that away from him. Cancers don't improve teams like that I don't care what the situations. Marbury never has.

I remember having a debate with a Nuggets fan last year as to why Gil was better than Melo. Basically, I pointed out that Gil trounces Melo in every category despite having more offensive threats to pass to. And he pointed out that that is only because Melo plays significantly fewer minutes. My response: we should reward Melo for being out of shape?? Come on: Nuggets RELY on him night in and night out. They have no other SF and they have no other scorer. If he were in good enough shape he'd play until his legs fell off or he fouled out. They need him out there the entire time, and just because he's only in good enough shape to play 3/4 of the game or less his lower stats are therefore justified? People point to passing, shooting and attitude as Melo's greatest weaknesses. I disagree. The guy is a passable passer, just has no targets (oddly enough the best setshooter on that team is Marcus Camby) and isn't good at lobs which is how Andre manages his. His shooting has really improved and frankly I don't want him taking Js anyway. And his attitude, well... he had his issues in the Olympics, but I attribute that more to Coach Brown not believing in him. All his career he has prided himself on his coach and teammates relying on him and he's always come through... now all of a sudden, it's not like he's even a roleplayer, he's just straight up buried on the bench because he's a rookie. Would you be happy? I wouldn't.

No, his biggest problem is his fitness. He doesn't have the energy to play a whole game, to truly dominate, to attack the glass all game long, and to have enough left in the tank to crash the boards and man up. If he truly is in shape and can stay that way then look for his ceiling to skyrocket

Quote:
most clutch in the nba
Yeah, until he has to do it in the playoffs, then come the 0 for 8 fourth quarters.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:36 PM   #19
NugzFan
College superstar

Quote:
All offense, no defense, a choker, and a cancer. I will continue to hate. I hope he misses out on the US team. Should be down in the lake looking for his bronze.

yawn - welcome to 2006. none of those things apply anymore. typical hater ignorance.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:48 PM   #20
Zombles
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahwhathesaid
Melo is not a cancer, shoots 47 percent, most clutch in the nba

I'd still rather have Chris Paul.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:34 PM   #21
NugzFan
College superstar

thats fine. hes great but melo is a good player too. i dont think anyone is dissing paul.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:29 AM   #22
TonyJones
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
He does look like a shorter thicker version of Kwame, and maybe that's why I've developed this love-hate relationship with the player. I absolutely love his post game. But I absolutely hate everything else about him: the way he looks, the way he acts, his shot form, the team he plays on, the shoes he wears, whatever. But any SF who can work the post like can gets my love... as long as he doesn't start shooting jumpers again.

you don't like the way he looks? what should he do to improve the way he looks?
TonyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:40 AM   #23
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

having a facial expression other than tired boredom on his face 24/7 might help.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:44 AM   #24
JtotheIzzo
OOOHWEE Cleveland!!!

Quote:

Nonsense yet again from down under.

he only carried 'Cuse to an NCAA chip as a freshman, yes complete choker
falkin hell!
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #25
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Come on now. If Ced can't even watch NBA games, how can you expect him to watch NCAA games? Be reasonable.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:41 PM   #26
NugzFan
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
having a facial expression other than tired boredom on his face 24/7 might help.

hes always smiling. you are crazy.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:51 PM   #27
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

I can't stand Melo. Ever since he's came into the league he's been nothing more than an immature punk who'd rather keep it real and street than win games.

Last season he gained alot more respect from me for being mature and hitting all those clutch shots but he's got a long ways to go for me to put him on anything resembling list that's not called "players I love seeing fail." He's still little dog to me.

This is not a knock on nuggets fans, just a knock on Melo. Remember kids! Don't Snitch!!!
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:03 PM   #28
JohnnySic
green is good

Melo is good. A player who's game resembles Paul Pierce's in many ways cannot be bad.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:10 PM   #29
NugzFan
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
I can't stand Melo. Ever since he's came into the league he's been nothing more than an immature punk who'd rather keep it real and street than win games.

lol...when in reality all hes been doing is winning games.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:11 PM   #30
NugzFan
College superstar

yeah, hes fat.

haters lose again!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: