Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-20-2006, 06:48 PM   #31
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

This is his peak condition? that's the best shape I've ever seen him in, still got no definition on that chest.

Melo = fatty mcfatfat. face it.

I mean just think about how good Melo could be if he was truly in the best shape possible, I mean like boundless Energizer bunny. he'd be unstoppable in every aspect of the game. when I watch him he seems a lot like me: still manages to be really effective, but you can tell he's taking shortcuts to preserve his energy. I have to do that too; I don't run or train, I'd rather gouge my eyeballs out with an ice cream scooper, so when I get on the court I have to divvy up my energy into where it's most needed. so he's not going to things that aren't absolutely needed (aka, everything but scoring).
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:11 PM   #32
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
This is his peak condition? that's the best shape I've ever seen him in, still got no definition on that chest.

You're don't even know how to make sense anymore. He looks to be in better shape than most guys on that team, including your man crush Gil.

Just give it a rest, the man's not fat. You've probably got more fat on your puny little body.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #33
bill
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bill has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
3rd, what excuse do you have for calling him a cancer. He's taken sh*t from his teammates and not said anything. Taken sh*t from his coach and listened.

This was quite the b*tch move of Anthony's that I think soured a lot of people on him:

Quote:
CARMELO STILL A KID

Celebrated 19-year-old rookie Carmelo Anthony of the Denver Nuggets has fallen into a pattern of childish behaviour, apology, childish behaviour, apology, childish behaviour, apology. His most recent plea for forgiveness came after he refused to re-enter a game in Detroit last Friday with about six minutes to go. Anthony apparently was sulking after his teammates chastised him for taking bad shots.

"I apologized for quitting," Anthony said. "That's not me."

Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe, whose club has lost its firm grip on the eighth playoff spot in the West, was sympathetic toward his young star. "It's part of the growing process," Vandeweghe said. "Just about every great player goes through it every once in a while."

Oh really? Just one question, Kiki: Can you imagine Larry Bird or Michael Jordan or Isiah Thomas ever refusing to re-enter a game, regardless of how young they were?

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball...23/392720.html
bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #34
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Your insane if you think Melo has less body fat and more muscle then Arenas, Arenas is all muscle. I garuntee you Melo has more bodyfat on him then anyone on that team besides Brad Miller.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:22 PM   #35
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

It's ok Y2G. Everything's going to be alright.

I don't care if Melo is a stick figure, I'm still going to make fat jokes, because I don't like to move on, I don't really like him, and it's easy and fun. Still doesn't change my serious belief that so far in his NBA career he has not been in as good as a shape as he could. If he truly is in peak shape now, fine, watch me be proven correct and he proves to be an even better player.

And no, in all seriousness, Gil played 48 minutes per game in the playoffs, and played over 42 mpg during the regular season. There isn't much of anybody in this league in better shape than him, much less Burger King over in Denver. He was originally in high demand by colleges for track and field.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 07-20-2006 at 07:24 PM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:33 PM   #36
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
All offense, no defense, a choker, and a cancer. I will continue to hate. I hope he misses out on the US team. Should be down in the lake looking for his bronze.

i wouldn't consider melo a choker, even though he fell off a little bit in the playoffs... he was making game winners all season long, it seemed like he never missed one.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:33 PM   #37
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
It's ok Y2G. Everything's going to be alright.

I don't care if Melo is a stick figure, I'm still going to make fat jokes, because I don't like to move on, I don't really like him, and it's easy and fun. Still doesn't change my serious belief that so far in his NBA career he has not been in as good as a shape as he could. If he truly is in peak shape now, fine, watch me be proven correct and he proves to be an even better player.

And no, in all seriousness, Gil played 48 minutes per game in the playoffs, and played over 42 mpg during the regular season. There isn't much of anybody in this league in better shape than him, much less Burger King over in Denver. He was originally in high demand by colleges for track and field.

Gil in the best shape? Is it fact or fiction that his production tails off as the game goes on. Yeah he plays a lot of minutes, but more out of necessity not because he doesn't suffer at all from those minutes. And if you ask me, he's not very fast either. About as quick as Andre Miller and that's it.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:42 PM   #38
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Gil in the best shape? Is it fact or fiction that his production tails off as the game goes on. Yeah he plays a lot of minutes, but more out of necessity not because he doesn't suffer at all from those minutes. And if you ask me, he's not very fast either. About as quick as Andre Miller and that's it.

Where talking about Body fat, Melo has it and Arenas doesn't. I disagree with using Body fat as the sole means to judge fitness, but it is undeniable that Melo has a fair amount.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:01 PM   #39
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
Where talking about Body fat, Melo has it and Arenas doesn't. I disagree with using Body fat as the sole means to judge fitness, but it is undeniable that Melo has a fair amount.

Not that much, atleast not anymore. Certainly not a fair amount. And everybody has some, like Gilbert Arenas. He's not exactly rock solid
Old 07-20-2006, 08:04 PM   #40
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan

yeah, hes fat.

haters lose again!

Why do you have this pic? Rudy.................GAY!
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:14 PM   #41
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Not that much, atleast not anymore. Certainly not a fair amount. And everybody has some, like Gilbert Arenas. He's not exactly rock solid

Fatty McFatFat.

2 players in great shape.

Anthony wishes he was in shape like this guy.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:14 PM   #42
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
Yeah he was pretty clutch in the playoffs :rollingeyes:

Its understandable, he was stifled by the great defense of Quinton Ross
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:18 PM   #43
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Its understandable, he was stifled by the great defense of Quinton Ross

And he choked when it counted most. He had a more talented team and couldn't pull it.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:37 PM   #44
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

lol who said anything about peak. i was just proving haters wrong.

Quote:

face it, you are a melo hater and have NO idea what you are talking about.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:38 PM   #45
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
Your insane if you think Melo has less body fat and more muscle then Arenas, Arenas is all muscle. I garuntee you Melo has more bodyfat on him then anyone on that team besides Brad Miller.

i garuntee thats wrong.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: