Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #31
wally_world
M0derator

Default Re: Shawn Marion Needs to be Slapped? Any takers? Okay I'll Strike First.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Like the Cavaliers

Make sense to me if this fantasy trade would happen.

Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns 2 on 1 Trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~5&te= &cash=

Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players

Larry Hughes

Salary: $12,000,084 Years Remaining: 3

Drew Gooden

Salary: $6,453,416 Years Remaining: 2

Outgoing Players: Shawn Marion

Cleveland Cavaliers

Incoming Players

Shawn Marion

Salary: $16,440,000 Years Remaining: 2

Outgoing Players: Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden

Trade to Phoenix Suns

Larry Hughes- will progress in the run and gun system of the Phoenix Suns because he will be playing the no 2 position most of the time. While concentrate more on getting some pass break points via Nash assists. He is getting some all star numbers, when he is playing for the Washington Wizards because he is accustome in playing with a high octane offense.

Drew Gooden - a big men that is versatile on the floor and will help Amare Stoudemire in the rebounding department. He is almost averaging 9.0 RPG in the regular season while only playing 28.3 MPG.

Trade to Cavaliers

Shawn Marion- one of the most complete player in the NBA and the sidekick that Lebron James ever wanted since the Cavs drafted him in 2003. Marion would love to play with the current eastern conference champion and finally see his team make it in the NBA Finals.

Larry Hughes??? no thanks... neither do i want AK47 or Odom...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:05 PM   #32
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Default Re: Shawn Marion Needs to be Slapped? Any takers? Okay I'll Strike First.

This clown doesn't even deserve to be on a team with Steve Nash.

I agree, send him to some non-playoff team in the West and watch him fade into oblivion.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:10 PM   #33
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

oh and at 17 million a year Marion is a rip-off. The Suns are probably counting the days until they can drop his overpaid ass and bring in some young, athletic player that will put up similar numbers in their system for 1/4th the cost.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #34
johndough
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
oh and at 17 million a year Marion is a rip-off. The Suns are probably counting the days until they can drop his overpaid ass and bring in some young, athletic player that will put up similar numbers in their system for 1/4th the cost.

The ignorance in this thread is astounding.

Their system?Lol.

You think the Suns can go out and get another Shawn Marion?
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:28 PM   #35
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndough
The ignorance in this thread is astounding.

Their system?Lol.

You think the Suns can go out and get another Shawn Marion?

Shawn Marion wants to win an NBA Championship ring with another NBA Team. Playing with the Suns for one or 2 more season would not guarantee him instant success in the playoffs.

I cannot even foresee the Phoenix Suns making it in the NBA Finals; it has been proven 3 times in the post season that this team always come up short in the playoffs.

Suns just have talent in the regular season, but when it counts , they backs off and that talent slowly disappears. Beside team defense can win an NBA Championship as being proven by great champions in the NBA, while the Suns played mediocre defense in the playoffs.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 09-29-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:31 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

JtotheIzzo got owned. :
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:33 PM   #37
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
JtotheIzzo got owned. :

really? I think you are smarter than that Gobb. You must not be reading this thread properly. I'll reply to HTR drizzle in a second.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:53 PM   #38
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Chauncey Billups, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Jason Kidd, Mike Bibby, and Kirk Hinrich could all reasonably replace Steve Nash. The Suns system is based around pushing the ball quickly for transition baskets and ability to play the screen roll game in half-court sets.

Nash is an amazing player and deserves everything he's been awarded but to act as though he's doing something no one else can is foolish. The Suns would be just as dynamic with the above mentioned guys.

As for Amare I'm not even going to bother going into detail. On the break he's not even a wing filler, he's the trailer, and his half-court job is to move well on the interior and score from the post if covered one on one.

Amare; great player but again he can be replaced by a number of guys.

this is a load of crap. You are basically comparing players with similar skill sets to Nash and saying they could step in and do his job equally effectively.

Amare can be replaced by a number of guys? Who exactly? D-Ho? Yao? name another center who is better.

This above tripe is complete nonsense,and totally laughable, you're comparing two first team all NBA players and saying they aren't anything special...stfu? what about the rest of the league then, easily replaceable by D-Leaguers?
Quote:
I bring up Phoenix's national marketing strategy.

You call me a dumbass as you bring up salary and a Nike commercial?

Phoenix's national marketing strategy??? WTF are you talking about? Like you have any idea what that is, and like they even have a NATIONAL marketing strategy. Are they looking to sell season tickets to guys in Maine...you are completely talking out your ass. National marketing would be done by the league, not the individual teams. Do you work for the Suns? can you fil me in on their 'National Marketing Strategy' It is pretty hard to discuss this intelligently when you make sh*t up....honestly dude.

like I said before, respect is with the pay check. Have you not been watching sports for the last twenty five years? Guys want to be respected with pay.

MARION IS BY FAR THE HIGHEST PAID PLAYER ON THE TEAM.

THAT IS RESPECT.

Quote:

Actually, why am I even debating your point? I bring up the fact that many people on TV/print/internet continually say Nash is the only reason for Marion success, which simply is not the case. Your rebuttal is about wins and losses with no regard to the enviroment surrounding the team.
So Shawn should be mad at Phoenix and want to leave because he isn't 'respected' by TV/print/internet? That is the Suns, the guys who pay him the most, fault?
Sounds like a bit of a pus$y if he cant handle bad press...do you have a link to any of the claims you are making (all Nash no Marion), outside of a JoeyZaza post??? Didn't think so...

Quote:
You must seriously have an agenda cause I mentioned Nash twice my entire post and neither comment was even remotely negative. In fact, he wasn't even the subject in either comment.
you just said about half the starting PGs in the league could do his job. I think you proved to be a little biased.

Quote:
If up until this point Marion's complaint's have been the fact he never gets a play called for him and the marketing department no longer includes him in big marketing schemes how is respect about cash and cash only?

tell me more about the marketing department...I love it when you talk out your ass...honestly dude, you have absolutely no idea how they market, admit it, you dont. You dont work there, you dont sit in on meetings, yet you throw it out there like you are Steve Kerr or something.

is this an example of anti-Marion marketing?

tell me more, I love a good conspiracy. Those damn Suns, keeping this poor boy down by paying him the most money...damn them and their 'marketing schemes.'

Do you even have any idea how marketing works?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:10 PM   #39
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
this is a load of crap. You are basically comparing players with similar skill sets to Nash and saying they could step in and do his job equally effectively.

Amare can be replaced by a number of guys? Who exactly? D-Ho? Yao? name another center who is better.

This above tripe is complete nonsense,and totally laughable, you're comparing two first team all NBA players and saying they aren't anything special...stfu? what about the rest of the league then, easily replaceable by D-Leaguers?

Phoenix's national marketing strategy??? WTF are you talking about? Like you have any idea what that is, and like they even have a NATIONAL marketing strategy. Are they looking to sell season tickets to guys in Maine...you are completely talking out your ass. National marketing would be done by the league, not the individual teams. Do you work for the Suns? can you fil me in on their 'National Marketing Strategy' It is pretty hard to discuss this intelligently when you make sh*t up....honestly dude.

like I said before, respect is with the pay check. Have you not been watching sports for the last twenty five years? Guys want to be respected with pay.

MARION IS BY FAR THE HIGHEST PAID PLAYER ON THE TEAM.

THAT IS RESPECT.

So Shawn should be mad at Phoenix and want to leave because he isn't 'respected' by TV/print/internet? That is the Suns, the guys who pay him the most, fault?
Sounds like a bit of a pus$y if he cant handle bad press...do you have a link to any of the claims you are making (all Nash no Marion), outside of a JoeyZaza post??? Didn't think so...

you just said about half the starting PGs in the league could do his job. I think you proved to be a little biased.

tell me more about the marketing department...I love it when you talk out your ass...honestly dude, you have absolutely no idea how they market, admit it, you dont. You dont work there, you dont sit in on meetings, yet you throw it out there like you are Steve Kerr or something.

is this an example of anti-Marion marketing?

tell me more, I love a good conspiracy. Those damn Suns, keeping this poor boy down by paying him the most money...damn them and their 'marketing schemes.'

Do you even have any idea how marketing works?

nice
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:31 PM   #40
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

There is clearly no point in continuing to debate this with you.

You are just including ad hominem rebuttals (my comments on marketing strategy) and straw man tactics (my point about the skills needed for the Suns system) to simply re-type everything I already made a counterpoint to.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #41
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

I think some posters here are missing the point.
Yes, Marion makes the most money, but that does not define respect.

He has been the with the Suns longer than Nash, longer than Amare. Over the past couple seasons, they have been trying to trade him.

So put yourself in his shoes. He is giving his all for them (yes, he's gettin' paid), yet they are trying to move him. He has been in Phx so long he has roots there. Yet they keep trying to move him. I think you, too, would feel unwanted. Disappointed. It must be hard to be passionate for a team that keeps trying to move you.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:45 PM   #42
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
I think some posters here are missing the point.
Yes, Marion makes the most money, but that does not define respect.

He has been the with the Suns longer than Nash, longer than Amare. Over the past couple seasons, they have been trying to trade him.

So put yourself in his shoes. He is giving his all for them (yes, he's gettin' paid), yet they are trying to move him. He has been in Phx so long he has roots there. Yet they keep trying to move him. I think you, too, would feel unwanted. Disappointed. It must be hard to be passionate for a team that keeps trying to move you.

Nice
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #43
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Seriously though, if you're Shawn Marion, you whine for a trade AFTER Steve Nash is over the hill and your chances of winning go down the crapper. Until then, STFU, enjoy the weather and being in serious contention for the title every year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
What a falkin little baby, I mean honestly, lets look at the facts here, lets examine why this ugly jumpshoted, hair painting fool is crying like a little school girl with a skinned knee:

-woe is me, I only get 17 million dollars a year.
-woe is me, I only get to live in a city that has fabulous weather 12 months a year.
-woe is me, I only get to play for a team that goes deep in the playoffs every year.
-woe is me, I get to play with two guys who take more heat when we lose.
-woe is me, I am in a system that maximizes my potential.
-woe is me, I am too much of a mental midget to handle the reality that other teams use me in trade rumors. I'd rather feel sorry for myself.
-woe is me, pay attention to me, I am special.

whoa Shawn! stfu already.

I hope Phoenix trades his ass to Minnesota or Milwaukee or Atlanta or something. that'll falkin learn him.

Him and AK-47 need to go cuddle with each other, maybe that will make them stop feeling sorry for each other. I love the fact that they are in trade rumors together.

hey, how about a mental midget for a crybaby? Hmm...let me think about it.

I hate p*ssies.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:48 PM   #44
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

I would become an instant Warriors fan if this happened.

"And now introducing, at 6'7", playing Center for the Golden State Warriors, SHAWN MARION!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
i'm still crossing my fingers that don nelson makes a move for him and then forces him to play center on the runningest, gunningest, no-d-playingest, 6' 8" and under team ever.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:49 PM   #45
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

:

You wish. Larry Hughes is untradeable and useless. Drew Gooden looks lost in a grinding half court offense. You think he can run and gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Like the Cavaliers

Make sense to me if this fantasy trade would happen.

Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns 2 on 1 Trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~5&te= &cash=

Phoenix Suns

Incoming Players

Larry Hughes

Salary: $12,000,084 Years Remaining: 3

Drew Gooden

Salary: $6,453,416 Years Remaining: 2

Outgoing Players: Shawn Marion

Cleveland Cavaliers

Incoming Players

Shawn Marion

Salary: $16,440,000 Years Remaining: 2

Outgoing Players: Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden

Trade to Phoenix Suns

Larry Hughes- will progress in the run and gun system of the Phoenix Suns because he will be playing the no 2 position most of the time. While concentrate more on getting some pass break points via Nash assists. He is getting some all star numbers, when he is playing for the Washington Wizards because he is accustome in playing with a high octane offense.

Drew Gooden - a big men that is versatile on the floor and will help Amare Stoudemire in the rebounding department. He is almost averaging 9.0 RPG in the regular season while only playing 28.3 MPG.

Trade to Cavaliers

Shawn Marion- one of the most complete player in the NBA and the sidekick that Lebron James ever wanted since the Cavs drafted him in 2003. Marion would love to play with the current eastern conference champion and finally see his team make it in the NBA Finals.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: