Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #16
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Default Re: Arenas runs mouth again: "...Boston isn't winning in Boston for the season opener

Cajones ... makes the game fun, LOVE IT. Wish more athletes were candid like this.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #17
Hawker
Banned

Default Re: Arenas runs mouth again: "...Boston isn't winning in Boston for the season opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
No, whats wrong with the NBA is that they're giving out MVPs to players who cant lead their team past the 8th seed.

so that's why you hated on the mavs...b/c kobe didnt get the MVP. It all makes sense now.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:16 PM   #18
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
I don't see how any real basketball fan can stand this guy. He's a loser and he doesn't have respect for the game. Making bets during games, making predictions on his shot attempts---the guy is a complete joke. Pretty soon no one will be watching the NBA if idiots like him continue to dominate the headlines instead of guys like duncan, dirk, and garnett who respect the game.

i guess Larry Bird didn't respect the game either. he ran his mouth every interview he could. Bird would be interviewed by the local stations before the games in every city. He'd always ask what the scoring record in that building was because he was getting ready to destroy it and make every single fan cry.

stop trying to be so serious.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:16 PM   #19
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
How is he not respecting the game? By having fun?

There's a difference between having fun, and making bets with fans, predicting wins, and making a complete ass of yourself. Gilbert is doing the latter of the two. He is making a complete mockery of the Celtics and the NBA.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:16 PM   #20
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
How is he not respecting the game? By having fun?

by disrespecting guys like mcmillian and coach K. and going out and saying he uis going to take 50 shots, when its a team sport. He's a joke. Completely worthless player.
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #21
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

I'm adding that game to my "to watch" list. If he hadn't said that, I probably wouldn't have.

Arenas is great. I don't know what you partypoopers are complaining about. And btw, john, he made that prediction because of what the Celtics did to him. They treated him like **** so he wants to pay them back. Well, by now the Celts should know what a huge mistake they made. Soon, they'll realize it even more when he scores 100 on 'em... lmao.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:18 PM   #22
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Default Re: Arenas runs mouth again: "...Boston isn't winning in Boston for the season opener."

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
http://www.nba.com/blog/gilbert_arenas.html

This guy has such an enormous chip on his shoulder it's unreal.

I hope he shoots about 2/19 trying to guarantee this promise and gets shelled. F*ck, he's annoying. Everytime I read him talking more sh*t, I'm reminded of that Adidas commercial where he talks about not being bitter. It's ironic because nobody else alive can be as bitter and harbor as huge of a grudge as this guy. Someone on the other board said Arenas should be fined $50,000 every time he makes one of these stupid guarantees and doesn't follow through.

Don't worry about it... it's just talk. After the Wizards lose, he'll make up some excuse and things will be back to normal.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:18 PM   #23
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
Cajones ... makes the game fun, LOVE IT. Wish more athletes were candid like this.

The game is already fun on its own. if the NBA wants to make the sport fun, it should quit giving out handouts to star players and making bs calls that change games, and become a legitimate sport. It already has amazing athletes on it own who make it exciting.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #24
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Don't worry about it... it's just talk. After the Wizards lose, he'll make up some excuse and things will be back to normal.

Celtics fans getting cocky. I hate this.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #25
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

What do you call Gilbert?
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #26
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
this might sound completely absurd to you, but theres people out there who watch basketball for basketball, and not to see some idiot sideshow clown stealing headlines from dedicated athletes.

If you're watching bball for bball, then you shouldn't even be paying attention to Arenas' off court antics.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #27
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

Yeah. What I find ironic is that the people who don't like Arenas are countering his prediction with a prediction of him losing badly... lmao. Go figure.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #28
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
What do you call Gilbert?

"a student of Larry Bird"
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #29
artificial
:-P

This automatically elevates slightly the ratings of the game. And he clearly is having fun.

I usually don't like overconfident pricks, but this doesn't seems like the case. :)
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #30
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
"a student of Larry Bird"

except one of them is good and the other guy sucks.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: