Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 05:51 AM   #31
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,791
Default Re: 07-08...Bulls or Cavs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
Dude, this post makes you look like a grade-school equivelant of BULLS. Your arguments are similar to what he would write. Why would you fire a coach that was almost Coach of the Year? How are the Bulls one hit wonders? Cleveland have nothing behind LeBron, If you switched their playoff seeds, Bulls would probably have had the same success, difference is they would not get swept in the NBA finals, because they have more pieces, rather than just being a one-man show. I like how you only mention Wallace by name as you have nothing on the rest of the team. Who do Cavs have that could completely shut down Shaq and sweep the defending champs. He did exactly what he is paid to do. Feel free to reply with insults and call me a piece of sh!t like you usually do. Why are all LeBron homers complete idiots that can't realise that their other 11 players suck?


The Miami Heat played poorly as a team in the 1st round of the playoffs if a 6'7 Ben Wallace and Bulls team defense can hold on againts Shaq. The Cavs have a better defensive frontline than the Bulls and we do the same thing againts D-Whistle and the Big Aristotle. We shut down them and sweep them in the 1st round of the Playoffs.

People underrate our team because we just made some minor acquisition this summer but people should remember that we end a Dynasty in the Eastern Conference Finals and our last 2 games againts the Spurs in the NBA Finals is highly competitive.

We do not expect to make it in the NBA Finals in the 1st place and Lebron just take this team to another level.

I wish we can face the Bulls in the 1st round of the playoffs and do the honor of eliminating them early so that people like Dengness can shut the hell up.

In the Cavs latest roster development

Cavs also added some youth and experience in our team by adding Devin Brown and Cedric Simmons while getting rid of David Wesley and possibly Sasha Pavlovic.

Cavs acquired Cedric Simmons, who has nice potential to be a nice post player. Nice future prospect for no cost at all.

They also signed FA Devin Brown, who has shown good skills before while playing for the Spurs and New Orleans Hornets.

One average/decent scorer for the guards, who is younger then Wesley and better right now, plus another big who has potential, all that for nothing.

Cavs are on a roll in surrounding James with talent than can really play for the Cavs, these two provide nice insurance in case they can't sign Varejao or Pavlovic for any reason.

Respect the Eastern Conference Champion and remember the Cavaliers are 11 wins- 4 losses againts the Chicago Bulls in their regular season match up since Bron was drafted by the Cavs in 2003.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 09-30-2007 at 06:05 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:06 AM   #32
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over
 
Manute for Ever!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Singapore, via Australia
Posts: 9,301
Default Re: 07-08...Bulls or Cavs?

What happens to the Cavs if LeBron gets injured? You could take out any of the Bulls front court and they would barely skip a beat because they have the depth to cover it and don't rely on one player.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:08 AM   #33
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell
 
Dengness9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Windy City
Posts: 4,115
Default Re: 07-08...Bulls or Cavs?

[quote=Lebron23]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9


Thanks


The Cavaliers offense will greatly improve because of the addition of an assistant coach, who will help Mike Brown in designing some offensive plays for our team.

the offense will greatly improve because of a head coach!!!! That is the dumbest **** you could have ever wrote. I hope you believe that bull****, it honestly made me laugh the first time i read it.

Cardinal rule in basketball " Never Underestimate the Heart of the Champion".

Once you go up, only one way to go and that is down, it's not fun when everyone is gunning for your team. Just wait

Cavs are the defending eastern conference champion like it or not you unbelievers are in for a huge awakening next season. Just respect our team because all of you will be witness at start of the lebron era next year. We are the 4th best fefensive team in the NBA during the regular season and we are the no.1 or 2 teams in getting the numbers of 2nd chance points. Beside our frontline can compete againts the Bulls mix of young and old talent.

Yeah without Varejao to scrap you aren't gonna have anywhere near the 2nd chance points. And by the way the Bulls opp fg% rank was second this past year and 1 the previous 2 years before that. And as i said in the thread already, the Bulls were the League's leading rebounding team. Your frontline, can compete for **** against the Bulls, Lebron is the only one who can compete. You have 1 man. If you compare Cleveland and Chicago's roster, Lebron is the best player, but then the bulls have the next 5 to 6 best players between the two teams. Deng, Hinrich, Wallace, Gordon, Nocioni are all better than anyone else on your roster, and Tyrus next year if not this year could be better than everyone on your team but Lebron.

The Teams improvement will have to come from within, and they will also have to deal with being the team to beat and need to defend the Eastern Conference trophy againts all odds.

With no Sasha and Varejao, their is not much "within".

We also have 2 talented sophomore in the person of Daniel Gibson and Shannon Brown. Daniel Gibson is the future starting PG of the Cavaliers and he can also hit some crucial shoots in the 4th quarter while Shannon Brown is our Summer League MVP and i expect him to get more playing time once the Cavs did not resign Sasha.

These young stud should give the Cavs a shot of youth and excitement in the backcourt, things that were missing in the Cavs lineup last season.

I won't hate on Gibson, he deserves certain credit, but he has so much more to prove it's not even funny. He has to put up consistent numbers all season to be considered anything. And Shannon Brown isn't gonna be anything to soon if ever more than a role player who can dunk. But i know Shannon Brown well, watched him play 4 years of highschool at Proviso East(IL) with Dee Brown. If your depending on those 2 to bring your team to the forefront you gotta do more research. Gibson is undersized on D sometimes like Ben Gordon, but Gordon is far more potent on offense.

Defensively, this is a top caliber team that always competes hard and hits the boards. A tough man-to-man squad with Snow/Gooden/Varajeo, and company that will take charges and go for loose balls.

You have no Varejao at this point.

58 wins that is the Cavaliers main goal in Lebron's 5th Season in the NBA and an NBA Championship ring.


Dude you have been a member since april, you have posted 4,500+ in 6 months, must not get out much...pull yourself away from the keyboard.

Last edited by Dengness9 : 09-30-2007 at 06:10 AM.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:15 AM   #34
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,791
Default Re: 07-08...Bulls or Cavs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
What happens to the Cavs if LeBron gets injured? You could take out any of the Bulls front court and they would barely skip a beat because they have the depth to cover it and don't rely on one player.


I pray to God that Lebron will play the full 82 games next season or else we are an instant lottery team in the NBA. Until then a healthy Lebron James and even a healthy Wade for the Miami Heat can cost some major problem againts the Chicago Bulls.

The Bulls are lacking a killer instict to advance into the next level because they are still searching for a true superstar that would lead this team into the Eastern Conference Finals. It could be Deng? it could be Kirk Hinrich? and it could be Ben Gordon?. We never know unless one of them separate their game from the other stars in the NBA.

Beside Lebron will not get injured he only missed 10 games in his NBA career and he is adding some new aspect of his game by improving his perimeter shooting.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 09-30-2007 at 06:40 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:19 AM   #35
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over
 
Manute for Ever!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Singapore, via Australia
Posts: 9,301
Default Re: 07-08...Bulls or Cavs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I pray to God that Lebron will play the full 82 games next season or else we are an instant lottery team in the NBA. Until then a healthy Lebron James and even a healthy Wade for the Miami Hear can cost some major problem againts the Chicago Bulls.

The Bulls are lacking a killer instict to advance into the next level because they are still searching for a true superstar that would lead this team into the Eastern Conference Finals. It could be Deng? it could be Kirk Hinrich? and it could be Ben Gordon?. We never know unless one of them seperate their game from the other stars in the NBA.

Beside Lebron will not get injured he only missed 10 games in his NBA career and he is adding some new aspect of his game by improving his perimeter shooting.

It's called "Playing Like a Team". Why have one player be the focus, when you can have several equal threats. And how can you say a player wont get injured? Besides, LeBron is going into this season with no rest, that has got to take a toll.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:25 AM   #36
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,791
Default Re: 07-08...Bulls or Cavs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9

With no Sasha and Varejao, their is not much "within".


I think they are playing smart negotiations. Cavs management knows the benefits of restricted free agency. Beside they have learned from their past mistake after signing Hughes to a huge contract 2 seasons ago.

Why would they over pay more money than you have to? The Cavs knows Varejao or Pavlovic, both have to sign with Cleveland, or not play in the NBA.

Any team that would like them also can't really offer them anything right now, since Cleveland can and most likely would match any offer.

Beside Cavs can get a much cheaper talent in the NBDL and sign them to a 10 day contract. A much cheaper price compare if we sign the Flopper Varejao and Sasha Pavlovic back into our roster.

Nothing will ever change because those 2 guys can be replaced at the same time and save our team a much needed salary cap. Possibly set their sights on signing a decent Superstar next season

Last edited by Lebron23 : 09-30-2007 at 06:36 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:28 AM   #37
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,791
Default Re: 07-08...Bulls or Cavs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
It's called "Playing Like a Team". Why have one player be the focus, when you can have several equal threats. And how can you say a player wont get injured? Besides, LeBron is going into this season with no rest, that has got to take a toll.


Because the Cavaliers are built around Lebron James, he is the team’s one and only franchise player same thing could be said if Dirk Nowitzki and Kobe Bryant got injured next season, Their team would definitely go down in the Western Conference. The Bulls can play as a team but it would not merit them an eastern finals appearance because of not having a "real superstar' that would take over the game during Crunch time.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 09-30-2007 at 06:37 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:27 AM   #38
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over
 
Manute for Ever!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Singapore, via Australia
Posts: 9,301
Default Re: 07-08...Bulls or Cavs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS


What a pathetic argument, almost as dumb as Dengness9 aka bullzballboy's. What if LeBron gets injured. What if the sky was orange? What if we got hit a meteor today? LMAO! If a team's best player gets injured, they will lose.

If Duncan got injured, the Spurs would be destroyed in the first round.

If Ben Gordon got injured, the Bulls would have one of the five worst offenses in the game.

What if he gets injured...Rofl. That's the only thing us Bulls fans can hope for, considering LeBron will take a dump all over us like he usually does.

You clearly missed my point. Because the Bulls aren't built around one player and because they have excellent depth, an injury to one of the Bulls frontcourt woud have infinitely less impact than an injury to a teams superstar. Do you get it now?
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #39
ILballa
Hemp Coach
 
ILballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,752
Default Re: 07-08...Bulls or Cavs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
the Cavs have proven they can get further than the Bulls.
until further notice, its the Cavs.


Bulls had a harder schedule during the playoffs.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:58 AM   #40
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,791
Default Re: 07-08...Bulls or Cavs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILballa
Bulls had a harder schedule during the playoffs.


Chicago Bulls 2006-07 Season

Won First Round vs. Miami Heat, 40
Lost Conference Semifinals to Detroit Pistons, 24

East Conf Semis

Gm Date Tm Opp W/L Score Series
+--+----------+---+----+---+-------+-------------+
1 2007-05-05 CHI @DET L 69-95 DET leads 1-0
2 2007-05-07 CHI @DET L 87-108 DET leads 2-0
3 2007-05-10 CHI DET L 74-81 DET leads 3-0
4 2007-05-13 CHI DET W 102-87 DET leads 3-1
5 2007-05-15 CHI @DET W 108-92 DET leads 3-2
6 2007-05-17 CHI DET L 85-95 DET wins 4-2
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:18 PM   #41
KULLS
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: KULL land, home of the H.O.F.
Posts: 112
Default Re: 07-08...Bulls or Cavs?

Wow, This isn't even close. Cleveland is the definition of a one-hit wonder. Does anyone actually think they should have beat the Pistons? Exactly kids, they don't have any talent after Lebron, since they are all washed up.

Teamwork wins championships, kids. If it was who had the best superstar in the league wins championships, wouldn't Kobe have at least got better than a seventh seed?
KULLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #42
KULLS
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: KULL land, home of the H.O.F.
Posts: 112
Default Re: 07-08...Bulls or Cavs?

That's really what's wrong with today's game, idiots/little kids think having the flashiest player in the league will win you championship. Now we all know that common sense states otherwise, but we still have a major portion of the NBA "fanbase" who think this.

And people wonder why this is the weakest era of post-black history.
KULLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:22 PM   #43
KULLS
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: KULL land, home of the H.O.F.
Posts: 112
Default Re: 07-08...Bulls or Cavs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS


Listen to KULLS aka XxNeXuSxX aka Showtime getting humiliated. Superstars win championships kid. Teamwork is overrated. KULLS knows nothing. LMAO

BULLS AKA Showtime AKA XxNeXuSxX AKA Lebron23 still trying to pass the second grade
KULLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #44
dynasty23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
Default Re: 07-08...Bulls or Cavs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULLS
That's really what's wrong with today's game, idiots/little kids think having the flashiest player in the league will win you championship. Now we all know that common sense states otherwise, but we still have a major portion of the NBA "fanbase" who think this.

And people wonder why this is the weakest era of post-black history.

yah your an idiot. get a life man is all you do post on this board lol. no one thinks your funny find a job or something.
dynasty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #45
KULLS
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: KULL land, home of the H.O.F.
Posts: 112
Default Re: 07-08...Bulls or Cavs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
I can say this though. The Bulls, with their team play could probably win 15 titles in the pathetic 60's, considering it was the weakest era in league history. But in today's era, the 2nd or 3rd most difficult ever? Against real superstars? No chance. This isn't the weak 60's, kid.


There's only 10 year's in a decade, kid.

I've actually watched games live in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and this crappy era kid. We've already proven (with common sense) that this era, has by far, the weakest play in history since the 50s. I'm sorry to spoil your childhood like this
KULLS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy