Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-05-2007, 06:57 AM   #16
jimmyjames
Serious playground baller

Default Re: Thoughts on Marion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
The story about friction between Marbury and Stoudemire is bogus. Marbury was Stoudemire's biggest fan his rookie season. A week into training camp he was telling anyone who would listen that Stoudemire would be rookie of the year.
How are you going to tell me it was bogus when I follow the team very closely as it is my job to do so.(media)

Yes Steph did say some very nice things about Amare during his rookie year and he wasn't that far off on some of it but..... he was also still feuding with KG at the time and some of the things he said were a little outrageous... for example and I quote from Marbury "that comparing the two as rookies was like comparing Michael Jordan (Amare) to Mario Elie (KG)" He was still taking jabs at KG and that quote he made was definitely a dis toward KG that wasn't warranted.

Now to the Amare/Marbury feud it was well publicized....Amare went on record a few times questioning Marburys work ethic and his ego as which Marbury countered with the same claims toward Amare. Amare first went on record after a loss and told reporters that Marbury wasn't a true leader and that his lack of a strong work ethic was a bad example towards the team. My belief any many others who followed the team very closely is that Amare "the future star" had something to do with Marbury getting shipped to NY right after that very large contract extension. The Suns didn't give him that huge extension just so they could get rid of him. The 2 players have very large egos and it wasn't going to work..... just like Marbury and KG couldn't work. Marbury has a bad track record with his teammates. Now the last few years the Suns have been trying to deal the Matrix....there has been some turmoil between the 2 for some time now. Amare has a lot of pull with the Suns Front Office.
jimmyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:06 AM   #17
jimmyjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Wogu
you're right KO KING...i remember Marbury saying Stoudemire would be better than Garnett, and that Stoudemire was actually ahead of Garnett when comparing their progression in the early stages of their careers...They thought he was crazy for saying that back then, but it doesn't really seem so crazy now...KG's a better on the ball defender, but statistically and even in terms of the type of energy they bring their teams they're very similar
Did you remember the comparison he made Jordan/Elie? Like I said he wasn't to far off on some of the good things he said about Amare but he was basically dissing KG by using Amare by making the outrageous comparison. You may remember a few kind remarks that he made towards him but everybody that follows the team knows there was friction between the 2 that started that 2nd season.

Yes they bring the same type of energy but statistically they aren't not similar. They are 2 totally different players one is a finesse type of player while the other is a banger.....or was.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:08 AM   #18
jimmyjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
I wish I had something important to add to this thread but I don't.

You stole my avatar.

I had this avatar on another board along time ago....I didn't know anybody else had it here.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:07 AM   #19
Ben Wogu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lol, calm down...i just said they were similar statistically (both 20 and 10 guys) and in terms of the energy they bring their team...can you debate that?KG averages maybe 2 more boards and 2 more assist..i didn't say they were the same, nor was i trying to get into a KG/Amare debate, we're in the Knicks forum right?
Ben Wogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #20
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

Quote:
lol, calm down...i just said they were similar statistically (both 20 and 10 guys) and in terms of the energy they bring their team...can you debate that?KG averages maybe 2 more boards and 2 more assist..i didn't say they were the same, nor was i trying to get into a KG/Amare debate, we're in the Knicks forum right?

Garnett has career highs of 24/14/6/2/2

Randolph has career highs of 24/10/2/1/1

4 rebounds, 4 assists, and a block and assist are pretty large numbers. Not to mention his 53% vs. Randolph's 47%.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #21
Ben Wogu

lol...your funny...when did i ever bring up Zach Randolph?... somebody close this thread
Old 10-08-2007, 11:16 AM   #22
opm1s6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Lebron is a real long shot. Besides you still have these contracts:

Jeffries- 5 million
Crawford- 8 million
Randolph- 13 million
(And that's current salaries without the increase)

Not to mention re-signing David Lee, Balkman, and Curry. And that's also assuming we don't sign any players within this period or trade for any. And incoming rookies will add some more salaries.

It's not that I don't endorse that idea, but if we're going to really attempt to get James in 2010, let's not due a half-ass job. Lets keep contracts where they should be, not sign anymore ridciously high amount of players and stock pile on youth so they will be developed when Lebron comes.
wow what a theory!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Maybe even Wade, Carmelo, or Bosh would be other options (I think they all signed similar contracts, no?) But I really don't think Isiah or the Knicks are thinking next year, let alone 2010.

i'm not sure they're thinking at all, let alone about basketball. while I'd dream about LeBron, it's just like dreaming about MJ or Kobe in a knicks uniform. where did this idea come to you? was their an article or anything that spurred this on?
opm1s6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:25 AM   #23
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Marion is a perfect fit for our team. Much needed defensive presence. Good relationship with Steph. Unselfish player for a selfish team. Energetic and most importantly, He fills the one position we don't have anyone who can make an immediate impact @....SF
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:09 AM   #24
jimmyjames

Quote:
Yes I can debate that. You said statistically same.... lol now you say 20 -10? 2 more boards....2 more assists? lol you are way off on the stats but whatever....I just responded to that absurd post you made, no big deal.

Btw Amare isn't even a 20-10 player....
Old 10-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #25
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by opm1s6
wow what a theory!

i'm not sure they're thinking at all, let alone about basketball. while I'd dream about LeBron, it's just like dreaming about MJ or Kobe in a knicks uniform. where did this idea come to you? was their an article or anything that spurred this on?
Half of the moves Thomas has made in the last few years have all had indirect ties to LeBron and his circle of advisors. Plus, Thomas has structured the salary obligations in a way that a significant chunk of money will be available for the summer of 2010.

That coupled with the structure of LeBron's Nike contract leads me to believe LeBron is Thomas' endgame.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:33 AM   #26
Ben Wogu

Quote:
Quote:
lol, calm down...i just said they were similar statistically (both 20 and 10 guys) and in terms of the energy they bring their team

Quote:
Yes I can debate that. You said statistically same

lol...you quoted me saying they were "similar statistically" then tried to say I said they were "statistically the same"...hmmm, thats funny... And Amare averages 20 and 9 and plays with All Star caliber talent around him that competes deep into the playoffs each year, but I must be way off....haha
Old 10-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #27
Ben Wogu

Oh yeah, KG averages 7 more minutes per game...

is it fair yet to say they're similar statistically now?

I never said they were the same, just similar...THATS ALL
Old 10-14-2007, 05:58 AM   #28
jimmyjames

Quote:

ok....lol they are not even close to being similar statistically... haha even I know that, come on now.... don't post stupid things. I'll post both of their last years stats.... and you can tell me where they are similar. hahaha!

Oh and whats really funny is you stated they are both "20-10" guys. When did Amare become a 20-10 guy? lol Being close doesn't make you one.... that is like saying a certain player is an allstar even though they were never named an allstar.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:23 AM   #29
jimmyjames

Quote:

Ah... no.

Amare Stoudemire - 20.4 PPG, 9.6 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.9 SPG, 1.3 BPG

Kevin Garnett - 22.4 PPG, 12.8 RPG, 4.1 APG, 1.2 SPG, 1.7 BPG

Now if you don't believe that 3 more assists and 3 more rebounds are a big discrepancy then you are a fool. Last year Kevin Garnett was the best player on his team... the leader, Amare wasn't even the best player on his team last year and certainly isn't the leader of his team.

Now Jermaine O'Neal is a player that is similar to Amare statistically and in terms in the style of play.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:05 AM   #30
Ben Wogu

I saw all those stats....so why didn't you post that Garnett averages 7 more minutes per game? Cause that actually means Amare production is not that for off, and actually proves him to be just as efficient of a ball player as KG and even more so in the points department ... Amare also shot 57.5% from the field while KG shot 47.6%, thats a huge disparity if you want to speak of one

and wasn't Garnett really the only option in Minnesota? Did he not touch the ball every time down the floor because the offense had to be ran through him?...of course he's gonna average more assists, and points

Garnett is better than Amare, I never argued that,
from my first post till now all I've said is that they were similar statistically and in terms of the energy they bring their teams. that’s never changed

I never said they were the same

I'm not backing off what I said no matter how you try to twist it. Because its really not that absurd.

And here are their stats per 48 minutes,

Amare - per48 - Reb- 14.04 Pts. - 29.85 Ast. - 1.46 Blk - 1.96
KG - per48 - Reb- 15.05 Pts. - 27.22 Ast. - 4.98 Blk. - 2.01

I would hope KG would average more assists than Amare, figuring the Minnesota offense went through him every time down the court (except for when Ricky Davis fires an errant 21 ft. jumper on a 3-on-1 fastbreak, lol)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: