Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 07-29-2006, 12:13 PM   #1
CVMerlot954
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default In CP3 We Trust,....

What does next season hold for this rising star? The numbers he had last year as a rookie, were amazing,.. How can he improve anymore,.? Is there room for improvement? Sure there is. There's always room for improvement. He can work on his 3-point shooting. That's the only thing I think, he needs to work on. If he improves that, that will open the post for D.West to operate. CP3, R. Bulter, & Peja at the 3. Chandler roaming, setting picks, cutting to the basket, etc.

I didn't like the trade because, but there's very few true centers in the league, so I guess whenever you get a chance to get one, you get him. He rebounds, blocks shots, and shoot only when he's in his range. His numbers should go up. In Chi-town, he average 24 minutes a game. In NO, he should get 33+ minutes.

I hope this off-season, Chandler should work on his post moves, jump shot up to 18 feet, and free throws. At least try to learn the driving jump hook shot. It's easy. Take 3 or 4 dribbles towards the hoop or in the lane, and jump, and shoot a hook.

Chandler, you're 7'1 & 235. You've got board, but narrow shoulders, I don't see you getting any bigger. Use your quickness and length. Chances of your hook shot getting blocked are small. If you get doubled, pass it out from where you got doubled. If you miss the shot, you're the first to know, and should be first for rebs. With all the money you making, I don't think a running jump-hook shot is too much to ask for, and develop. Otherwise, Hilton will slowly be chipping away your minutes.

CP3 is 6 feet, and getting 5 rebs a game while playing point. Cotdaymun!!! That is madness. This man comes to play every night. Not too many point guards get as many rebs a night.

Here's his stats from espn,..
PPG 16.1 | APG 7.8 | SPG 2.2 | REB 5.1

As is, I think he's perfect!! If his numbers go up, I'm gonna be freaking out!! And guess what!! I'm already there!!! I can't see why his numbers won't go up. He has a shooter in Peja to increase his assist by 2 or 3. And because of Peja, he'll get doubled less when he drives. His points might go up or down, because Peja is an all-star type of player. He's a shooter. CP3 care more about his dimes than points. I wish more point guards were that way.

Bobby Jackson is a great backup for CP3. When he's coming off the bench, you know what you're going to get. He's out to score. I think that's a good counter-opposite for a pure point.

I wish J.R. was never traded. I think he's going to blossom in Denver. Get more PT. He has the tools & talent to be above-average 2-guard. But for whatever reason, he couldn't play the way Bryon wanted.

Last edited by CVMerlot954 : 07-29-2006 at 12:19 PM.
CVMerlot954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Crhis Paul is great, he will lead the hornets to the 7th or 8th seed
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:44 PM   #3
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

im not even goin to front, i didnt think he was this good. i saw him play in college i said to myself he could alright in the league but i didnt think he would be an all-star type player. wow was i wrong.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:00 AM   #4
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

I can see him putting up 20ppg 10 apg and 6 rpg. He is going to be the next top point guard in the league.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:20 PM   #5
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

paul is going to enter the lebron/KG/Kidd category=threat to drop a triple double every night
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:37 AM   #6
wally_world
M0derator

he can't rebound that well...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:59 AM   #7
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

He's going to be great, but I don't see him putting up numbers like 20-24 ppg cause his more of a playmaker (and if Peja doesn't score), not a scorer. Sure, he has the potential and (maybe) skills to put 20 ppg, but I see him making his teamates better and controlling the game. His going to get something like 18 ppg, 10 apg, 5 bpg.

Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #8
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac
He's going to be great, but I don't see him putting up numbers like 20-24 ppg cause his more of a playmaker (and if Peja doesn't score), not a scorer. Sure, he has the potential and (maybe) skills to put 20 ppg, but I see him making his teamates better and controlling the game. His going to get something like 18 ppg, 10 apg, 5 bpg.

5 bpg? :stupid: I am hoping you meant rebounds per game.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:53 AM   #9
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
5 bpg? :stupid: I am hoping you meant rebounds per game.

Jep, my bad, I ment 5 rpg
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:29 PM   #10
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

I wonder what paul would be like with a dominant big man? Someone like Shaq, Duncan, Brand, or somone in that category. IMO: Paul + Peja (Shooter) + Dominant Big Man (maybe Chandler can develop into one) + LockDown Defender (Bowen, Artest, Hassell, Stevenson, etc.) = Championship
Old 08-24-2006, 05:14 PM   #11
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Chris Paul makes the Hornets future look very bright. One of my favourite point guards. Watch out this guy is the real deal.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:19 PM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

totally good move by scott and upper management he is awesome.Chandler is a bum though you guys got screwed in that trade the bulls have been trying to turn him into real big for years and he just dosent bang well and now he is in west he is screwed.J.r. was getting good as sixth amn maybe could of started in like year or so but now he is getting to fight for division titles and maybe a ring?
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:49 AM   #13
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapsfan4life
Chris Paul makes the Hornets future look very bright. One of my favourite point guards. Watch out this guy is the real deal.

TRUE.........CP3 is the real deal.....this guy is insane....i predict that he will lead the leauge in triple doubles.......any arguements??
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:11 AM   #14
AKADS
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
TRUE.........CP3 is the real deal.....this guy is insane....i predict that he will lead the leauge in triple doubles.......any arguements??
A player named Lebron. CP is the best young point and will get some triple doubles but Lebron will win this category for a long time to come
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:02 PM   #15
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

paul is a good rebounder...for a guard. He is never going to average more than 6-6.5-7 rebounds and thats being very nice. Lebron will win triple doubles every year till he gets old starting this year, barring KG turns into his old self.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: