Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-29-2007, 07:29 PM   #31
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

Default Re: Arenas runs mouth again: "...Boston isn't winning in Boston for the season opener

Without all of Gilbert Arenas's comments, the NBA would have had lower ratings.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #32
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default Re: Arenas runs mouth again: "...Boston isn't winning in Boston for the season opener."

It's all fun and games. Not a big deal at all. It's a LONG season, and we already have enough robotic player in this league who don't speak their mind. I think it's cool if he wants to get some friendly banter going back and forth.........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:32 PM   #33
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Arenas runs mouth again: "...Boston isn't winning in Boston for the season opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
except one of them is good and the other guy sucks.

How does Arenas suck? Have you ever seen him play? Where was Washington when Arenas hadn't arrived yet? What happened to Washington when he went down? Exactly... Maybe you don't know how to evaluate NBA talent, but this guy is good. His work ethic is incredible. He works on his shot constantly and he makes the game interesting. Maybe you are saying that Muhammad Ali was cocky and annoying also. Larry Bird was a fa-g for doing it wasn't he? Also, don't get me started on Barkley.

Learn to understand that Arenas is one of the only players in the league that can think for themselves. Drones are not exactly exciting.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:33 PM   #34
raid09
Local High School Star

The truly sad thing is that if a player like LeBron, Kobe, **** even Dirk said this, the same people that say, "the game needs more players like this," would be riding him like no other.

Further proof that Gilbert is the joke of the NBA. Nobody takes him seriously because nobody sees him as a threat to their team. He's a chucking combo guard who will never win anything significant. Because of this, he will stick to his "underdog" facade even though he's become overrated, and will use that to justify why he says what he says.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:33 PM   #35
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Celtics fans getting cocky. I hate this.

Wow, Celtics fans getting called out by Laker fans for cockiness... Don't know what to say.

You think we're going to have a lot of trouble against the Wizards?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #36
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid09
The truly sad thing is that if a player like LeBron, Kobe, **** even Dirk said this, the same people that say, "the game needs more players like this," would be riding him like no other.

Further proof that Gilbert is the joke of the NBA. Nobody takes him seriously because nobody sees him as a threat to their team. He's a chucking combo guard who will never win anything significant. Because of this, he will stick to his "underdog" facade even though he's become overrated, and will use that to justify why he says what he says.

this statement is so perfect that i won't have to make another post in this thread
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #37
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Wow, Celtics fans getting called out by Laker fans for cockiness... Don't know what to say.

You think we're going to have a lot of trouble against the Wizards?

Just a little Celtics hate. Don't get so defensive. But don't think the Celts are just gonna run the league.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #38
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
this statement is so perfect that i won't have to make another post in this thread

But you will cause you like spreading gayness everywhere including that gay avatar.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #39
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly

You think we're going to have a lot of trouble against the Wizards
?

you kids are ridiculous. its the regular season.....the VERY START of the regular season for that matter. anyone can get crushed by anyone.

didn't the awful Celtics beat Chicago opening night of 97?? i figured you would remember that....
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #40
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid09

This coming from someone who bricks open layups.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:49 PM   #41
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
http://www.nba.com/blog/gilbert_arenas.html

This guy has such an enormous chip on his shoulder it's unreal.

I hope he shoots about 2/19 trying to guarantee this promise and gets shelled. F*ck, he's annoying. Everytime I read him talking more sh*t, I'm reminded of that Adidas commercial where he talks about not being bitter. It's ironic because nobody else alive can be as bitter and harbor as huge of a grudge as this guy. Someone on the other board said Arenas should be fined $50,000 every time he makes one of these stupid guarantees and doesn't follow through.

Co-sign
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:58 PM   #42
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
you kids are ridiculous. its the regular season.....the VERY START of the regular season for that matter. anyone can get crushed by anyone.

didn't the awful Celtics beat Chicago opening night of 97?? i figured you would remember that....

They won by seven. A young Antoine Walker with 31/8/5.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #43
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Why do people get mad at him for running his mouth? It's the media... it's entertainment. He adds something different to the NBA; I like his witty and self-confident statements. He brings entertainment and something to talk about.
Quote:
This coming from someone who bricks open layups.
You airball yours.
Quote:
How does Arenas suck? Have you ever seen him play? Where was Washington when Arenas hadn't arrived yet? What happened to Washington when he went down? Exactly... Maybe you don't know how to evaluate NBA talent, but this guy is good. His work ethic is incredible. He works on his shot constantly and he makes the game interesting. Maybe you are saying that Muhammad Ali was cocky and annoying also. Larry Bird was a fa-g for doing it wasn't he? Also, don't get me started on Barkley.

Learn to understand that Arenas is one of the only players in the league that can think for themselves. Drones are not exactly exciting.
Just ignore him, he's immature. He doesn't like Arenas, Iverson, Yao, McGrady or Marbury. But he loooooves Dirk.

Last edited by Richie2k6 : 09-29-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #44
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
I don't see how any real basketball fan can stand this guy. He's a loser and he doesn't have respect for the game. Making bets during games, making predictions on his shot attempts---the guy is a complete joke. Pretty soon no one will be watching the NBA if idiots like him continue to dominate the headlines instead of guys like duncan, dirk, and garnett who respect the game.

blabla bla **** that bullcrap and go watch eurogames.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #45
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Lol I can already see it
Arenas getting booed then Celtics Wizards have a rivalry
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: