Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-16-2007, 09:39 AM   #31
jimmyjames
Serious playground baller

jimmyjames has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Thoughts on Marion?

Yes the FG% is a big disparity....Thanks for strengthening my argument. What does the 7 extra minutes prove?? That KG is on the court longer than Amare because he doesn't make as many stupid fouls that can and at times have cost his team. KG is a smarter player. Now this debate isn't about who is better or not.... it was started because you said they were statistically similar. Now I pointed out the big disparity in rebounds and assists... oh and in FG% thanks for bringing that up. Now your response is what..... the percentages per 48 minutes? : and KG averages more assists because he plays 7 more minutes? No he averages more assists because he is a better ball handler and passer. Amare is a terrible passer... watch a few Suns games and you will see what I said is the truth.

Your other argument is that KG has more assists because he is the only option, and the offense is ran through him?? You must be an idiot if you think that? Just answer this..... who is the better ball handler and passer? Now after you answer that maybe you will see why KG averages more assists.

How is it that KG averaged more assists when he played with good PG'S opposed to now when he is the only "option" and the offense is ran through him.... according to you.

Most of your points don't make any sense.

Last edited by jimmyjames : 10-16-2007 at 09:42 AM.
jimmyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #32
Ben Wogu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Ben Wogu has an OK reputation so far

what part of me saying KG is better than Amare did you not understand?

do you just like arguing?

your telling me how he's better at this and that....I know that...i didn't say he averages more assists because he plays more minutes, but when your the main option and you already get those many touches, wouldn't you expect that?....duuuuh, who doesn't know KG is a better a passer than Amare?, he's one of the best passing big men in the game HANDS DOWN.

oh yea, and the only good PG KG played with is Sam Cassel, unless you consider mike james, randy foye, and troy Hudson good PGs. I see them moreso as 2's trapped in a point guards body

and for the last time KG is better than Amare

I know your mad ...I can sense your tone...when you start calling people's posts "stupid" "absurd" and say "you must be an idiot to think..." I know your angry (you should read Crucial Conversations, there's a whole section on those tactics you just tried to employ, its a good read too). Even though it wasn't my purpose, I know I've struck a nerve but don't take it so personally its just basketball.

pz
Ben Wogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:41 PM   #33
jimmyjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Wogu
what part of me saying KG is better than Amare did you not understand?
What? lol This debate was about them being statistically similiar.... something you failed miserably to prove. You basically made yourself look like an idiot..... and yes you are twisting things now....

Quote:
your telling me how he's better at this and that....I know that...i didn't say he averages more assists because he plays more minutes, but when your the main option and you already get those many touches, wouldn't you expect that?....duuuuh, who doesn't know KG is a better a passer than Amare?, he's one of the best passing big men in the game HANDS DOWN.
Then why are you trying to argue that Amare gets less assists than KG because of less minutes and because KG is the main option? That makes absolutely no sense..... you sound like you are 14 years old. Here let me blow your whole theory up.....

Quote:
but when your the main option and you already get those many touches, wouldn't you expect that?
Zach Randolph, Jermaine O'Neal, Dirk Nowitzki..... these 3 players are the main option on their respected teams...... but they don't even average 3 assists per game, and 1 of them don't even have a legit PG on his team and the other 2 play with slightly above average PG's. Oh you are crying about me calling your posts stupid......: If you are worried about me hurting your feelings by calling your posts absurd and stupid then don't post stupid things at least if you do try to back up what your saying instead of twisting it into other stuff.

Quote:
oh yea, and the only good PG KG played with is Sam Cassel, unless you consider mike james, randy foye, and troy Hudson good PGs. I see them moreso as 2's trapped in a point guards body
Ok..... kid I guess Marbury wasn't any good huh?: Maybe I should point out he was a top 5 PG many of those years he was with KG.

Quote:
and for the last time KG is better than Amare
What does this have to do with the debate? You have yet to prove they are statistically similar..... the only thing you kept repeating was why KG stats are better and it is because of minutes and the fact he is a main option on his team....BLAH BLAH BLAH. hahahahaha!! That is why I call your posts stupid..... that has have to be the weakest argument for a player I have ever read on ISH. It wouldn't matter what the reason is.... the fact of the matter is the stats between the 2 have a large disparity.

Quote:
I know your mad ...I can sense your tone...when you start calling people's posts "stupid" "absurd" and say "you must be an idiot to think..." I know your angry (you should read Crucial Conversations, there's a whole section on those tactics you just tried to employ, its a good read too). Even though it wasn't my purpose, I know I've struck a nerve but don't take it so personally its just basketball.

pz
No I am not mad..... actually I am LMFAO!: I think I hurt your feelings by calling your posts stupid... I don't care. Maybe you are mad or frustrated because I called you on some bullshlt! I guess you thought you could make such a absurd post and no one would be the wiser.

Basically in a nutshell you made yourself look like a moron for posting that they are similar statistically....and not back up anything you are saying. I proved my point and backed up everything I said and gave reasons why, while you just tried to spin some other stuff off.

As far as you saying there are similar to 48 minutes per stat play.... that doesn't hold much weight because who is to say that Amare or any other player for that matter would still produce according to what the averages would dictate.

If we went by stats per 48 minutes instead of whole games then MJ wouldn't have as many scoring titles... figure that one out genius. Just so you know the scoring title and all other awards they give out aren't determined by any per 48 minutes but rather by whole production in game whether it be 30 min or 41 minutes.

How about I make a thread here in the main forum so everyone can read it and give their opinion on why YOU think they are similar statistically. I bet none will share you same opinion on it as you.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #34
jimmyjames

And before you try to spin this into something it isn't......why don't you just stick to trying to prove your original point? Stop trying to spin this into some other shlt...

Tell me where they are statistically similiar and which catagorey.... because between Points, Rebounds, Assists, FG%, Mins, there is a huge disparity. Remember trying to project what they might produce if the minutes were the same using that 48 min per game crap doesn't cut it. The NBA doesn't determine awards on relying on that to project any stats.

And if you feel the need to respond to my post try responding to the whole post..... you seem to take it upon yourself to only reply to certain parts.

Last edited by jimmyjames : 10-16-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:56 PM   #35
Ben Wogu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Ben Wogu has an OK reputation so far

hahaha, your sensitive
Ben Wogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:48 PM   #36
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

To me Kevin Garnett is the best pf in the league.Yes, better than Duncan. However, it isn't like Amare is light years behind him. H'es o KG but he's definitely a top 5 pf in the league.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: