Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-19-2006, 10:56 PM   #1
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default Bynum vs Mihm

After showing off his performance in the Summer League, I think Andrew Bynum deserves some good 20 minutes. But is that too much Mihm needs playing time. So who do you guys think will be there 2nd string center.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:25 PM   #2
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
After showing off his performance in the Summer League, I think Andrew Bynum deserves some good 20 minutes. But is that too much Mihm needs playing time. So who do you guys think will be there 2nd string center.

I think Bynum will be on the bench again. Remember he is only 18. He has loads of potential and working with Kareem has made him way better. He is still growing and I think they will give him another year to improve and grow as a player. I can see him getting between 10-20 minutes. What do the rest of you think?
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:39 PM   #3
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

I doubt he'll get 20 minutes per game. He could hardly survive back to back games in the summer league. He'll probably get around 10 minutes per game. He'll get most of his minutes when Mihm/Kwame is injured or in foul trouble. But he should be a good back-up and provide some good low-post scoring and maybe even some shot blocking.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:43 PM   #4
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

OliverThizz has an OK reputation so far

I hope Bynum gets more playing time. The Lakers made them their selection in the draft for a reason; he is their future center. He definitely has a lot more heart and puts more emotion into his game than both Mihm and Kwame. He has game and deserves a chance. Im not a believer in the idea that sitting on the bench gives you experience. Playing in the game gives you experience. Hopefully, he will get a bigger role this year. Mihm has always been soft. I remember him in college at Texas. He is a solid back up though. Kwame started to finally come into his own at the end of last season so I look forward to him doing some good things this year, but I thinkBynum will work his way into getting more time than Mihm by the end of the season.
OliverThizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:48 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All three of our centers will get Playing time as I heard Phil Jackson say he will use chris as a power forward more.

He wouldnt be bad at it, he is a pretty decent jump shooter and is pretty fast.

that would be good.

But important note chris is still severely injured so either way it will be fair for him and the others.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:02 AM   #6
Czar
I airball my layups

Czar has an OK reputation so far

Why don't you guys use Mihm for trading bait for more talented players?
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:49 AM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't see how Mihm could contribute as a power forward... he's a post player. So, I am not sure how all three are going to get minutes. Then again, we are all banking that Kwame has improved and will keep his starting spot.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:25 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

But he can also shoot pretty far. He might not be a good dribbler but he's athletic enough to be a PF.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:38 AM   #9
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
But he can also shoot pretty far. He might not be a good dribbler but he's athletic enough to be a PF.

You (or the Lakers) would have to prove that one to me... sorry, I just dont see it.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:35 AM   #10
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCAlMike
You (or the Lakers) would have to prove that one to me... sorry, I just dont see it.

I wouldnt go as far as saying hes athletic enough to be a power...kwamw is athletic enough but i think mihm is better fitted at center...but id id see him start to develop a decent mid range for a center....he also has a nice shot hook
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:13 AM   #11
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by thonkoboy
bynum sucks hes never gonna be a superstar when did a superstar ever get 1 ppg?

go away troll
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:01 AM   #12
SoCalMike

Bynum's value is not yet determined. The guy has hardly played any hoop in his life and with that, he's got great talent! Heck, he's not even played in 100 games, and he's playing in the NBA!

Lets give him a couple of years and then make that judgement!
Old 07-23-2006, 12:01 PM   #13
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

thonkoby... ...let us put something in perspective for you.
Bynum is the youngest player to EVER play in the NBA. He now has one season under his belt. If he was drafted THIS year, he would STILL be the youngest player in the draft. If he was drafted NEXT year, he would be about the 3rd youngest in THAT draft.
Give a kid some time for crying out loud!
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:08 PM   #14
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

PG: Smush
SG: Kobe
SF: Odom
PF: Mihm
C: Kwame
That would be a good lineup
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #15
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Kwame Brown is athletic enough to defend the 4. He can play in the paint on offense and defend the 4 on defense. Mihm can play further away from the basket on offense and guard the center spot. If they keep Mihm, this is how I see it playing out.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: